Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 100 Greatest Opening Credits - An Interactive List

44. Final Cut: Ladies and Gentlemen (begin and end credits)

OMG, has anyone seen this yet?

Sadly, no credits clips on YouTube. Geek-tasm alert: this film is pure cineaste gold.

Basically, the director of Hukkle (György Pálfi), crafts a collage-ical love story from 15-seconds-or-less snippets from close to 500 classic films, featuring hundreds of actors in the role of two characters.

Amazing film. Amazing credits.

"We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

Quote Quoting Russ (view post)
    44. Final Cut: Ladies and Gentlemen (begin and end credits)

OMG, has anyone seen this yet?

Sadly, no credits clips on YouTube. Geek-tasm alert: this film is pure cineaste gold.

Basically, the director of Hukkle (György Pálfi), crafts a collage-ical love story from 15-seconds-or-less snippets from close to 500 classic films, featuring hundreds of actors in the role of two characters.

Amazing film. Amazing credits.
    This played several times at one of the more cult-friendly theaters in LA, but I never made it out. I saw the trailer, which in itself was pretty incredible. Because of the rights, they've said it'll never see the light of day, so I'll be sure to make the effort if/when they have another screening.

Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    This played several times at one of the more cult-friendly theaters in LA, but I never made it out. I saw the trailer, which in itself was pretty incredible. Because of the rights, they've said it'll never see the light of day, so I'll be sure to make the effort if/when they have another screening.
    Derek, prepare to be stunned. Get this torrent and just try to wipe the grin off your face. Calling Spinal, Watashi, et al; this is literally a wet dream for hardcore cinephiles, especially those who love to play "spot the reference". This film is a master-class in editing, a clinic in marrying sight and sound.

Here's a small taste of the opening credits:

I love this pull-quote from one of the IMDb critics' reviews:

If there is a film buff who exits a screening of Final Cut - Ladies and Gentlemen without their cheeks aching from the 90-minute ear-to-ear grin that Gyorgy Palfi’s stunning montage film inspires, they need to hand in their union card. It is inconceivable that a lover of all things cinematic will not find this extraordinary work just about the most fun they’ll have in a theatre over the duration of their love affair with movies.
    "We eventually managed to find them near Biskupin, where demonstrations of prehistoric farming are organized. These oxen couldn't be transported to anywhere else, so we had to built the entire studio around them. A scene that lasted twenty-something seconds took us a year and a half to prepare."

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    A more conventional choice, but whatevs:

45. Terminator 2: Judgement Day

I now recognize The Terminator as the obvious (to me) masterpiece in Cameron's ouevre, but its sequel and sequences like this did more to foster my sensibilities at an impressionable age than I can articulate. Thank you Aunt Denise (who I haven't seen in ten years because of the ravages of cancer) for inappropriately introducing me to films like this as early as the age of seven, taking a vital role in sculpting me into the person I am today, for better and for worse.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

This is a twofer. My favorite understated credits.

46. The Conversation

47. All the President's Men

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123