Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Animated Superhero Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh, I watched another one of my favorite episodes last night- The Justice Lords! Watch Superman Kill and lobotomize enemies with his eye lasers.

Though it didn't make sense on why Lord Batman helped Justice Batman.

Also, deus ex machina ending.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    The two Batmans have an interaction that changes Lord Batman's mind.

[
    ]

(Pretty sure that's the episode you're talking about. Been awhile).

Yes it is. To which the real Batman adds on "They'd be so proud of you." (emphasis on so in a condescending way)

Lord Batman glares.... "Just drive".

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    It's a great two parter. I may have to dig it up again.

Other favorite moment: [
    ]

That moment was more powerful than you remember, Irish. They didn't pull up next to families in a park.

[
    ]

I always loved that scene. A really beautiful one-two punch of the benefit and consequence of strict law enforcement.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Yes! That's it. My other other favorite part of that is the way each Batman convinces the other that his position is right.

[
    ]

~40 minutes of story & everything in it is perfect.

That scene is on youtube

Yeh, Hereafter episodes are fucking amazing.

Can anyone tell me what issues this saga takes palace? If they exist) I'm assuming they're based around a previous story.

There isn't. Only one episode was an adaptation, and you'll know which one because it'll say so in the opening credits. The rest are all original stories.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh man. Well done WB/DC.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh, Hereafter episodes are fucking amazing.
    This is one of my favorite episodes out of the entire DCAU. Another is the one number8 just referenced. Both of them are ace Superman stories, because they focus on that character and aren't about his powers at all.

I've been rewatching a few episodes because of this thread & ten years on I'm still astounded just how good some of these stories are.

Yeah, that other episode gets me misty eyed.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Starcrossed.
    Oh man! So good!

Flash: "What about our secret Identities? I trust you guys but...."
    Batman: Wally West, Clark Kent <pulls off cowl>, Bruce Wayne.

One of the best moments in the series.

I finished the 2 seasons of Justice League, now I'm going back and re-watching Batman TAS before I go on to season 3. I haven't seen some of these in 20 years. I love the animation.

When the HUB Network started re-airing Batman TAS I tuned in. Just like I used to as a kid. I haven't seen all the episodes yet but it's one of those special shows that I have found memories of from when I was younger.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Some nitpicks about season 1 since I'm almost finished:

Flash has been nerfed big time. There is a five minute scene of him trying to catch a truck driving like 45 miles an hour in one episode.

The heroes are constantly monologuing and allowing the villains to escape.

Tom Sizemore is not a good voice actor. His Rex Mason/Metamorpho doesn't work because of it.

Martian Manhunter uses his telepathy like 3 times in this first season and everytime he gets zapped by the person on the other end.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

So why wasn't the transition from Dick to Tim explained between season 3 and season 4 of Batman TAS. All of a sudden Robin is gone? and then Nightwing shows up in Episode 5 of Season 4. Did I miss something? Or was that intentional.

"People change."

There is an episode that is all about the backstory for that. "Old Wounds." You probably haven't gotten there yet, so I just spoiled it for you.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    "People change."
    "Things change."

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    "Things change."
    :lol: shit, i was close.

Did anybody watch Assault on Arkham? I thought is a fun little animated trip set in the Arkham game world. Nothing to freak out about though.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Did anybody watch Assault on Arkham? I thought is a fun little animated trip set in the Arkham game world. Nothing to freak out about though.
    I just blind bought it. Was going to watch it after I was done with Season 4 Batman.

Legends of the Dark Knight- is. Awesome. Wow. Michael Ironside as Bruce Wayne/Batman. It almost sounded like Peter Weller there for a second and I was like... "Whaaaa? They went back to him for the movie??"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast