Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Orders Four Marvel Live-Action Series (plus one miniseries)

Luke Cage in September

Iron Fist S1 and The Defenders in 2017

Daredevil S3, Jessica Jones S2, and Punisher S1 in 2018
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Netflix continues to be worth every penny and is by far the best "channel" that exists today.

Just like the Marvel movies (3 a year starting next year) we will be getting 3 series a year starting in 2018. So good.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hahahah, what. Every episode of Luke Cage is apparently titled after a Gang Starr song. That's hilarious.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I dont get it.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    "2 Deep" for Season 2 premiere title.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Neat:

"One thing that I thought was really cool is that in the second season [of ‘Daredevil’], we had a scene together and in the storyline we hadn’t seen each other for a long time and it takes place at the hospital,” said Cox. “Roasario had — Claire Temple has a cut in her eyebrow. So I was like, ‘What is that?’ Apparently it had nothing to do with our world but it’s part of ‘Luke Cage.’ The timeline had been thought through and worked out so that whatever’s going on in ‘Luke Cage,’ which we don’t know, I don’t know, somehow at some point during that show, the next day she’s in the hospital talking to me.”
    Movie Theater Diary

Can't wait.

- - - - -
    Why 'Luke Cage' creator made his superhero costume a hoodie (audio)

http://www.scpr.org/programs/the-fra...ero-costume-a/

Iron Fist date announced as March 17.

Punisher is apparently already filming and being moved up to 2017 (I'm skeptical of this).

I wonder if Defenders is gonna be pushed back at all.
    Movie Theater Diary

YES!

Billy Russo/Jigsaw confirmed for Punisher series!

They're making him Frank's longtime best friend for some reason.

Ben Barnes (“The Chronicles of Narnia“) joins the cast as Billy Russo, Frank’s Castle’s best friend from his days in the Special Forces. He runs a successful private military corporation called “Anvil.”’

Ebon Moss-Bachrach (“Girls”) will play Micro, a former NSA analyst whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.

And Amber Rose Revah (“Indian Summers,” “Son of God”) joins as Dinah Madani, a highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    They're making him Frank's longtime best friend for some reason.
    To have a Season 2 villain.

You can have him be a friendly character in Season 1 and turn him into a villain in Season 2 without giving them a shared past prior to the show. It's a weird impulse that screenwriters tend to do to shortcut pathos, and I'm especially wary of it after Luke Cage [
    ].
    Movie Theater Diary

All 13 episodes of Season 2 of Jessica Jones will be directed by female directors.

Will be only the second show to ever do that, after Queen Sugar.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    All 13 episodes of Season 2 of Jessica Jones will be directed by female directors.

Will be only the second show to ever do that, after Queen Sugar.
    How many directors?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Finished Luke Cage. This was my favorite of the Marvel show so far. Hard for me to even articulate why, but I felt more passionate about every single character. It all felt more...adult? I don't know, but wow, what a cliffhanger of a season ender. Cannot wait for more.

Spoiler for the Defenders but this is a badass shot for Luke Cage Season 2

[]

Very excite.

Movie Theater Diary

Yes me too!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Iron Fist aside, this concept worked out pretty well.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

- - - - -
    I watch these things and wonder if they honestly don't know or are squeezing a 4 minute video out of a tweet-sized criticism

Man, those are some tame scars on Jigsaw's face. I wonder why they piss him off so much, they look like a fancy tattoo.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast