Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Orders Four Marvel Live-Action Series (plus one miniseries)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    It was rumored a few weeks ago and it's coming back.

Punisher spin-off reportedly in the works.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/16/the-pun...-jon-bernthal/
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I think I'd rather have a combined Heroes for Hire show than solo Cage and Iron Fist ones. The last option seems a bit like show overkill.

Regardless, if any of those is as good as Jessica Jones, please bring them on.

Cage and Iron Fist are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I think I'd rather have a combined Heroes for Hire show than solo Cage and Iron Fist ones. The last option seems a bit like show overkill.
    Interesting, because if we're going off source material alone, Cage is the one that seems overkill to get his own series. But they've done a good job talking about how a Cage series would be very relevant right now (apparently the first season will focus on police brutality and the prison industrial complex against black Americans), so I'd want that to exist, and I'd want Iron Fist to be as cool as the Brubaker/Fraction series.

I'm not sure either of those directions is sustainable past one season, though, so I think my ideal outcome is for them to get a solo season each, and then combine for the second season on.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Cage is the one that seems overkill to get his own series.
    Yeah, I suspected this. I only read one Luke Cage miniseries and it was a bit rubbish. Then there's the comic where he collects a debt from Dr. Doom...

Iron Fist at least has the Brubacker/Fraction thing I haven't read.

September 30th Luke Cage.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It was rumored a few weeks ago and it's coming back.

Punisher spin-off reportedly in the works.

http://tvline.com/2016/01/16/the-pun...-jon-bernthal/

Well it's finally official.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/29...marvel-netflix

Welp. Hope they prove me wrong.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

About what?

About this bit I wrote in the Daredevil thread:

I think one of the reasons why previous Punisher films have failed creatively has to do with the basic problem with Frank Castle, which is that if he's so stoic and competent and pragmatic, he's a pretty boring character to spend a lot of time around. You end up just watching a guy going about doing his day-to-day job, basically. It's one of the reasons why so many Punisher comics just feel disposable. One reason why Garth Ennis is considered such a phenomenal Punisher writer, though, is that he figured out a great formula, which is to make someone else the main character. Half of the Punisher comics he wrote would have a brand new protagonist in every arc, either directly going after Castle or making a Faustian pact with him. Greg Rucka's recent run, which was also great, did the exact same thing, making the story revolve around three original main characters and having Punisher just move in and out of their lives like mother nature. This show's smart enough to pair him up with Karen Page in that manner, and it works great. But I honestly have low expectations if they're planning a spin-off series that centers on him.
    Movie Theater Diary

People forget that a lot when talking about Punisher comics. Born gets praised constantly as a great Frank Castle story (and referenced in the trial in DD S2), but if you read that graphic novel, he's not even the main character. The main character is just some grunt kid under his command, which I believe is what made it work.
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh gotcha. Well who's to say they dont have him team up with someone in the series?

- - - - -
    Eh. Anybody with any storytelling sense knows Castle is a better foil than hero (in that way, he's not dissimilar to Catwoman or Lois Lane). Spin them off into their own title and suddenly, they're boring.

They may not pair Castle up for the show. The crowd that digs Punisher in DDS2 digs the boom boom and the blood spray. They'll love it if Castle isn't anything more than a bargain basement John Wick in every single episode.

Movie Theater Diary

hey boo
    ...and the milk's in me.

Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker at the Luke Cage SDCC panel:

"The world is ready for a bulletproof black man."
    Movie Theater Diary

...and the milk's in me.

Aww yeah Heroes for Hire.

LUKE CAGE

IRON FIST

Movie Theater Diary

And then there's this.

"Hey Scott Glenn can you just record a line real quick?"
    Movie Theater Diary

Hell yes.

The use of ODB and Nirvana were so great for those trailers.

Step it up, Iron Fist.
    Movie Theater Diary

Movie Theater Diary

So excited for Luke Cage.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    So excited for Luke Cage.
    trailer got me super hyped

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast