Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 1)

Yeah, this was good times. I was genuinely rooting for Skye for the first time.
    ...and the milk's in me.

That was good as hell. This show is on a roll.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    That was good as hell. This show is on a roll.
    Agreed. Took its sweet time but has found some sure footing.
    ...and the milk's in me.

It's totally been on fire, and above anything else, it's just damn fun to watch.

Looks like ABC renewed it for a second season and ordered the Haley Atwell Peggy Carter series, which makes a ton of sense for them and should expand the Marvel universe nicely.

It Makes Me Feel Alone Sxottlan's Avatar
    Solid finale. Wraps up the season long stories well and a pair of background mysteries look to perhaps come to the fore next season.

Perhaps the biggest emotional wallop of the whole season was this:

[
    ]

The look on Coulson's face was fantastic. It has sort of always been there, but tonight it was spoken aloud: [
    ]

And the resolution of the Garrett arc is probably the funniest thing the show has ever done. Even the music was in on the joke.

I hope the structure of next season is better. It's like they were treading water waiting for The Winter Soldier to open and then the show really got going. That was a long time to wait. Production values remain the show's biggest handicap. Compared to other shows you see on TV, even network television, the show just looks chintzy. I would love to see more money poured into this show. More location shooting too. California stood in for way too many different places.
    Out of 4 stars:
    The Guest: ***1/2
    Furious 7: ***
    The Tale of Princess Kaguya: ***
    It Follows: ***1/2

Good finale, but pretty safe. Annoyed that they're going to keep teasing out the Tahiti thing for another season, but that last Garrett scene was just too good and the kind of going the Marvel universe does really well. Hopefully next season will tie into the movie world in a more cohesive way from the start, and I have to say I enjoy these characters enough that I'd like to see them pop up in something like Avengers 2.

Here's a pretty interesting exit interview. They talk about being told that SHIELD must disappear in the middle of the season and what they were allowed to do, and planning Ward's turn from the very beginning with Joss.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwiesel...that-tumultuou
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

This was awesome. Please, show, keep this up next season.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Now that the shackles are off, I have much higher hopes for the second season.

Nah, it's still terrible.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Agents of SHIELD, now with Qrazy endorsement!

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Nah, it's still terrible.
    I didn't have the heart to say it. :lol:

It's better than it was, but it still has all the same problems as before. All they've done is accelerate the plot.

I enjoyed the backstory with Ward, but by fleshing out his character so much in three back to back episodes they highlight the fact that the rest of the cast is woefully underwritten.

One of the things I enjoy about the Marvel movies is the easy cross references. The world of each film, from whatever hero's POV, feels roomy and just little bit complex.

SHIELD feels like the entire world is made up of eight people, and six of them are "good guys."

The morality of the show and the general narrative is still absurd. Oh because this dude's kid was going to be killed and they had a bomb in his brain that justifies his acquiescence to criminality. Please. Did Garrett report to anyone? It seemed like he was in charge. How can Hydra be a means to an end if he's running it? Shouldn't there be a group of individuals in charge thus the whole cut off the head bullshit? What is Hydra's end goal? Why does no one in the FBI/NSA/etc seem to give a shit when Shield was crippled by hydra? Who were all those men Ward killed when they infiltrated the Shield facility? Members of Hydra that he killed to remain undercover or genuine shield agents? If the latter why did no one care he killed them? If the former does it really make any sense for him to have killed them and then immediately after rescue his boy Garett? Etc and so forth, I could go on for days. It's so poorly plotted it makes me want to punch the screen.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    It's so poorly plotted it makes me want to punch the screen.
    My suspicion is that they're adopting a Sleepy Hollow strategy -- if you move it along fast enough, few will notice and no one will care how shabby the plot actually is.

(My favorite bit was when Deathlock gave Ward a heart attack to force Skye to act. In the previous scene, Ward guns down LA cops in broad daylight ... And yet, Skye doesn't hesitate to save him, nor does she regret doing so later.)

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    My suspicion is that they're adopting a Sleepy Hollow strategy -- if you move it along fast enough, few will notice and no one will care how shabby the plot actually is.

(My favorite bit was when Deathlock gave Ward a heart attack to force Skye to act. In the previous scene, Ward guns down LA cops in broad daylight ... And yet, Skye doesn't hesitate to save him, nor does she regret doing so later.)
    Seriously. Ugh. That's why the fact that they 'planned' Ward's turn almost makes it that much worse. If this is their version of foreshadowing I don't want to see what an unplanned plot twist would look like. Also, Ward's reaction to Garrett almost killing him is so utterly lacking.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Lucy Lawless in season 2. I love her.

http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shie...-lawless-xena/
    ...and the milk's in me.

Oh man. I'm not sure if this is going to be a spoiler or not, but they cast Skye's arms-a-bloody father:

[
    ]!
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Episodes 18 and 19 are pretty solid. Love the tie-ins.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh shit at the [
    ]in episode 22.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456