Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Season 1)

Yeah, I gave up. I'm not even intrigued anymore.

I'm wondering about expectations here. This is exactly what I expected it to be in every way.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    The latest one also looked less cheap than the previous ones.
    The whole Belarus segment was ridiculous as expected. The gibberish Russian signs were priceless.
    I get why they're going for less known and used locations, but come on.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    I'm wondering about expectations here. This is exactly what I expected it to be in every way.
    Not sure it matters? Whether I expected it to be mediocre or not, it is still mediocre.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    It felt more like Chuck to me.
    Good call. Chuck was a pretty good show in its first few seasons, before it went really broad.

Here's hoping Adam Baldwin shows up on SHIELD. Anything to inject a little life into it.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Not sure it matters? Whether I expected it to be mediocre or not, it is still mediocre.
    I'm saying - what CAN it be? As much as it's freed by spinning off a successful franchise/film, it's even more hampered by it.

It's only improving by small increments, but it's still early. The scene alluding to the NSA stuff felt really half baked.

You know what, I'm just going to come out and say it. This show is crap. I've tried giving it the benefit of the doubt but there's just nothing to it.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    You know what, I'm just going to come out and say it. This show is crap. I've tried giving it the benefit of the doubt but there's just nothing to it.
    Agreed. Last night's was the worst of the bunch. No humor, few good lines, and a plot that felt largely recycled from the premiere. (Unsurprisingly, the ratings are trending down).

Also, might be weird for thinking this but: Has anyone else noticed every villain on this show has been played with a minority actor, while the cast is largely white?

Yeah, really bad episode. If these Centipede guys are gonna be the Big Bad, then boy we've got a problem here. So disappointing after last week's.

Just watching now. Agent Kwan at the beginning is the guy who was trying to "enjoy himself" in Dollhouse but then was eating his own legs.

I actually see this guy in stuff all the time, but to me he will always be guy-who-eats-his-own-legs.
    ...and the milk's in me.

The Attic was a great episode.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ward always has his t-shirt partially tucked into his belted jeans. Just... partially. I don't know what that means.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Yeah, this was a mediocre episode. I thought the "giving a name" joke was passably funny.

Not giving up on the show, though.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Ward always has his t-shirt partially tucked into his belted jeans. Just... partially. I don't know what that means.

Like, cool enough to wear jeans; stodgy enough to wear a belt. Mr. Relaxed Guy with a t-shirt, but I'll tuck it in a little bit, because I'm not a SAVAGE. But I won't tuck it in all the way, because I'm still Mr. Relaxed Guy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I DID NOT KNOW THAT THIS THING WAS A THING.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I... I sometimes do it.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I... I sometimes do it.
    Come on; you're better than that. Pick a level of tucked-in-ed-ness and commit to it.
    ...and the milk's in me.

But then I won't give the impression that I'm sharp enough to tuck it in but laid back enough to not care when part of it slips out from partying.
    Movie Theater Diary

During the summer, I still sport the 3/4-unbuttoned button up, California cholo style.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    But then I won't give the impression that I'm sharp enough to tuck it in but laid back enough to not care when part of it slips out from partying.
    I started this page from the bottom up, saw this post, forgot what thread I had clicked, and really thought you were talking about something else...

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I started this page from the bottom up, saw this post, forgot what thread I had clicked, and really thought you were talking about something else...
    Well, you're welcome anyway.
    Movie Theater Diary

Sepinwall nails it:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...m=awe.sm_t3oJU

"Y" infuriates me. This show is obviously goddamn expensive, but it rarely looks it. It just seems like they're wasting their budget on exotic locales and spiffy CGI, when that kind of money could have been put to a lot more use.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast