Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sherlock (Season 3)

Sherlock (Season 3)

...and the milk's in me.

[
    ]

That restaurant scene... :lol:

Before the spoilers start flying, how did you guys get a hold of this? I assumed I had to wait until Jan 19th for the PBS airing.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Before the spoilers start flying, how did you guys get a hold of this? I assumed I had to wait until Jan 19th for the PBS airing.
    I haven't found it yet, but I'll pm you when I do.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I usually just watch BBC shows through the official iPlayer using a proxy that makes it think I'm in the UK. Here, it's already up:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._Empty_Hearse/

I watched the livestream, though.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It's up on the usual clandestine places now...

OOOh, this was fun.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Yes, lots of fun.

I really want to make the near kiss either my avatar or my Facebook cover photo but I don't want to spoil it for people.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Loved this. Such a fun way to bring them back together. I was a bit worried the show would become hyper-serious in the wake of the last finale. Soooo glad they decided to keep things fun.

Mostly awesome, but I think I've reached my limit on the "Watson isn't gay" thing, and the conversation between Sherlock and Mycroft about normal people being boring didn't reach much beyond what they've talked about before a few times. I like the little extra shading for Mycroft, though. Fun and funny overall though. Looking forward to the next two. The survival scenarios got me every time. I was so ready to rant and froth at the silliness, especially the one where they throw a body on the ground (from the street level) for little apparent reason, only to replace it almost immediately with "another."
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

I liked that Mycroft and Sherlock both thought Sherlock was dim until they met other people.

And everything-- EVERYTHING-- with their parents was hysterical. My favorite was Mycroft calling and crying to Sherlock about them while we can hear them watching Les Miserables in the background.
    ...and the milk's in me.

GUYS. GUYS.

Those are Benedict Cumberbatch's real parents. And you absolutely must read this interview where the interviewer meets them: THEY ARE A HOOT.

http://cumberbatchweb.tumblr.com/pos...about-benedict
    ...and the milk's in me.

God, that bachelor party scene.

Wow. Knockout episode. Moving, hilarious, plus a locked room mystery? Perfect.

That best man speech... "Did I do it wrong?"

Just watching now. Sheesh that speech practically got me crying.

Hrm personally I found it very fan service-y and a lot of these mysteries don't hold up to much scrutiny. Sherlock's deductions are so often just arbitrary leaps of faith. Here he randomly picked the two mysteries to speak of in his speech which would help him solve the case. I also thought the would be murderer was telegraphed too explicitly.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

I've always felt that way about Doyle's stories, though one thing that the show is now using as a crutch is Sherlock's instant reads. They don't even bother explaining how he comes to those conclusions anymore, so they're just writing him as if he's literally psychic. In the stories, Sherlock's always loved explaining his deductions to be cocky, and half the time they're huge leaps, but they're fun to read and go "ahhh" with. I miss all that stuff he used to do in the first season, which is why the hat scene between him and Mycroft was much appreciated.
    Movie Theater Diary

I think it's good that they should cut down on the stuff that shows how he comes to his conclusions. We should get it, by now. Those moments became kind of tedious during the first 2 seasons, with the flashy editing, text on screen, fast-slomo super-closeup stuff. I get it - he's hype aware of things, and I accept that fact of the character, and I don't need to be shown that stuff. Should leave more time for more interesting things.

I think this was the lightest-hearted episode yet. Sherlock's drunk read of the room was hysterical.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    I think it's good that they should cut down on the stuff that shows how he comes to his conclusions. We should get it, by now. Those moments became kind of tedious during the first 2 seasons, with the flashy editing, text on screen, fast-slomo super-closeup stuff. I get it - he's hype aware of things, and I accept that fact of the character, and I don't need to be shown that stuff.
    To some extent I agree, but that's also why the drunk scene was so wonderful.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    I think it's good that they should cut down on the stuff that shows how he comes to his conclusions. We should get it, by now. Those moments became kind of tedious during the first 2 seasons, with the flashy editing, text on screen, fast-slomo super-closeup stuff. I get it - he's hype aware of things, and I accept that fact of the character, and I don't need to be shown that stuff. Should leave more time for more interesting things.
    You don't even have a detective story at that point though. The more interesting things it's making room for are just him going to his mind palace and looking constipated as he forces himself to think his way out of any possible situation with tenuous information.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Just watching now. Sheesh that speech practically got me crying.
    Practically? We were in tears for various reasons all the way through. Such a great episode.

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    You don't even have a detective story at that point though. The more interesting things it's making room for are just him going to his mind palace and looking constipated as he forces himself to think his way out of any possible situation with tenuous information.
    I've always found that the mysteries are the least important parts about detective stories, and the detective stories I like the best are the ones in which the mystery is just a catalyst for good character interaction.

I think John and Mary should move into the basement flat at Baker Street. You know... where they found the shoe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast