Page 756 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2566567067467547557567577587668068561256 ... LastLast
Results 18,876 to 18,900 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh shit. And Sleeping Dogs just went on sale for $9.99. *Snagging*
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Yes. You've only completed the first town....Every JRPG has some sort of tutorial.
    False.

Also, from what I hear that GO HERE! banner never goes away.

The first few Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms, the first few Dragon Quest games, the first Zelda games...none of these were hand holding in any way. It's a modern convention that started after the PS1 era.

I think my feelings towards Ni No Kuni can be summed up with the cliche, "you can't go home again." I always want a new traditional JRPG to be THE ONE to pull me back into the genre, but with each one I am only further reminded of why I quit playing and liking those games.

This was the first genre I loved. I sill remember buying the first Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy game on the NES, and spending countless hours on those in Jr. High and High School.

The charming art and music is keeping my interest, and I love the world. I just wish the game play had evolved at the same rate as the graphical presentation. It's not bad, I just wish the game treated me with respect rather than I don't know how to play a JRPG.

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Battles have become a lot more complex with additional party members. It's fun to find strategies that work and then force yourself to think of another way to battle. I just wonder when I'll be able to evolve familiars again. You can evolve them the first time at level 15 or so, but I have a few second-tiers over level 30 that still won't metamorphose.
    The battles are great - even at low levels. Lots of good strategy, and you have think and act quickly.

I dunno, I like my JRPGs really linear. Probably the reason why I loved FFX.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

People complained when Twilight Princess came out that it kept telling you where you're supposed to go next rather than letting you find out yourself. To me this seemed like an improvement.

So yeah, Hitman: Absolution is mind-blowingly awesome.

It's distinctly Hitman, but with enough re-vamping to feel new and fresh.

It's absolutely gorgeous. Like, "Crysis" levels of beauty.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Slowly building up a Wii library since I got rid of my day 1 Wii about six months in. I now have a Wii U to play Wii games on so I'm catching up. So far I've got:

Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Epic Mickey
    Fling Smash
    Kirby's Epic Yarn (finished)
    The Last Story
    The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Mad World
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade (playing)
    New Super Mario Bros Wii
    Pikmin 2
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Paper Mario
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Zach & Wiki

The two big omissions that I want are Metroid Prime Trilogy (which is incredibly hard to find and selling for $100+ online) and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Any other recommendations?
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Any other recommendations?
    People love the No More Heroes games. Only played a bit of the first one myself.

I'm not an expert in your taste in video games, EWO, but just about my favorite Wii game was Little King's Story. DeBlob is a really cool platformer, though some people really don't like the way it controls. I only spent two hours with Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers. One of my friends thought it was dull, but I thought it was awesome. Lost in Shadow is neat, though I hear it gets really repetitive late in the game, but probably worth the $5 or less you can find it for.

Monster Hunter Tri is really fun for awhile. One of the most difficult games I've played. And yes, I beat Dark Souls.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    People love the No More Heroes games. Only played a bit of the first one myself.
    Always wanted to play those. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I'm not an expert in your taste in video games, EWO, but just about my favorite Wii game was Little King's Story. DeBlob is a really cool platformer, though some people really don't like the way it controls. I only spent two hours with Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers. One of my friends thought it was dull, but I thought it was awesome. Lost in Shadow is neat, though I hear it gets really repetitive late in the game, but probably worth the $5 or less you can find it for.
    RPG's, platformers, survival horror, weird games are my forte. I played through De Blob 2 and enjoyed the gameplay but the controls were awful (which were supposedly a huge step up from the first game). The other three will go on my list. Thanks!

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Monster Hunter Tri is really fun for awhile. One of the most difficult games I've played. And yes, I beat Dark Souls.
    I always thought Monster Hunter looked cool but hearing that it's one of the most difficult games you've played let's me know it's not for me. Not a fan of games which on their default difficulty are hard as hell.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Max Payne 3 is fun and tense, but still waiting to be grabbed by something, anything. Visuals are surprisingly perfunctory, decent rather than fantastic, stylistic flourishes meant to depict Max's fractured mind, begin to annoy.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Oh, man, I'm pretty upset with myself for not mentioning Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. That game's just about worth the price of Wii admission alone.

Also, if you like Tales games at all (I think you do?), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is short and pretty interesting. Not the best Tales game of recent years, but definitely a worthy one, I'd say (especially if you're hungering for more Tales).

BoomBlox is a really great party game.

Fortune Street is Monopoly with a stock market and Nintendo and Dragon Quest characters. It gets my highest recommendation.

Heavy Rain's composer Norman Corbeil passed away. It was a great score, totally reminiscent of Se7en. He was 56. He did some movies too such as the 1996 sci-fi flick Screamers.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

I second Sycophants S&P suggestion, and if you haven't played Okami the Wii version is even better than the PS2 version, and it's one of the best games ever made. Also, I haven't played them but in the survival horror genre I've heard good things about Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Dead Space: Extraction.

Dead Space: Extraction is fun.

Oh, man, I'm pretty upset with myself for not mentioning Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. That game's just about worth the price of Wii admission alone.
    I own this game and I don't own a Wii.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Finished "Bulletstorm" last night and I really enjoyed its gameplay and world. It has some of the most annoying, detestable characters I have ever seen in a game, but it's a small slight against what was a really fun shooter experience.
    It's very strange because the gameplay makes it seem like a parody of Gears of War et al., but then the cut scenes are just straight up derivative of them. I enjoyed the game also.

Also, if you like Tales games at all (I think you do?), Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World is short and pretty interesting. Not the best Tales game of recent years, but definitely a worthy one, I'd say (especially if you're hungering for more Tales).

BoomBlox is a really great party game.

Fortune Street is Monopoly with a stock market and Nintendo and Dragon Quest characters. It gets my highest recommendation.
    Picked up Sin and Punishment today. Not a big Tales fan. I never played Symphonia. I played about 5 hours of Vesperia and didn't care for it. Played about 20 hours of Graces F and got bored and stopped playing it. Fortune Street looks intriguing but do you still recommend it if I will only be playing single player?

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    I second Sycophants S&P suggestion, and if you haven't played Okami the Wii version is even better than the PS2 version, and it's one of the best games ever made. Also, I haven't played them but in the survival horror genre I've heard good things about Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Dead Space: Extraction.
    Okami is a fantastic game. I beat the PS2 version when it came out. I've got both the Silent Hill and Dead Space game on my checklist both look interesting.

Today I bought Rhythm Heaven Fever, No More Heroes, Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers for a little over $30.
    TV Recently Finished:

Sifted throught he vault and found a bag of dvds + inFamous 1 & 2 to trade in tomorrow. I need a new game or two.

How is the Wii U by the way? I'm probably going to find it difficult not to get one when the new Zelda comes out.

Sadly, I'd have to say that Fortune Street I can only recommend for 2 or more players. 4 is ideal, 3 is great fun, and 2 is a good time. 1 is kinda tedious.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    How is the Wii U by the way? I'm probably going to find it difficult not to get one when the new Zelda comes out.
    I love the system. New Super Mario Bros Wii U was one of my favorite games of last year and Nintendoland and Scribblenauts Unlimited were both great also. The downside is there is nothing else to play for the system until march but thankfully I own other systems too and I can play Wii games.
    TV Recently Finished:

[youtube]9tMjyGJdzwk[/youtube]

Amazing new Bioshock Infinite trailer.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Holy crap, Bayonetta is fun. Definitely worth $20.