Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Anthology Discussion

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Right. CGI Teaser? I can't tell what that is at the end that everyone is cheering over.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-19/firs...film-rogue-one
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I can't tell what that is at the end that everyone is cheering over.
    "That's no moon..."

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    So considering they're dropping the "Episode" differentiation from the marketing for Abrams' and Johnson's 7th and 8th (and likely any forseeable) main installments, to not confuse with marketing as to which are the mothership stories, the title treatment for the spin-offs will be "Anthology", as in: STAR WARS ANTHOLOGY: ROGUE ONE

Though the logo treatment in the teaser sorta buries that key word under Rogue One like this:

Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

That looks stupid.

We may want to turn this thread into the Anthology thread.

But Josh Trank has left the Anthology film...

A sign of how bad Fant4stic is?

He did say this:

“After a year of having the incredible honor of developing with the wonderful and talented people at Lucasfilm, I’m making a personal decision to move forward on a different path. I’ve put a tremendous amount of thought into this, and I know deep down in my heart that I want to pursue some original creative opportunities. That said, the Star Wars universe has always been one of my biggest influences, and I couldn’t be more excited to witness its future alongside my millions of fellow Star Wars fans. I want to thank my friends Kathleen Kennedy, Kiri Hart, Simon Kinberg, and everyone at Lucasfilm and Disney for the amazing opportunity to have been a part of this. May the Force be with you all

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Very weird

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-firing-792933

While director Josh Trank said Friday that he had “made a personal decision” to leave the Star Wars universe, sources say reports of the young director’s unusual conduct during the making of Fox’s upcoming Fantastic Four movie had raised alarm among Lucasfilm executives that were entrusting him with the second Star Wars standalone film.

Trank, 30, had raised eyebrows in April when he didn’t appear as scheduled at a Star Wars celebration in Anaheim. At the time, both Disney and the director cited illness as the cause but multiple knowledgeable sources say the studio had asked the filmmaker not to attend while considering whether to proceed with him on the second spinoff in a planned series of films.

Indeed, producers on Fantastic Four, set for release July 30, are said to have faced great challenges pulling the film together given behavior described by one insider as “erratic” and at times “very isolated.” Trank did not offer clear direction, this person adds, saying, "If you've got someone who can't answer questions or who isn't sure or is in hiding, that's not good."

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    I mean, going by the stories I've come across over the past year about Fantastic Four's shoot ‒ often second-hand, but sometimes from people claiming to have been part of its crew, and obviously unsubstantiated because I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to publicly verifying them‒ I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner, or even further away from FF's release as to not deliberately hinder his image.

EDIT: Though apparently The Hollywood Reporter is now printing most of them, so go figure. Still leaves out some of the more prominent, potentially libel-risky shades of what might've fueled most of it.
    Last edited by Henry Gale; 05-02-2015 at 07:31 PM.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Well.... Can't say I'm very excited about an Origin story.

Star Wars’ 2nd Anthology Film Will Be Boba Fett’s Origin Story

I'm curious with the right director.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Didn't Attack of the Clones already cover that?

Didn't Attack of the Clones already cover that?
    It didn't show the years he spent in the League of Shadows, though.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Boba fett?! BOBA FETT?! Where? Smack. Whaaaaaaa!

burp!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

- - - - -
    You'd think, on some level, that the last word anyone in Star Wars production would want to say is "prequel."

I'm not adverse to Boba Fett but it's tough to get behind a character that was so throughly defined by better characters (Vader and Solo) and terribly underwritten at the same time.

Also, Fett is up there with Captain Kirk for dullest cinematic sci fi death of all time.

It will be tough to engage any prequel drama knowing how stupidly the character ends up.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    You'd think, on some level, that the last word anyone in Star Wars production would want to say is "prequel."
    And weirdly enough both Anthology films are prequels.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

I'm not adverse to Boba Fett but it's tough to get behind a character that was so throughly defined by better characters (Vader and Solo) and terribly underwritten at the same time.

Also, Fett is up there with Captain Kirk for dullest cinematic sci fi death of all time.

It will be tough to engage any prequel drama knowing how stupidly the character ends up.
    Well, maybe it IS a sequel?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I hear what you guys are saying, and I agree.

Then I think of the Clone Wars show and what they did with Boba. BRING IT ON.

[
    ]

I don't remember Fett at all...

[]

Get ready Wats.

Looking a few years even further down the road, Bird confirmed he’s had meetings with Disney and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy about eventually taking the reins of a future Star Wars film.

"I was particularly attracted to the idea of picking up [a film in the franchise], and J.J. [Abrams] got very excited about the notion of shaping the next trilogy, and that idea was interesting to me too. But I'm writing [the Incredibles sequel], and I can't think too much farther beyond that. I have other things I want to do as well."

http://collider.com/incredibles-2-is...ar-wars-movie/

Super rumor:

The 2nd Antology Film will be set BEFORE A New Hope and will feature the rivalry between Han Solo and Boba Fett.

http://schmoesknow.com/hot-rumor-loo...gy-film/38214/

and what events led Han Solo to become the cocky, wisecracking scoundrel he is?
    Solo is fully formed, the way he is. Preposterous to suggest he was once down to earth and stoic.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Nothing more bory
    Than an origin story

Ummmmm... WTF? Is anyone reading Star Wars? If not, prepare to have your mind blown.... this is cannon btw.

[]

Hahahah so awesome.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast