Page 736 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2366366867267347357367377387467868361236 ... LastLast
Results 18,376 to 18,400 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Actually I take my last post back. I do continue to post stuff like this because maybe it would be nice if sometimes, just some of the time, people could realize that maybe I'm not pulling this stuff out of my arse and take responsibility. Maybe it would be nice if someone posted "thanks for the article Duke, I'll take it under consideration the next time I call you a fanboy". I'm not posting it as an arrogant ego thing. I'm posting it because I'm trying to prove myself. And even after I do, I still get shit for it. Funny world we live in. It's not like I'm your enemy here.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    No comments were listed to say, "In your face."

I'm curious why Duke spends a lot of time looking up these reviews, but it certainly isn't anything beyond posting excerpts from movie critics and their early opinions of a movie.
    Everything I post comes directly out of my RSS feed. I subscribe to Nintendo-Sony-Microsoft-PC gaming... It all flows out of one place. All I have to do is hit the next arrow and the next article comes up. If I find something interesting, or of topic that we talk about, I post it. I don't google search anything.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I don't know what we're arguing about so I'm gonna start a new topic.

I went to the store and played around with the Wii U yesterday. It was pretty great.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I don't know what we're arguing about so I'm gonna start a new topic.

I went to the store and played around with the Wii U yesterday. It was pretty great.
    I did too. (only at a Gamestop) ZombiU - the 'hacking mechanism' is probably the best innovation in gaming I've seen in quite sometime.

Borderlands 2 was a mistake. I kept dying to the first (intro) boss and eventually had to look up a cheat just to get past him to continue the story.

The difficulty level of this game is absolutely ridiculous. Its not for someone like me, who play FPSses casually. Its more for people who are veterans of online FPSes, because thats what it felt like the entire time.

It stopped being fun after 20 minutes and became an exercise in frustration.

I wish I could return it, but since I bought it electronically, I'm stuck with it.

C'est la vie.

Director
    Is PlayStation Plus worth it for the free games?

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Is PlayStation Plus worth it for the free games?
    Yes, and the discounts.

Especially if you have a Vita, too, because then you get two sets of free games and discounts.

Director
    I'll look into it more. I sold my PSP a couple years back and don't have much interest in going back to the handhelds. If I could download the entire Ratchet and Clank collection for free though, I'm game.

All the Wii U's I've seen don't have demos

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I played "Rayman Legends" while I was waiting in line for "Halo 4".

It was stunningly beautiful. Looked better than "Origins" on the 360.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I have all of these great new games to play, and I spend the majority of the weekend playing....Dark Souls. Although, I do think I'm starting to get bored. of it. I might try a SL1 run.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'm just backing up my post with facts to prove I'm not pulling them out of the thin air. You Meg and EWO all accuse me of being a fanboy but I'm just reporting on what I read.

You even said it yourself:

This is a valid review of the WiiU. I didn't even address it to you and I don't even know what goes on over at GameFaqs but if it's anything like my post of an excerpt of a review, it must be a nice place to discuss games.
    The point I don't understand is why is this relevant to us? I can post tons of links to negative PS3, 360, or Vita reviews. What is the point of that? If you had bought a Nintendo Wii U then didn't care for and railed against it then I could understand. But you've shown from your posts not to care in the slightest about the system other then to bash it from the beginning so why are you so adamant in your second hand opinion that it sucks. It would be like if I posted how I liked a movie and then you posting someone else's negative review on that movie to try to prove that I'm wrong. I don't get why your only purpose in this thread is to be negative.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I played "Rayman Legends" while I was waiting in line for "Halo 4".

It was stunningly beautiful. Looked better than "Origins" on the 360.
    I'm so stoked for Legends. I loved Origins.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    The point I don't understand is why is this relevant to us? I can post tons of links to negative PS3, 360, or Vita reviews. What is the point of that? If you had bought a Nintendo Wii U then didn't care for and railed against it then I could understand. But you've shown from your posts not to care in the slightest about the system other then to bash it from the beginning so why are you so adamant in your second hand opinion that it sucks. It would be like if I posted how I liked a movie and then you posting someone else's negative review on that movie to try to prove that I'm wrong. I don't get why your only purpose in this thread is to be negative.
    Wrong.

Anybody have an hints or tips for XCOM? I'm consistently getting my ass kicked.

"Black Ops 2" is pretty darn good. Not GOTY worthy or anything, but a great new direction for the series.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Anybody have an hints or tips for XCOM? I'm consistently getting my ass kicked.
    Start on easy, don't spread out, and use each squad mate's abilities.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Start on easy, don't spread out, and use each squad mate's abilities.
    Yes. And overwatch, overwatch, overwatch.

I started on normal and then switched to easy, and like it a lot more.

Yes. And overwatch, overwatch, overwatch.

I started on normal and then switched to easy, and like it a lot more.
    No matter how tempting, never, ever dash, unless your person has, and is using, the ability that allows you to dash and blast.

Shotguns are a girl's best friend, next to a sniper rifle.

Heavy's accuracy sucks, don't rely on them for killing. Rely on them for their other abilities.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

In almost every kind of mission, there is absolutely no benefit to dashing or moving through quickly. So take your time.

Try to get to snipers upgraded, plant them on the highest point of the map (make sure you take the squadsight ability), and set them on overwatch.

My heavies do OK - what abilities do you rely on, Scar? I mainly just use the heavies for their rocket launching.

With shotguns, do you like the standard or the upgraded scatter laser?

In almost every kind of mission, there is absolutely no benefit to dashing or moving through quickly. So take your time.

Try to get to snipers upgraded, plant them on the highest point of the map (make sure you take the squadsight ability), and set them on overwatch.

My heavies do OK - what abilities do you rely on, Scar? I mainly just use the heavies for their rocket launching.

With shotguns, do you like the standard or the upgraded scatter laser?
    Holotargeting and suppression. If they're close, I target normally. I try to steer clear of explosives so I can recover the bodies.

Upgrade if you can. It makes a world of difference, especially when the real scary shit starts showing up.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Holotargeting and suppression. If they're close, I target normally. I try to steer clear of explosives so I can recover the bodies.

Upgrade if you can. It makes a world of difference, especially when the real scary shit starts showing up.
    I can never get suppression to work, or maybe I don't know what it's supposed to do.

How do you use it, and what is it supposed to do?

I know I'm playing wrong, but I destroy everything.

The scientist lady is always "DUDE! You gotta capture one of those light-beings!"

And I'm like, "BITCH, please! You try capturing one if it's so important."

ROCKETS, FIRED!
    GRENADES, THROWN!

I can never get suppression to work, or maybe I don't know what it's supposed to do.

How do you use it, and what is it supposed to do?
    Keeps things pinned down. If they move, you automatically get an accuracy bonus on a reaction shot. Hopefully won't have to rely on them as much in my next play thru on a harder difficulty, but it'll be awhile before I do that. Picked up a few games this weekend, including AC3, and that Transformers game Meg loves.

So would you guys say the game is pretty awesome?