Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Godzilla and King Kong Stuff (Mike Dougherty, Adam Wingard)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Godzilla and King Kong Stuff (Mike Dougherty, Adam Wingard)

Not really surprising given the opening weekend, but sorta surprising since Edwards had come and say they did not write it with sequels in mind.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/godz...areth-edwards/
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    How is it this movie came out two days ago and I already feel so behind having not seen it yet?
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

How does Godzilla keep itself from starving? Between it and the two monsters, I think they only consumed metal.

Legit curiosity, as I haven't seen too many movies from this genre.

Meanwhile, I hope they don't do a MechaGodzilla as a way to fight Godzilla when it turns against everyone.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    How does Godzilla keep itself from starving? Between it and the two monsters, I think they only consumed metal.
    Great question.

[
    ]

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Legit curiosity, as I haven't seen too many movies from this genre.
    They've never really showed him eating in any of the movies. It's implied that he gains nourishment from absorbing radioactive energy, like Superman with solar energy.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    They've never really showed him eating in any of the movies. It's implied that he gains nourishment from absorbing radioactive energy, like Superman with solar energy.
    So how do you explain the "prey" comment.

Hunter/prey does not mean that the hunter will eat the prey.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    So how do you explain the "prey" comment.
    I didn't realize it needed explaining. Godzilla tracks them, hunts them, kills them, then fucks off back to the ocean. So they're his prey. Is the use of the word incorrect?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Not to be a nitpick, but in Godzilla 1985, he attacks a nuclear power plant, grabs the reactor and sits there sucking in the radioactivity, which kinda can be said is eating.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

The basic rule is he eats radioactive stuff and not other monsters. I've only seen the 1954 Godzilla and the 1999 Godzilla and in the 1999 Godzilla he (or she) ate fish.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Not to be a nitpick, but in Godzilla 1985, he attacks a nuclear power plant, grabs the reactor and sits there sucking in the radioactivity, which kinda can be said is eating.
    OH YEAH? Well, in the Emmerich movie he eats fish. So which is it, smart guy?
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)

Did you totally think of this movie when G-Man walks into the ocean surrounded by seagulls?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

RODAN

MOTHRA

GHIDORAH

yyyyyyyyyessssssss

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    RODAN

MOTHRA

GHIDORAH

yyyyyyyyyessssssss

Sad we'll have to wait, but really glad Edwards is coming back. I can't imagine anyone replicating his "eye" for the action.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    It's a solid five or six years away, no? Maybe even longer? What an agonizing wait.

I would be concerned about so many monsters, except that Edwards is coming back to steer the ship. I love it. I can't wait to watch Godzilla again.

From the Slash Film article on this latest update: "Thomas Tull would not confirm that the monsters will definitely appear in the sequel, but repeated that those are the Kaiju that Legendary are interested in exploring in a Godzilla sequel."

I found that part kind of amusing. This seems like Comic-Con hype mongering at its most meretricious: excitement is roused on the basis of a precipitate and tentative announcement, which seems to be teetering on the brink of meaninglessness. Godzilla 2: expect more cherished monsters; maybe some of these. The motivation behind this doesn't lie in concrete developments, but rather an interest in stoking an unchecked culture of anticipation. In a way, this has always been the case, but it's becoming increasingly compulsory, and the feting of the anticipatory masses can be risible (as in this case) or, when tentative vagueness gives way to overexposure, off-putting.

Some of the best Godzilla flicks have had four or more monsters. Think Destroy All Monsters.

Hell, the last film that had Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah duking it out (Godzilla Mothra King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack) is one of a very short list of greatest daikaiju flicks ever.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    It's a solid five or six years away, no? Maybe even longer? What an agonizing wait.
    Less than 4!

Hard to imagine he's going to pump out a Star Wars movie in between. That's a tight schedule.

We have to wait that long? Darn.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Hope you can see this.

Holy Shit

LEGENDARY AND WARNER BROS. PICTURES ANNOUNCE CINEMATIC FRANCHISE UNITING GODZILLA, KING KONG AND OTHER ICONIC GIANT MONSTERS

2017’s KONG: SKULL ISLAND, GODZILLA 2 in 2018 and then GODZILLA VS. KONG, arriving in theaters in 2020
    Warner Bros. and Legendary released Godzilla in May 2014 with an agreement to release Godzilla 2 on June 8, 2018. Both films feature the human Monarch organization. Shortly following Legendary’s pact with NBC Universal, Legendary acquired rights to additional classic characters from Toho’s Godzilla universe, including Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah. This paved the way for developing a franchise centered around Monarch and anchored by Godzilla, King Kong, and other famous creatures.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Now I'm allllllllll the way in.

Movie Theater Diary

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast