Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Orders Four Marvel Live-Action Series (plus one miniseries)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    - - - - -

Netflix Orders Four Marvel Live-Action Series (plus one miniseries)

Netflix Orders Four Marvel Live-Action Series

Netflix and Disney announced a multiyear deal under which Marvel Television will develop four original live-action series based on four of Marvel’s popular street-hero characters, set to bow in 2015.

Financial terms were not disclosed. Under the agreement, Marvel will develop four serialized programs leading to a miniseries programming event, unfolding over several years. The four series, set in the underworld of Hell’s Kitchen in New York, are to include “Daredevil,” followed by “Jessica Jones,” “Iron Fist” and “Luke Cage.”
    http://variety.com/2013/digital/news...es-1200804887/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...230981101.html

Whoa.

[
    ]

I just read this and it blew my mind. That is a smart-ass move. These street-level characters definitely work better as a series.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

If this is successful, it's going to kinda suck for Agents of SHIELD. People initially tuned into that to see if they would incorporate these street level heroes and villains that are too obscure for theaters, but now it's going to be way more likely that they show up on these actual superhero shows.

I'd hate to be the guy at Marvel in charge of managing which show gets to use which character.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Those are like... my four favorite Marvel Characters, with the possible exception of Cap.

It'll be nice to see what they can do without any network mandates. Definitely more excited about this than Shield.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    If this is successful, it's going to kinda suck for Agents of SHIELD.
    ABC has a much bigger potential reach than Netflix.

I'd hate to be the guy at Marvel in charge of managing which show gets to use which character.
    Why? It's all Marvel. I assume there will be plenty of cross overs, depending on how they stagger the episodes/series. And all the Netflix shows are potential lead-ins for SHIELD.

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    It'll be nice to see what they can do without any network mandates. Definitely more excited about this than Shield.
    ABC is owned by Disney. Disney owns Marvel.

It's not the network holding SHIELD back. It's Disney.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Trailer for a Trailer

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hmm. Kinda underwhelming. I'm still in, of course.

Looks exactly like what a cross between a Netflix drama and a Marvel show would look like. I dig it pretty hard.

Time for me to reread Miller's Man Without Fear.
    Movie Theater Diary

Carrie-Anne Moss joins A.K.A. Jessica Jones as well.

Weird. Rachael Taylor is playing Hellcat/Patricia Walker, but her nickname on the show will be Trish instead of Patsy. That seems like an arbitrary change.
    Movie Theater Diary

Well that's... interesting. I wonder if Brian Patrick Wade will show up as a younger version of himself.
    Movie Theater Diary

Kingpin:

Matt & Night Nurse:

Matt & Karen:

Matt & Foggy:

DD in action:

Movie Theater Diary

Will this thing come out already?

BTW, anyone else marathoning House of Cards tomorrow?

Movie Theater Diary

You dig? Cause I dig.
    Movie Theater Diary

I've made a lot of jokes about how Hell's Kitchen is so gentrified that Daredevil is basically the protector of an upscale neighborhood, but I just found out that on the show, the MCU version of Hell's Kitchen is a ghetto because it got destroyed by the Chitauri invasion and is still struggling to rebuild. That's hilarious to me, but also a genius way to capitalize on the shared universe. Major props.
    Movie Theater Diary

That is genius.

Cool promo.

Note the reflection.
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm more interested in the Avengers tower.

Yes I'll watching. Looks sweet.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Movie Theater Diary

Apparently the success of Daredevil will determine whether or not we get a hard R rated Punisher TV series, based directly on the Garth Ennis stuff.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Apparently the success of Daredevil will determine whether or not we get a hard R rated Punisher TV series, based directly on the Garth Ennis stuff.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast