Thread: Top 10 Songs That Do Not Define My Music Interest

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Top 10 Songs That Do Not Define My Music Interest

I don't post in the music section much. I don't buy that much music but feel like I have a very small range when it comes to music that appeals to me. I listen mostly to SiriusXM Faction for my music; consisting of old and new punk-rock, old/new hiphop or a mixture of those two. If I'm not listening to Faction I'm listening to my own collection or Howard Stern.

But every once in a while there's a song that sticks to me and it usually does not resemble any music that listen to on a regular basis. So the follow are my top 10 songs I became obsessed with after hearing them, and are outliers in my music interest.

Post your songs that do the same thing after the list is complete.

10. Awolnation- Sail
    9. Apollo 440- The Man with the Harmonica
    8. Fieldwork - This Is Not The End
    7. Dope Smugglaz - The Word (PMT Remix)
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

10. Awolnation- Sail

Sail has a great rhythm I can sink into, but it wasn't on the radio where I even heard this song for the first time. It was on youtube on a break-dancing yoga video that went viral (below) and it was a combination of the visual and the music where I started to really enjoy the song. The breakdancing video is also wonderfully edit for an amateur video.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

9. Apollo 440- The Man with the Harmonica

Not all of the songs on this list have lyrics, The Man with the Harmonica being the first example. I heard this song for the first time while I was in grad school- I was trying to study and I needed some soothing music to listen to- music helps me concentrate but if I play my own collection, I find myself singing along to the song, which distracts me. So I listened to the SiriuxXM channel "CHILL" a lot, and this song came on one day. I've been in love with this song ever since.

I know this song played at the end of an Sopranos episode, but the song also reminds me of two movies I love- Once Upon a Time in the West ( the Harmonica ) and the Burbs scene where Ray and Art are walking up to the Klopeck's house right before they get attacked by bees.

There's also a remix that I really enjoy below.

8. This Is Not The End - Fieldwork

The music creates an aura that feels very organic to the content in the movie. Although I haven't see the movie (only the trailer and I have read the book), the same aura was created in the Battle: Los Angeles song, Johann Johannsson "The Sun's Gone Dim" (below). Same over-produced voice over sorrow music, but not any less wonderful.

7. Dope Smugglaz - The Word (PMT Remix)

To be honest, I don't like this version that much. I like the version that exists on the Swordfish soundtrack where the end of John Travolta's intro speech is pasted on top of the intro to this song- (Which sorta begins at the 1:05 mark in the video above) - but a completely different effect when listening to it stand alone. So if you have that album, listen to it on CD- the MP3 cuts off the pause between track 1 and 2 and it's not seamless. This is a huge disadvantage with modern technology (MP3) ruining a great soundtrack. If anyone knows of any fixes for this, please let me know. Below is how track 2 starts on the soundtrack with the fade in cut off -

6. The Faint (Thin White Duke Remix) - The Conductor

I was introduced to this band by a friend of mine who popped it in when I had my sound system installed in my car. This album was perfect to listen to in close quarters- the base really grabs you sitting in the car seats. Love this intro and love the tie in at 2:51. And of course, the original is just as fantastic (below) and even more eerie.

5. Mickey Avalon - So Rich, So Pretty

I hate 99.9% of Mickey Avalon's stuff and the only reason I can tell why I enjoy this song is the music video cut to the beats. That's about it. And the fact that these girls exist.

4. Daft Punk - Get Lucky

Quick story: I was drunk out in Boston, heard this song, woke up the next morning, couldn't figure out how to describe to someone this song I heard.. fast forward a couple of weeks I was out in Bar Harbor, the song was playing at an outdoor bar and I ran to the nearest person to ask them the name of the song. The next day I bought the album- first Daft Punk album ever and I'm in love with every track. I actually think the song below is better, but Pharrell is a musical genius.

3.Massive Attack - Paradise Circus - Zeds Dead Remix

NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
    []

This video was on youtube for a while and I think it got pulled- but it had links to this Zed guy who remixs all kinds of songs. Anyway, the video was unlisted and had all his info in it, and now I googled it to find it on VIMEO. This is another case where the REMIX of a song, got me to buy the original album. The video is pretty fucking fantastic too. Original song below.

Break In between the countdown-

I guess this is what we are accepting as music today. Video aside, could be the worst thing I've ever heard.