Thread: Romance Novel discussion thread

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Okay then, what the hell is a Spantasy?

To fantasize about Duncan in spandex?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Okay then, what the hell is a Spantasy?
    I rowed freshman year, so I walked around campus wearing spandex all the time. At one point our shell capsized and I got swept out to sea only to land on an island I dubbed Spantasy Island, mostly because I was so impressed by my own attire. I spent my days hunting squirrels and turning their skins into moccasin boots, and met a lovely maiden who enjoyed touching canvases, but had no paint. Turns out it was actually just Long Island, and that I had absorbed some toxins that caused hallucinations and abnormally fast hair growth. Also, the maiden was an HIV positive heroin addict who died a few weeks later. So it goes. My thrilling tale was captured in glorious detail by the venerated author Tami Oyler.
    Wishful thinking, perhaps; but that is just another possible definition of the featherless biped.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    To fantasize about Duncan in spandex?
    Hey, I swear I thought of spandex first.
    Wishful thinking, perhaps; but that is just another possible definition of the featherless biped.

Quote Quoting Duncan (view post)
    I rowed freshman year, so I walked around campus wearing spandex all the time. At one point our shell capsized and I got swept out to sea only to land on an island I dubbed Spantasy Island, mostly because I was so impressed by my own attire. I spent my days hunting squirrels and turning their skins into moccasin boots, and met a lovely maiden who enjoyed touching canvases, but had no paint. Turns out it was actually just Long Island, and that I had absorbed some toxins that caused hallucinations and abnormally fast hair growth. Also, the maiden was an HIV positive heroin addict who died a few weeks later. So it goes. My thrilling tale was captured in glorious detail by the venerated author Tami Oyler.
    Sounds plausible.

Quote Quoting Duncan (view post)
    Hey, I swear I thought of spandex first.

Great minds think alike!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

We should all get eye patches and post pictures of ourselves wearing them.

I would have taken it standing on the beach, wearing an open linen top, clutching the bosoms of some breathy beauty, but I was fresh out of all three.

Awesome!

I forgot about this....

Must get an eye-patch!

Great pic, but please tell me you don't own all of those dvds personally. I'm kinda scared about how you can afford them.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Great pic, but please tell me you don't own all of those dvds personally. I'm kinda scared about how you can afford them.
    Uh, yeah... I kind of do own them--that's a little less than half of my collection you can see behind me. And, yeah, I got myself into all kinds of crazy debt over them and worked 60, 70 hours a week for about a year and sold my car to get away from that debt. Ell oh ell.

But I know meg and iosos both have more than me!

I am deeply, deeply offended that a thread this awesome took place without me.
    ...and the milk's in me.

You should've been posting more 1.5 years ago.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    I remember this being a very fun way to spend my work day. I still owe you all a pic of me with an eye patch. This thread has gone from being funny, to filling me with shame.

Fun ways to spend your work day often leave one filled with shame.

Even though it's been a year and a half, I keep hoping someone else will join me in the eyepatch picture posting.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    You should've been posting more 1.5 years ago.
    So, you're saying that it's my fault that you're impatient? Think it through carefully.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Mara, you have no idea the number of my faults I've taken to blaming on you.

By the way, I read romance novels in high school, secretly. Many, many romance novels. Ha! Good times.
    ...and the milk's in me.

It just occurred to me that, when this thread took place, I didn't know much of anything about Twilight at all.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    It just occurred to me that, when this thread took place, I didn't know much of anything about Twilight at all.
    Twilight is not a romance. It is a young adult fantasy novel. Let's be clear here.
    ...and the milk's in me.

According to my friend who worked at Borders, the Twilight series was the gateway drug that led every young and middle-aged woman in Utah county to romance novels.

It's because it got them all revved up and then didn't deliver on sex. (Until the fourth book, and it was pretty discreet.) The womenfolk got all titillated. That's why we shouldn't be taught to read. It sullies us.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    *Understood*
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

That most the image links in this thread no longer work is a tragedy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234