Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Animated Superhero Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    OK done with season 4 Batman. Here are the order of what I have watched the past couple of weeks followed by what I plan on watching.

Superman: The Animated Series - Completed
    Justice League - Completed
    Batman: The Animated Series - Completed

Next up:

Justice League Unlimited
    The New Batman Adventures <-- can't find this anywhere. The only thing that keeps popping up is The New Adventures of Batman. Is this streaming anywhere?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

You already watched it. Look at the episode list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tures_episodes
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You already watched it. Look at the episode list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tures_episodes
    That I did. I guess I thought they changed the name and added more seasons.

No matter, moving on to JLU.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

JLU is awesome.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    When you're done with those check out Batman: Brave and the Bold that's another awesome series.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I'm a few episodes into JLU and so far it's great. The added rock music is horrendous though. I remember people hating the Edge guitar licks in The Batman but it's just as terrible and jarring in JLU. The Man Who Has Everything is a great episode but that soundtrack is obnoxious.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Picked up the JLU again. The time travel episode with Batman, Wonder Woman and JL is another gem.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Picked up the JLU again. The time travel episode with Batman, Wonder Woman and JL is another gem.
    Done with JLU. What's next?

I just finished the Green Lantern Animated series. It wasn't bad once you got past the very computer generated animation style.

Duke have you watched Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I really liked that series.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I just finished the Green Lantern Animated series. It wasn't bad once you got past the very computer generated animation style.

Duke have you watched Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes? I really liked that series.
    Nope. Adding to list. Is there anything in the DC universe I should watch before going to Marvel?

Looking over your lists...did you watch Batman Beyond yet? If not, thats your next stop.

Looking over your lists...did you watch Batman Beyond yet? If not, thats your next stop.
    Nope. Batman Beyond it is.

Technically, Batman Beyond was meant to be watched before JLU.

Young Justice is a great sequel to JLU. It's not a direct continuity because it's made by different people and has its own take on certain characters and organizations, but it works very well as a logical follow up and they obviously used JLU as a baseline.

Yeah I was surprised how much I enjoyed Young Justice. That title is awful but I really dug it.

Technically, Batman Beyond was meant to be watched before JLU.
    How? I know there was a BB episode in one of the JLU seasons, but why would you need to watch an Old Bruce Wayne before a younger Bruce Wayne?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    How? I know there was a BB episode in one of the JLU seasons, but why would you need to watch an Old Bruce Wayne before a younger Bruce Wayne?
    I guess you don't need to, but that was the order they made them, so of course that's the order it's meant to be watched. The BB episodes in JLU even take place after the BB show.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

As for Batman Beyond, I never watched it originally because I didn't like the concept, or maybe I was just mad that they cancelled the original animated series. I only first watched it a few years ago. And was stunned to discover that it kicks ass!

Batman: Under The Red Hood was great. I've had this for a while and been meaning to watch it and all the Batman talk lately pushed me over the edge.

What's another great animated Batman movie? And is there a certain order I should be watching them?

Movies on tap:

Batman: Assault on Arkham (looks to be in the video game universe and about the suicide squad)
    Gotham Knight (some great animation)
    Superman vs The Elite
    Justice League Doom
    Justice League War
    Green Lantern Emerald Knights
    Mark of the Phantasm

JL: Doom would be next highest marks on that list. And I echo the URH love!

JL: Doom would be next highest marks on that list. And I echo the URH love!
    Nathan Fillion as GL? Yes please.

Just wanted to add that Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl are the focal point of two of my favorite episodes on the show.
    Having watched the series, I can understand why.

The episodes were Manhunter wants to become more in-tune with humanity, and leaves the JL, and shows up later as an old man was pretty great.

The love triangle between GL Vixen and Hawk Girl was also great.

One thing that has bugged me which is why I try to watch the series in chronological order. IN JL: Doom, we have Hal as Green Lantern now. Was there a movie or episode that is supposed to explain the passing of the ring?

And Manhunter gets poisoned- but I had to look up the effects of the poison and why that was such a big reveal in the movie. Is this explained anywhere?

All the movies are standalone and have nothing to do with the show or each other.

All the movies are standalone and have nothing to do with the show or each other.
    Which gets confusing because a lot of the voice actors return.

Big Lots had a bunch of DC animated Blu rays for $2.88 on Black Friday. They still have a bunch of them. Wonder Woman, Green Lantern first flight, Superman doomsday, Superman Shazam.

Wonder Woman and First Flight work so well as origin films. That the First Flight script is just a remake of Training Day set in space is inspired. The Ryan Reynolds movie should've just used that script.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast