Thread: Star Wars Anthology Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    So you hated the ending to Hell in a Cell too, huh?
    I didn’t watch it, but I heard about it, as well as about what they did to Kofi. I gave up and finally, FINALLY threw in the towel after the abhorrent way they completely fucked up the Becky/Ronda storyline heading into WM, though. The only reason I still know what’s going on at all is because there’s still people on my twitter feed who talk about it sometimes, and people talk about wrestling quite a bit on another forum I follow. So yeah, I’ve reached the point where I’m not even mad anymore by WWE fucking up so horrendously. It’s what’s become expected from me, and I honestly just can’t even exert anymore energy trying to care or be at all invested anymore. It’s a lost cause, cause it’s been going on consistently like this for YEARS now, with no signs of change on the horizon, and nothing short of Vince McMahon stepping down, being removed from his position, or dying will change anything at this point.

I’m happy AEW came around, and that it appears to be seeing some early success. I’m not the biggest fan of the style of wrestling I’ve seen them put on in a lot of their matches, so i probably won’t be an avid follower or anything, but I do hope they succeed all the same and give the wrestling community a much needed alternative.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I didn’t watch it, but I heard about it, as well as about what they did to Kofi. I gave up and finally, FINALLY threw in the towel after the abhorrent way they completely fucked up the Becky/Ronda storyline heading into WM, though. The only reason I still know what’s going on at all is because there’s still people on my twitter feed who talk about it sometimes, and people talk about wrestling quite a bit on another forum I follow. So yeah, I’ve reached the point where I’m not even mad anymore by WWE fucking up so horrendously. It’s what’s become expected from me, and I honestly just can’t even exert anymore energy trying to care or be at all invested anymore. It’s a lost cause, cause it’s been going on consistently like this for YEARS now, with no signs of change on the horizon, and nothing short of Vince McMahon stepping down, being removed from his position, or dying will change anything at this point.

I’m happy AEW came around, and that it appears to be seeing some early success. I’m not the biggest fan of the style of wrestling I’ve seen them put on in a lot of their matches, so i probably won’t be an avid follower or anything, but I do hope they succeed all the same and give the wrestling community a much needed alternative.
    Which style is it you're not a fan of? I only ask because one of the strengths of AEW thus far IMO is the wide range of styles they have on their shows. Last week there were 5 different matches and they were all dramatically different.

There's also NWA Powerrr on YouTube, a super fun hour long show that really takes you back to the heyday of 80s studio wrestling. WWE is the worst it's ever been, but it's the best time to be a wrestling fan in 20 years. NJPW of course is King.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.