Page 914 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 4148148649049129139149159169249641014 ... LastLast
Results 22,826 to 22,850 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

The Inside trailer was intriguing. The game seems to generate tension and mood in ways that are comparable to Limbo (i.e., the persistent use of silence, save for the punctuation of unsettling environmental noises). The visuals seem decidedly less pared down, though, and the footage suggests a more populated and dense narrative.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Showing a trailer to Phantom Dust... never played the original. Meh reaction from the crowd.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Tom Clancy's the Division gameplay being shown. Frostbite engine looks great. We are getting detail here that I think we were all expecting from Watchdogs.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Hideki Kamiya showing off a new game exclusive to Xbone, "prepare to see action at a whole new scale"

Looks like a combination between Devil May Cry, Dragon Age, How to Train your Dragon and the Witcher.

Called Scalebound.

"Time to re-imagine your open world gaming experience"

Voice sounds familiar.... Saints Row 5?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    "Time to re-imagine your open world gaming experience"

Voice sounds familiar.... Saints Row 5?
    Oh damn, I think this is the Agency. (still it's all a cinematic, no gameplay)

Edit: Haha it's a new Crackdown game.

And that's it folks.

I was only drawn to the two titles I mentioned earlier: Sunset Overdrive and Inside. Is the latter an exclusive? Either way, as great as they both seem, it's unlikely that either will persuade me to purchase the console.

Inside looks damn fantastic. It will be on PC though.

Phantom Dust is the announcement of the year. E3 is already over for me, I don't need anything else.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting Stay Puft (view post)
    Phantom Dust is the announcement of the year. E3 is already over for me, I don't need anything else.
    I never played the original, please explain to me the hook.

Unfortunately the hook is the multiplayer, which doesn't exist anymore because Microsoft shut down the OG Xbox servers. That's also why a new Phantom Dust is so exciting: it'll be awesome to have the experience officially supported again and build a new, bigger community.

Gameplay footage of the first mission isn't going to tell you much but I'm honestly not sure how to explain it (or sell it). I always tell friends it's Magic: The Gathering as a third person arena game. You build arsenals (decks) using skills (cards) from different schools (mana colors). You then battle other phantoms in 1v1 or 2v2 team battles in small arenas. It's a third person action game so you run, jump, hide behind cover in the environment, engage in ranged or melee combat, etc. But it's all based around your equipped skills. You spawn near three orbs that are replaced as you pick them up and equip them. The mechanic is quite similar to drawing cards from the top of your deck (you have three skills equipped at one time and replace them by picking up new orbs). Like in Magic, you can attack the player or his deck (the three orbs sit in the level, so you can use erase skills to mill the opponent like with blue magic in MTG).

Environments are destructible, too, so you can damage the opponent by destroying bridges and dropping them on him, destroying the ground from underneath him, etc. You can knock your opponent off ledges, toss him off the level, etc.

It's a niche game so no it's not the kind of announcement that will wow the E3 crowds, but Phantom Dust has always been one of my favorite games so I'm over the fucking moon. It's pretty much my most wanted game ever and every E3 I assume it'll never happen, so I'm pretty fucking happy with E3 this year. Everything else is gravy.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Only a cinematic shown, no release date. DD and Meg should hate this game if they are going to continue to support the Nathan Drake is a psycho argument. Cinematic shows Lara flat out murder someone with a bow, not even being threatened. Just hiding in the shadows waiting for the guy to light a flare and then she kills him.

E3 Microsoft in 1 post
    • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare looks neat and future-y.
    • Forza 5 will feature the Nurbergring.
    • Assassins Creed: Unity will feature four-player co-op play for the first time in the series.
    • The guy in Sunset Overdrive might have the worst haircut it's possible to have, which we'll all get to see up close and personal when it launches on October 28.
    • Super Ultra Dead Rising 3' Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha (yes that's the real name) will be available soon as DLC "only on Xbox Live." Features a bunch of Capcom costumes and UI upgrades, online co-op.
    • Fable: Legends has what appears to be a neat dungeon master mode where you create challenges for the four co-op players.
    • Project Spark will feature...Conker.
    • Ori and the Blind Forest is a neat-looking game that seems influenced by Studio Ghibli. Very short trailer for it was all that we saw.
    • Vice President Keith David introduced a trailer for Halo: The Master Chief Collection will feature all of the so-far-released Halos (save for ODST and Reach) on the Xbox One. Playlists across multiple games, Halo 2 multiplayer "exactly as it shipped ten years ago." Achievements worth a total of 4,000 gamer score. Ships with access to the beta for Halo 5: Guardians.
    • Inside is a new game from the creators of Limbo. Looks good and Limbo-y! "First on Xbox," so probably will hit other platforms afterward.
    • A bunch of indie games will be coming to Xbox One, including Threes, Cuphead, and Mighty No. 9
    • Rise of the Tomb Raider announced itself with what appeared to be a CGI trailer. Lara's in therapy now.
    • Geralt will indeed be hunting in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
    • From the creators of Killer Instinct comes Phantom Dust. Remake? New game? Trailer appeared to be CGI.
    • Tom Clancy's The Division continues to be almost suspiciously good-looking.
    • Platinum Games announces an Xbox One exclusive: Scalebound. CGI trailer, but it looks like it'll be some kind of character action game feature huge monsters to take on.
    • New Crackdown game is, obviously, an Xbox One exclusive. CGI trailers seem to be a recurring theme here. Also apparently by Platinum Games?

Sims 4 Release in Sept

New Criteron racing game- looks bonkers

Tom Clancy's the Division gameplay being shown. Frostbite engine looks great. We are getting detail here that I think we were all expecting from Watchdogs.

4 years in development, early 2015 we'll see a new game by Playdead called Inside. Looks fantastic! A cross between Limbo and something out of the Half-life Universe. But 4 years in the making?

Bioware talks about new IP and New Mass Effect. The presentation revealed that the story will head to a brand new part of the galaxy, and that it will allow new heroes to explore and discover an entirely new story that is different from Shepard’s now concluded adventure.

Sneak Peek At Star Wars Battlefront

4 years in development, early 2015 we'll see a new game by Playdead called Inside. Looks fantastic! A cross between Limbo and something out of the Half-life Universe. But 4 years in the making?

and i was also vaguely reminded of Amiga classic Another World.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Fancy gadgets aside, gameplay looks decidedly unsophisticated even if the visuals look ace. On the other hand, part of me doesn't wanna fall for this shit again and still thinks it's gonna be slightly watered down when it releases.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

And big thanks for the cool updates Duke. Thumbs up!

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Ugh, all sequels it seems like.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This looks awesome.

This Far Cry 4 trailer is insane and Aisha Taylor is hosting again, and she looks smokin' hot.