View Poll Results: I, Frankenstein

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

3 50.00%
  • Nay

3 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I, Frankenstein (Stuart Beattie)

I, Frankenstein (Stuart Beattie)

I, FRANKENSTEIN

Director: Stuart Beattie

imdb

I'll give this a mixed yay, but I'm easy on this type. Its fun, its Underworld, its Van Helsing, its Ghost Rider 2...it's harmless and brainless. Sometimes its fun to just coast though.

- - - - -
    I admire the bravery it took to see this in the theaters. Oof.

No bravery involved. I knew exactly what I was getting into, and this movie delivered on that front, that being essentially exactly as Skitch described.

I am eagerly waiting wigwam's review.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    No bravery involved. I knew exactly what I was getting into, and this movie delivered on that front, that being essentially exactly as Skitch described.
    Yep! This turned out exactly as I expected. And I'm just fine with that. I'll add to that list...Hansel and Gretal: Witch Hunters.

- - - - -
    Did you guys see this in 2D, 3D, or IMAX? Trying to gauge your level of commitment here.

Hansel & Gretel has some fun moments (mostly at the beginning) but that's another ... Oof!

Btw, Skitch, if you liked that the guy who directed it is doing a 3D, live-action version of Ghost in the Shell.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Did you guys see this in 2D, 3D, or IMAX? Trying to gauge your level of commitment here.
    I'm about to become a father again on Wednesday, so this was a last hurrah of guy fun at a Cinemark XD 3D full blast of cinema effect. I'm okay with that too. The 3D was passable, but far from essential. Again, harmless.

Btw, Skitch, if you liked that the guy who directed it is doing a 3D, live-action version of Ghost in the Shell.
    I saw that news. I remain...ambivalent to it as the live action Akira. I'll see it, but I don't follow the train of thought that remakes, new takes, prequels, or other have the ability to "rape my childhood". Nothing they can do can remove my love of the originals. Who knows, maybe it'll be great! I certainly have my doubts, but if it sucks, I'll just go on loving the originals and ignore it. No sweat off my brow.

I watched it in 2D. 3D far exceeds my level of commitment for any movie anymore. :P

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I'm about to become a father again on Wednesday, so this was a last hurrah of guy fun at a Cinemark XD 3D full blast of cinema effect. I'm okay with that too. The 3D was passable, but far from essential. Again, harmless.
    Wow! Congrats! A big noisy 3D movie sounds like a good way to celebrate.

I saw that news. I remain...ambivalent to it as the live action Akira. I'll see it, but I don't follow the train of thought that remakes, new takes, prequels, or other have the ability to "rape my childhood". Nothing they can do can remove my love of the originals. Who knows, maybe it'll be great! I certainly have my doubts, but if it sucks, I'll just go on loving the originals and ignore it. No sweat off my brow.
    A good way to go. There's probably elements from the original that could make an interesting live action picture, but yeah. The originals are always there so in the long run, no harm, no foul.

Best Boy
    :|

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Wow! Congrats! A big noisy 3D movie sounds like a good way to celebrate.
    Thanks!
    A good way to go. There's probably elements from the original that could make an interesting live action picture, but yeah. The originals are always there so in the long run, no harm, no foul.
    Don't get me wrong, my instant reaction was a big ass Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!, but it passed quickly as it always does. Even if its a trainwreck in a tunnel...I'd rather have them try and fail than not at all, because theres a CHANCE of success, no matter how small. I'll take it.

Quote Quoting wigwam (view post)
    The fights are dynamic and make sense to the narrative which has clear stakes set up via organic exposition and I appreciate anytime one of these nitwit comic book/videogame/superhero movies just goes en media res instead of the trite as fuck origin story paint-by-numbers beats.
    Whether you guys love or hate this movie, wig is so damn spot on here.

- - - - -
    Don't get me wrong, my instant reaction was a big ass Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!, but it passed quickly as it always does.
    :lol: Similar to my "WTF?!" reaction.

Even if its a trainwreck in a tunnel...I'd rather have them try and fail than not at all, because theres a CHANCE of success, no matter how small. I'll take it.
    There isn't any market for it, and they'd never do it, but I'd almost rather have them remaster & re-release the original on 3,000 screens than do any kind of remake.

Imagine being 13 and seeing that movie on the big screen for the first time.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I'll give this a mixed yay, but I'm easy on this type. Its fun, its Underworld, its Van Helsing, its Ghost Rider 2...it's harmless and brainless. Sometimes its fun to just coast though.
    1. Underworld: Bad
    2. Van Helsing: Very bad
    3. Ghost Rider 2: Batshit Fun

So which is it??
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    1. Underworld: Bad
    2. Van Helsing: Very bad
    3. Ghost Rider 2: Batshit Fun

So which is it??
    Yes.

Yes.
    I concur!

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Underworld & Van Helsing are Casablanca compared to Ghost Rider 2.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Alone again, naturally eternity's Avatar
    Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Underworld & Van Helsing are Casablanca compared to Ghost Rider 2.
    Ghost Rider 2 is Casablanca compared to Underworld and Van Helsing.

Casablanca's not all that great.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Fuck that. Easily top 10 films ever made.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Fuck that. Easily top 10 films ever made.
    I, Frankenstein?

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I, Frankenstein?
    He's talking about Ghost Rider 2.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

:lol:

Seriously, though, Casablanca is one of an absolutely minuscule number of films that deserve all of the legendary love and praise they've received over the years.

Top notch stuff.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Movie Theater Diary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast