Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,151 to 1,168 of 1168

Thread: Star Wars Anthology Discussion

Is it okay to not like The Last Jedi, and also have a feeling this is going to suck?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Is it okay to not like The Last Jedi, and also have a feeling this is going to suck?
    Its okay to loathe every Star Wars movie ever made, just don't tell me any of them are the "worst movie ever made". Thats what triggers me.

There was literally nothing Abrams could have done for this movie to get a positive reception.

Nothing.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    There was literally nothing anyone could have done for this movie to get a positive reception.

Nothing.
    I said it when GoT was starting its last season, "its impossible to wrap this up in a way that will make anyone happy. At least 50% of the fans will be pissed."

There has also never been anything like this in cinema before, three trilogies...and people think it can be wrapped up with a bow? Certainly not the way Disney has handled this whole affair.

- - - - -
    I was reminded today that the script for "Skywalker" was co-written by the dude who wrote "Batman v Superman" and "Justice League."

So yeah.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I was reminded today that the script for "Skywalker" was co-written by the dude who wrote "Batman v Superman" and "Justice League."

So yeah.
    Time travel here we come!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I would love to make a case study on episodes 7, 8 and 9, and how their reception shows how utterly toxic fandom is.

It’s quite a sight to behold.

Fan culture is the fucking worst part of this business.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Just got back. It's watchable, I suspect the TLJ haters will be somewhat appeased, there were a few cool moments and I liked some of the performances, but overall... Safe memberberry-infested circle jerk.
    I have to say, there is something amusing about seeing some of the TLJ fanboys being upset that the latest movie doesn't follow through on Johnson's "vision" after spending the last two years criticizing TLJ haters for crying about Johnson not paying appropriate respect to Lucas' vision.

Swings and roundabouts. I supported Johnson's intent to try something different - he just sucked at the execution. The Force Awakens is a dull retread. I'm not looking forward to this last one, but it must be done.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Time travel here we come!
    I'm mostly looking forward to the Ewok death cult

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I would love to make a case study on episodes 7, 8 and 9, and how their reception shows how utterly toxic fandom is.
    While I appreciate the conceit, I believe the toxic part (all sides) of the fandom it would be pointed at would either never acknowledge the study or would dismiss it while calling you a fag.

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Ibut it must be done.
    Truer words have never been said.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I have to say, there is something amusing about seeing some of the TLJ fanboys being upset that the latest movie doesn't follow through on Johnson's "vision" after spending the last two years criticizing TLJ haters for crying about Johnson not paying appropriate respect to Lucas' vision.
    What does any of that have to do with me? I wasn't over the moon with TLJ but I respected the scorched earth approach, and I had little hope for the ninth movie ever since they hired Abrams back. I'm just sad that now I know he turned out the exact same movie we could expect from him, and that there's not even a smallest chance Star Wars will get out of the rut now. And my problems with the haters have nothing to do with what they think of "Lucas' vision".

Swings and roundabouts. I supported Johnson's intent to try something different - he just sucked at the execution. The Force Awakens is a dull retread. I'm not looking forward to this last one, but it must be done.
    This is The Force Awakens on steroids in every way possible.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I'm mostly looking forward to the Ewok death cult
    How did you know?!

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    What does any of that have to do with me? I wasn't over the moon with TLJ but I respected the scorched earth approach, and I had little hope for the ninth movie ever since they hired Abrams back. I'm just sad that now I know he turned out the exact same movie we could expect from him, and that there's not even a smallest chance Star Wars will get out of the rut now. And my problems with the haters have nothing to do with what they think of "Lucas' vision".
    Oh, I wasn’t referring to you - I didn’t know what your opinion of TLJ was. I was just using your reference to the Star Wars “civil war” over TLJ and how the roles have reversed. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Just read all the spoilers and...

Jeez...

Ugh...

How about a Taika Waitti Star Wars film?

https://deadline.com/2020/01/taika-w...ie-1202833244/

How about a Taika Waitti Star Wars film?

https://deadline.com/2020/01/taika-w...ie-1202833244/
    Busy guy. That wouldn't come out until probably 2023 if true.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

How about any Taika Waitti film?
    Sure, I'm in.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647