Thread: Legend of Korra (Book 4: Balance)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Legend of Korra (Book 4: Balance)

First clip. Watch at yer own risk.

[
    ]

[]
    And this is how she'll look next season.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    This is confirmed to be the last season, right?

Season 3 was my favourite season of this by far, so can't wait to see how they wrap it up.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Quoting EvilShoe (view post)
    This is confirmed to be the last season, right?

Season 3 was my favourite season of this by far, so can't wait to see how they wrap it up.
    Yes, it is.

Trailer.

"Three Years Later"

HOLY. SHIT. They are jumping that far ahead!? That's quite unexpected. Looks like that eleventh hour character introduction at the end of last season is indeed going to come to the fore. Looks terrific. Can't wait. So glad we're not going to have to wait for a year.

EDIT: Looks like that woman is looking to build up a new Earth Kingdom, much stronger and more unified than before (if unified by force). Given that earth benders are potentially able to control metal and fire (in the form of lava) in addition to all regular forms of earth, that makes them very well-rounded and formidable. I'm also really excited to see the kids aged up. Really looking forward to seeing Jinora express her power at a higher level.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Season rankings 3, 1, 4, 2. Got really bored in the middle of season 4. The ending was quite good but especially around the clip episode I didn't need to watch every week so we marathoned the last four episodes last night.

I'm really going to miss this show, and I hope this isn't the last we see of this world. I think the show has significantly matured this series, and I'd like to see another one with an adult avatar. Maybe even one at the end of his/her career. This fourth season didn't quite reach the heights of the third season--mostly due to a sharp decline in villain, but Korra's journey was strong and the supporting cast was as charming as ever. The finale had the greatest action set piece since Aang vs. Fire Lord. The supermeccha was dreadful and sinister. Kovira's humanity didn't shine through as strongly and with the complexity of Zaheer, but the stakes were effectively raised. It's rewarding to be left satisfied by a series finale. It's a rare occurrence for me.

I echo Wryan's 3 > 4 > 1 > 2.

I pretty much agree with what you just said Lucky. This universe is pretty much limitless and I would also love to see the adventures of another avatar either as another animated show or as a film (with actual output from Bryke, not something like Shyamalan's).

However, it seems like there won't be anything on this universe on the near future, specially because both Mike and Bryan have new projects right now (Bryan is doing a graphic novel while Mike is writing a novel series). Let's hope this new projects remain god and that they go back to the Avatar universe someday, though.