Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Animated Superhero Thread

I know! That Ryan Reynolds movie is so frustrating because its not all bad, then totally blows it when it could have been so easy.

number8's suggestion also makes sense because the movie is at its best when it's set in Oa. All the Earth stuff is just too mundane and by the numbers.

The best scene, though? "Watch your back". "You know that's impossible".

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    List of recent viewings:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm - Kinda boring and more origin stories with Batman. Villain was pretty terrible.
    Batman: Year One - Could have been better. Needs more Batman helping Gordon.
    Justice League: The New Frontier: More origin stories...(GL) - Green Arrow is on the cover and he's barely in the movie. I don't understand some of the decisions made in these movies. More of a Green Lantern movie than a Justice League movie.
    Superman/Batman: Apocalypse - Doomsday is supposed to be one of the most powerful superman foes- Darkseid clones him and sends him to Earth and they destroy them as easily as Battle Droids. Hated that, but loved the Super Girl story. This really wasn't a Batman focused movie. He shouldn't be in the title.
    Superman/Batman: Public Enemies: There's a pretty great battle between tons of villains vs Superman/Batman. I like the Luther involvement.
    Justice League: War - Not a justice League movie- It's everyone meeting each other for the first time. The Superman / Batman fight is what I would expect in a live action movie. Superman basically laughing in the face of Batman.
    Justice League: Doom - The best on this list- Vandal Savage as the main Legion of Doom figure head is great and the stolen Batman plans was a nice tough. The fights are pretty great.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Superman vs. The Elite - another meh- Not a fan of this type of animation- a little bit too cartoony. I would have preferred this type of movie to look like Flashpoint Paradox or The Dark Knight Returns. I love the screenplay and think this would be a fantastic live action adaptation.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The end of that one saved it for me overall. I agree with you though.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    The end of that one saved it for me overall. I agree with you though.
    The ending was by far the best part. It really had me turned around.

rewatching Justice League war. Considering how DC/Warner is taking the quote unquote anti marvel approach by introducing their mega team in one movie vs many origin movies, this would be the way to do it. not saying this is a perfect movie, but the first half hour of introductory compilation it pretty well done. gets everybody introduced in short time, and gets the ball rolling.

in fact, if the first live-action Justice League movie that we get copies this movie for the first two thirds, I would have zero problem with it. Quickest path to getting everybody introd.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    in fact, if the first live-action Justice League movie that we get copies this movie for the first two thirds, I would have zero problem with it. Quickest path to getting everybody introd.
    War didn't introduce Wonder Woman very well. She just kind of appears. Also, the first time Superman and Batman meet, this is exactly how I would expect a live action superman batman fight. With superman basically laughing in Batman's face.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    War didn't introduce Wonder Woman very well. She just kind of appears.
    I'm okay with that. Remember its a 79 min animated movie. No JL live action movie will be less than 2 hours, so theres one area they could expand a bit.

Watched Justice League: Gods and Monsters last night. I want more movies from this alternative universe. But I want both Universes to collide. It was VERY deceiving putting Clark, Diana and Bruce on the movie poster. Was a little bit aggravated about that.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Oh happy day.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Noice!

Whaaaaat? Is that a show or a movie?

I'll take either!

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Whaaaaat? Is that a show or a movie?
    Series on the CW!

I see they still can't get the name right.

But they got him smoking!

Man, that clip was gorgeous.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Series on the CW!
    Nay, this is gonna be like the Vixen series. They're web series shorts on CWSeed.com. Each episode is about 5-10 minutes.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Nay, this is gonna be like the Vixen series. They're web series shorts on CWSeed.com. Each episode is about 5-10 minutes.
    Awwwww damn it.

Doesn't look as good as Assault on Arkham, but I'll take it.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    This looks fucking awesome.

Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Whoa that is not the plotline I was expecting with this project.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast