Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Dark Universe Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    oh hell yeah. I want a team-up. bring in John Constantine just for shits and giggles
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Invisible Man movie to be directed by Leigh Whannell (Upgrade) - This is exactly what this "franchise" needs.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/u...cy-1203117708/

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    After "Upgrade," I will watch anything Whannell produces. That movie was so much fun.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    After "Upgrade," I will watch anything Whannell produces. That movie was so much fun.
    I’m dying to see Upgrade, I wish it would drop on Netflix. But I feel like it’s one I’ll love and should just blind buy. With your endorsement I’ll bump it up the list! Are you a fan of the Insidious movies?

Regarding The Invisible Man, my understanding is that this is just a stand alone and the Dark Universe is still dead, no?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    If Johnny Depp is no longer attached, I hope they cast Logan Marshall-Green as the Invisible Man.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I’m dying to see Upgrade, I wish it would drop on Netflix. But I feel like it’s one I’ll love and should just blind buy. With your endorsement I’ll bump it up the list! Are you a fan of the Insidious movies?

Regarding The Invisible Man, my understanding is that this is just a stand alone and the Dark Universe is still dead, no?
    They are putting huge emphasis on stand alone right now, which is what they should have done in the first place.

- - - - -
    "Upgrade" was the most fun I had at the movies last year. The premise is silly but Whannell gets a lot out of it. If you like goofy, out there sci fi (eg: "Predestination"), then you'll probably dig it.

I liked the first "Insidious" but hated the sequels. Considering their solo output, I think Whannell is better off without Wan.

Oh man. I would definitely not describe Upgrade or Predestination as "goofy".

- - - - -
    Oh, dude. They so totally are. I loved "Predestination" but c'mon. The premise is ridiculous.

ETA: I don't mean that as a criticism of either movie. The fact that they're goofy around the edges is part of the fun, and a testement to the filmmakers, both of whom pulled off an engaging movie where many others would have totally failed.
    Last edited by Irish; 01-30-2019 at 10:00 PM.

I just find Whannell such an unlikeable douche in reality that it’s hard for me to attribute the success of films he’s involved with to him, specifically.

Still remember a spat he got into back on RT with a few of our OG Axis of Very Evil members.

I mean sure, people can change. But damn he was a twat.

When are things not goofy when the premise is simplified? Is a three breasted mutant stripper on Mars goofy? Or a cyborg sent back in time to protect the person who sent him back through time?

- - - - -
    I just find Whannell such an unlikeable douche in reality that it’s hard for me to attribute the success of films he’s involved with to him, specifically.

Still remember a spat he got into back on RT with a few of our OG Axis of Very Evil members.

I mean sure, people can change. But damn he was a twat.
    I never knew anything about him personally. That's fucked up and bizarre. What the hell happened?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    When are things not goofy when the premise is simplified? Is a three breasted mutant stripper on Mars goofy? Or a cyborg sent back in time to protect the person who sent him back through time?
    In order: Huh? Not the premise of that movie, but yes. Also yes.

If I remember it all correctly it was regarding the original Saw. Some of the Axis members were criticizing it (namely the writing).

First he got into a scuff with them himself, then he either created a fake account pretending to be his “girlfriend” coming to his defence, or straight up used her account. But it was clearly him hiding behind another ID.

You know what I mean. I was exaggerating.

- - - - -
    I'm honestly a little unclear.

I think you might be stuck on my use of the word "goofy."

So let's substitute "good silly fun" instead?

Predestination has one of the greatest mind fuck endings of all time, in my books.

Elisabeth Moss joins The Invisible Man. Looks like Blumhouse is doing their thang.
    https://deadline.com/2019/04/elisabe...ng-1202594633/

Dracula movie to be made with Robert Kirkman attached

https://deadline.com/2019/11/univers...an-1202791211/

Upgrade is super goofy. I love it.

Holy wow. That's unexpected.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

He's already had his time as a vampire

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    He's already had his time as a vampire
    He has? in what?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast