Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney's DuckTales

Voltage!!!

Disney's DuckTales

Who else watched this show? I used to love it, I used to tape the episodes and watch them again and again...

Now, 15-20 years later I've acquired all 100 episodes and I'm gonna watch them. Scratch my New Year's resolutions in that off topic thread, this is my new New Year's resolution.

What's your favorite episode? Your favorite characters?

I'm in total nostalgia mode.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Launchpad and Glumgold are the heart of the show. It is glorious. I have rewatched many of them recently and found them still completely enjoyable. Hope you think so too.

I loved the show as a kid and I still love it...

This and Gummi Bears were two of my favorites.

I watch all the old theme songs on YouTube for my nostalgia trips. This, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale (Rescue Rangers), all of em.

I myself need only a giant vault of gold coins in which to swim around to achieve nirvana.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I beat the videogame.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I myself need only a giant vault of gold coins in which to swim around to achieve nirvana.
    Only Scrooge can swim in those, however... that's a bummer.

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    i haven't watched much of the show, but i love the movies. (there are two of them, right?)
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Only Scrooge can swim in those, however... that's a bummer.
    So I'll wear a Scrooge costume. Don't deny me my dreams.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting lovejuice (view post)
    i haven't watched much of the show, but i love the movies. (there are two of them, right?)
    Just one theatrical feature, but there were a few feature-length season premieres that originally aired combined and were later split up. Video releases in different parts of the world probably put them all back together for a unified running time.

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Just one theatrical feature, but there were a few feature-length season premieres that originally aired combined and were later split up. Video releases in different parts of the world probably put them all back together for a unified running time.
    i see. i love both of them. the theatrical is the one with the genie and the magic lamp, right? [
    ]
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

Quote Quoting lovejuice (view post)
    i see. i love both of them. the theatrical is the one with the genie and the magic lamp, right? [
    ]
    I loved that movie. There needs to be more movies with obstacle courses, and they can't be called Resident Evil. More like The Last Crusade.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    How has Wats not posted in here yet? In fact, how did this thread get made by anyone but Wats?

You know, looking back, DuckTales really was something amazing, with a quality of writing (and animation!) that just isn't found in many kids' shows. In fact, as the years go by, I get more and more ready to consider the possibility that maybe it's superior to my beloved Darkwing Duck.

You know, looking back, DuckTales really was something amazing, with a quality of writing (and animation!) that just isn't found in many kids' shows. In fact, as the years go by, I get more and more ready to consider the possibility that maybe it's superior to my beloved Darkwing Duck.
    It's a close race. DD has that breakfast gauntlet that makes me pee my pants just thinking about it, especially in that one episode where his daughter does it better than him with all those shortcuts.

--Homer

I love that show. I have found memories of watching it along with the other early 90s cartoons I watched as a kid. Good times. Simple times. I hate growing old.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

I still think that Gummi Bears is the best written American kids cartoon that's not Loony Tunes.

Voltage!!!
    I'm... terrified.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I beat the videogame.
    I hate you. My copy always errored at one point before I beat it. :evil:

Yup, there's DuckTales The Movie (1990) and then there's the first five episodes of the show that was released on a video tape as one long feature, at least it was here in Denmark. I remember I had it.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    How has Wats not posted in here yet? In fact, how did this thread get made by anyone but Wats?
    I don't know. I searched for a DuckTales discussion and I was surprised to see we didn't have one.

Damn right. If I ever get through the DuckTales episodes, then Darkwing Duck is next. I remember loving that one as well, but not much else.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    I still think that Gummi Bears is the best written American kids cartoon that's not Loony Tunes.
    I may give Gummy Bears a shot after I get through DuckTales and Darkwing Duck. I don't remember much of that show.
    Don't mourn the dead,
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Voltage!!!
    I've watched the first two episodes and they were glorious. I may have to quit my job so I can watch this cartoon full-time.

More later.
    Don't mourn the dead,
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    I may have to quit my job so I can watch this cartoon full-time.
    Sounds like a good idea.

Alright Lasse, you've encouraged me to take my own nostalgia trip.

I am downloading 65 episodes of The Real Ghostbusters, another one of my favorites.

I am going to watch a bunch this weekend.

I really liked this show as a kid, and was always shocked by how dark it was. There is actually an episode in the pack I am getting called The Collect Call of Cthulhu. That's crazy! Ghostbusters was probably my first introduction to Cthulhu, now that I think about it.

I am downloading 65 episodes of The Real Ghostbusters, another one of my favorites.
    Despite watching this one on a regular basis, I only remember one episode well, where they are playing a game show in Hell. It was totally bizarre.

Every day for at least a year of my childhood had to begin with this.

I went back and watched a few not too long ago, still good and yes, surprisingly creepy and dark. The Boogeyman gave me nightmares anew.
    Twitter

Next Projection Top 10s (update - Top 10 Action Sequences 1/29)
    Yearly Top 11s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast