Page 745 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2456456957357437447457467477557958451245 ... LastLast
Results 18,601 to 18,625 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Ping - 825ms
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yeah, living in the country and staying connected don't jive too well.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I just don't know what Nintendo was thinking. These should all be launch features.

Nintendo has announced that the Wii U's TVii functionality is finally about to go live.

The feature – which lets you view augmenting TV content on your GamePad and use it as a remote (with certain cable/content providers) – launches in North America tomorrow, December 20.

Unfortunately, TVii's integration with Netflix and TiVo won't occur until sometime in early 2013.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I bought 4 bags of Doritos today at the supermarket in order to take advantage of the double-XP in "Halo 4" thing.

It's a really neat system they've set up, where you can "bank" your Doritos and Mountain Dew codes for use whenever you want, instead of it just being the next few consecutive rounds.

Say you're about to hit some major milestone in your Commendations (the "master" level of Spartan Slayer, for example, which awards like 10,000XP) then you can just turn on the double-XP for that round where you're going to hit it, and get 20,000 right off the bat.

Similarly if you don't want to waste them on a bunch of rounds where you're not doing much, you just leave them in the bank.

Neat-o.

That's the guy who also made Prince of Persia, Jordan Mechner.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Brude (view post)
    Holy shit. The guy who made Karateka in the 80s got a team together and made a modern version. It's on XBOX and iOS.
    Steam, too. And PS3.

Haven't bought it yet, but that's one game I'm planning to get to during my vacation time post-holidays. Jordan Mechner is one of my favorite game people, no word of a lie. Prince of Persia was some of the most influential stuff for me growing up.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

And it begins again...

...Steam Holiday Sale. And GO!

Voltage!!!
    Ghostbusters for PS3 got pretty good reviews, and I jus borrowed it from a friend.

What do you guys think of it?
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    Ghostbusters for PS3 got pretty good reviews, and I jus borrowed it from a friend.

What do you guys think of it?
    I played about 1/2 of it and liked it. It got a little tedious, but I enjoyed most of what I played.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    And it begins again...

Fuck. Way too early.

I played about 1/2 of it and liked it. It got a little tedious, but I enjoyed most of what I played.
    This.

Quote Quoting Fezzik (view post)
    And it begins again...

I always follow the Steam sale threads on reddit and other gaming sites, and I typically see a lot of people say stuff like, "I just bought 50 more games! Now I have 500 games on Steam, and I never play any of them!" Since Steam accounts are viewable by others, is there some kind of e-competition going on? Does it mean something to have a large Steam library? Any worry of amassing a huge digital library, and then having Steam go away? It seems like there's this really hardcore consumerism thing with Steam, and just buying everything because it's cheap. Do you see that?

There is a risk of steam going away as written in the TOS, but it's tiny. Steam continues to grow and it's the most beloved digital platform from gamers everywhere. I bet there is a lot of E-penis going on with teh sales, but it's also just a great time to stock up on games that are never normally this cheap. $2 $5 games are such a bargain and who knows when I'll want to play them.

I hope Steam never goes away, seems like a great thing, and I'd love it on a console or a more console-like PC from Valve.

Voltage!!!
    Good enough. With the time I have for gaming I try not to play too many duds.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    Good enough. With the time I have for gaming I try not to play too many duds.
    If you really like The Ghostbusters, you'll enjoy it. It's basically GBIII.

I share a Steam account with my little brother since I don't play games online. That dude has amassed like 100-200 games on there, buying bundles and deals and whatnot.

There's a website that show you how many of your Steam games you've never actually played. Mine's over 80% (of over 200 games). lol

I might get to some of them someday. At least I paid very little for most of them.

I have very mixed feelings about "Hitman: Absolution", and after the latest cut-scene, they lean more towards the negative.

It's an incredibly mean-spirited, ugly game. Most of the time stuff like this really doesn't bother me. I'm usually the first to say "if you don't like it, don't play/watch/read/listen to it" - and while that still applies, it may be the closest I've ever felt to genuine disgust and even offense at a video game.

There's this awful, disgusting character named Wade who is a hired goon with a penchant for torture, and he is forced to take along his boss's mentally and physically handicapped son on a job to try to "make a man of him" or whatever. The kid is named Lenny and Wade refers to him as "limp-dick Lenny" (HA! Clever!), and every scene they're in together just involves having Wade belittle him and make fun of his handicaps.

Then comes a level where you (the Hitman) are trying to protect a girl in a hospital as Wade and Lenny shoot their way through to you. In one cutscene they have an elderly nun on her knees at gunpoint and Wade taunts Lenny about how much of a "pussy" he is that he won't show authority and kill the nun, and Lenny gets angry and flustered and accidentally does shoot the nun in the face...at which point Wade taunts and belittles him, and Lenny starts sobbing.

It's just ugly stuff, and without clever writing or interesting characters to fill this world, there's not too much to it other than feeling disgusted.

Gameplay-wise, I am actually finding it pretty limited. It has some interesting mechanics here and there, but for a game that is supposed to offer you the freedom to approach situations however you want, I feel like there is too much constriction.

You can pick up objects and throw them to distract enemies (such as books and bottles), but the number of items that are actually interactive in the environment is frightfully low. There are instances where you'll be in an office that is riddled with empty beer bottles all over the place (floor, tables, you name it) and you can't pick a single one of them up - you can only pick up that lone beer bottle sitting in a corner on the second level of the building.

Same goes for objects that can be used as weapons. There are blunt objects like baseball bats, pipes, hammers, wrenches, and these types of items are shown all through the levels, but the number that you can actually interact with is next to nothing.

I appreciate the game trying to encourage people to play it as more of a puzzle game than a shooter, but then why did they make guns so plentiful, and other stuff to complete objectives without killing so scarce?

I'm interested in trying out a couple of the levels on "Purist" difficulty, in which there are no checkpoints, no HUD, enemies are smarter and don't stop looking for you when they know you're around, and all you have is a crosshair.

Still, though, it feels (to me) like a very half-baked game. Maybe all the Hitman games are like this, I don't know - it's the first one I've played, and I can't say I'm overly intrigued to play more in the series.

Sidenote: why are the pre-rendered cutscenes so low-res? When you get an instance of a dark black or vibrant white, the enormous pixelation is really distracting. It doesn't feel like a game released in 2012.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    There's a website that show you how many of your Steam games you've never actually played. Mine's over 80% (of over 200 games). lol

I might get to some of them someday. At least I paid very little for most of them.
    Yeh the problem with that site is it doesn't take into account the period BEFORE steam started tracking your game hours. Steam says I've only played about 40 hours of Left 4 Dead... (psssh... yeh right (in Wayne Campbell voice)

I AM ALIVE for $5 is a good deal. I still can't believe even with this sale.... Doom 3 BFG edition is over $10 for a slightly upgraded 9 year old game.

Director
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yeh the problem with that site is it doesn't take into account the period BEFORE steam started tracking your game hours. Steam says I've only played about 40 hours of Left 4 Dead... (psssh... yeh right (in Wayne Campbell voice)
    I don't doubt that the percentage played is in the right neighborhood but the hours is way way off. It says I played Rift for 28 hours when I was on most nights for like 2 months.

You and I have almost the same percentage. Weird. Im still not convinced I've only played 100 games.

And yeh, hours are way off.

www.xfire.com/profile/dukefrukem

There needs to be more games with a L4D approach. Can't play it now because I've had enough of it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter