Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Last thing you bought...

My parents decided to buy me as much stuff as possible So here is the list of my today purchases:
    1. A new white orchid for my collection (just gorgeous)
    2. Clothes. New jeans, two T-shirts, Nike sneakers (for my morning run)
    3. Ladies' stuff. Moschino Hippy Fizz perfume (I just love it!), Aveda shampoo (found the recommendation on mystraightener)
    4. Books. The First Law by Joe Abercrombie (already finished it on an e-reader but want to have it on my shelf)
    5. Also bought a new glass table. Suits perfect for my room
    Last edited by SpaceUO; 02-15-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Hi SpaceUO. Welcome to MC.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I grew tired of constantly fixing my old John Deere 828d. Plus some of the parts were impossible to find since the machine was from the 80’s.

This new machine is a beast. 306cc engine, 28” clearing width, and up to a 55 foot throw distance. It laughs in the face of the plow wash at the end of the driveway.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Looks similar to mine only mine is from the mid 00s.

Wife and I are thinking of buying some land and building and I would say good bye to my snow blower... and say hello to a plow guy as my driveway would be 300 feet long.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

2 Nintendo Switches for the price of 1.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    2 Nintendo Switches for the price of 1.
    Can I have the other one?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Can I have the other one?
    I'm going to have one always docked for TV play, and one always ready for portable use.

In other words - sorry, Jen already claimed the second one.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Looks similar to mine only mine is from the mid 00s.

Wife and I are thinking of buying some land and building and I would say good bye to my snow blower... and say hello to a plow guy as my driveway would be 300 feet long.
    Tractor!
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Hmm I think the last interesting thing I bought was The Sirens of Titan, The Misfits and Fort Apache.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Just snagged this beaut from the latest Mondo Drop. Was supposed to release during SxSW, but that got canceled like everything else did.

Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

*drool*

How big is it?

24x36 (inches)

A pretty standard poster size, so I'll be able to find a decent frame for it without breaking the bank.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I believe the last thing I bought was some movies at Half-Price books.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Does paying an adoption fee count? Cuz I just paid the adoption fee for my boy here Charlie.

He's one handsome fella.

Awwww DOGGY!
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Upgrades:

And my new baby:

Oh, I forgot to brag here...

Very nice. How big is the Space Station?

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Upgrades:

Scar... I was JUST going to post somewhere on MC what people would recommend for a new leaf blower.

So.... how is it? I will run out and get it now if you endorse it.

I take it your are anti-battery leaf blower?

This was the front runner for me. https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1...722B/311471031

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Scar... I was JUST going to post somewhere on MC what people would recommend for a new leaf blower.

So.... how is it? I will run out and get it now if you endorse it.

I take it your are anti-battery leaf blower?

This was the front runner for me. https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1...722B/311471031
    I was just going to buy Stihl everything, but then went back and researched again. The above Ryobi is extremely well reviewed, and my initial impressions are good. We’ve got a screen porch attached to the garage that was full of leaves and a bitch to sweep because of the thin layer of carpet. Cleaned it right up in just a few minutes.

I prefer engines. Just have a separate gas can for your 50:1 oil blend, and make sure to use the high octane gas, too. I’ve gone through sooo many batteries with my work drill that I try to steer clear of rechargeable stuff around the house.

The Stihl I contemplated getting is temperamental to start. The Ryobi was easy. Prime it, choke it, couple pulls, and you’re in business.

I have a friend who uses a backpack blower, but he has a few acres.

I wrap black Gorilla tape around the gas cans that are dedicated 50:1 fuel blends.

And spend the extra 20 on Sure Can, the convenience is worth it, considering the cheaper ones can be a pain in the ass with all the flame arrest requirements these days.

Yeh I have a smaller tank for the mixed and a large one for just pure gas. Was trying to avoid gas stuff all-together but we are probably still a ways out from the performance.

Performance has definitely improved for battery, but battery life and replacement cost is something you need to look at too.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast