Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gotham

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Apparently the show features "'40s architecture, '70s fashion, '90s phones and computers." That's kind of interesting.
    Well, that does sound interesting, but to be fair, the Animated Series had a similar idea, minus the '70s fashion.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Netflix Reaches Global Licensing Pact With Warner Bros. for 'Gotham'

I'm wondering if anything in the deal also includes Batman TAS, which is currently only streaming on Amazon.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    It's a big gamble by Netflix. I don't really understand paying as much as they are for a show that hasn't aired. They don't get to air the season until the usual timeframe, about a month before the second season hits the air. Seems a silly allocation of money that could be used for much better ventures, including more of their own programming.

They struck the exact same deal for Arrow. They're probably trying to build a good partnership with WB. I can see them doing the same for Flash and Constantine.

Just imagine Netflix making the Marvel shows themselves while having exclusive streams of DC shows.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Interesting strategy, but television is such a huge departure from film in terms of predicting success. Just because DC is behind it doesn't mean it will pull ratings throughout an entire season. Still seems like a major gamble, especially if the rumored cost of $2 million per episode is true.

Awful.

Awful.
    Thank you. I was hoping this would be your reaction, if only because I didn't want to add another show to my viewing schedule. It's been getting enough praise (though sometimes faint) that I was considering it, even though it didn't look good at all.

Awful.
    Will there be an art boiled write up?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Thank you. I was hoping this would be your reaction, if only because I didn't want to add another show to my viewing schedule. It's been getting enough praise (though sometimes faint) that I was considering it, even though it didn't look good at all.
    I dunno, SHIELD and Arrow were pretty terrible at first and now I dig them a lot. Maybe this show can turn around, too, but that pilot is so generic and full of nothing that it's just not even worth talking about. I'll probably keep fucking watching because it's fucking Batman, but I resent the fact.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Generic is the perfect way to describe it. Just a complete bore.

This could be a criticism of the show.

Movie Theater Diary

The part where Seth asked them where Gotham is actually located was pretty hilarious.

I haven't been watching this show but based on the back read the reviews haven't been good. I think eternity is the only one I know who enjoys it on some kind of level.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

So I've never watched a second of this show, but is this a full fledged Batman show now?

Me neither Duke so I cannot answer that question. Nevertheless, it's odd to realize I never jumped like a mad, frothing maniac on a new Batman show which got solid reviews. Must be because there are just so many quality shows these days, I can't really keep up.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Previous season just hit netflix, so I'm behind. Havent seen a Batman yet. Will report.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Previous season just hit netflix, so I'm behind. Havent seen a Batman yet. Will report.
    The trailer suggests he's going to be introduced in the last season.

Man I watched the recap on last season...I don't think I've seen the one before that, I don't remember any of this.

Sweet Jesus Bane is the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Sweet Jesus Bane is the worst thing I’ve ever seen.
    Pretty big step down in costume design between Bane and the Scarecrow (I'm just now getting to that part of last season).

Yeah, I don't care about this show but that's pretty awful.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123