Page 732 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2326326827227307317327337347427828321232 ... LastLast
Results 18,276 to 18,300 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Zing
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Goddamn Farcry 3 looks sweet. Also, why are the reviews all out 2 weeks before the game is? LAME. I read a bunch of reviews this morning and got all stoked to pick it up tonight.....comes out December 4. If the game is done, release it!

Yoshi's Island still has the some of the best graphics I've seen to this day.

Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

It's a fun game until....WAAAAAAA, WAAAAAA, WAAAAAA.

Good lord that sound made me want to break something.

It's a fun game until....WAAAAAAA, WAAAAAA, WAAAAAA.

Good lord that sound made me want to break something.
    That's because you suck at it.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Goddamn Farcry 3 looks sweet. Also, why are the reviews all out 2 weeks before the game is? LAME. I read a bunch of reviews this morning and got all stoked to pick it up tonight.....comes out December 4. If the game is done, release it!
    Hehe. I love how you just skip over Morris's post.

I played FC2 last April. Its OK. Standard FPS SP story and decent multiplayer.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Regarding GTA V, I read that there will be more heists in the style of the celebrated bank robbery level of GTA IV and that there will be planning involved to ensure the heists are pulled off as smoothly as possible. Well, that's definitely great news...if true. I mean, from what eight posted, seems it will be up to the player to decide which character to play with, but the player is still shepherded to an exact spot after which a cut scene will probably kick in and the shooting starts. Wouldn't it be great if you could really plan it all out? Scope out the building for weaknesses, possible entry points (air ducts naturally), a bunch of possible exit routes and basically make the whole thing depend on the inspiration of the player? But yeah, sounds like there'll be a little bit more to it this time.
    Well from what it sounds like, it's more like you're choosing perspective rather than story. So the missions are gonna be the same, but you get to choose where you see it from.

In that mission example I posted, the test player activated the mission as Michael, and when he arrived at the mission spot, Trevor's already there in the middle of a fight with the guy who hired them. You don't know how that started, but if you came to the mission spot as Trevor, you would have. But on the flip side, as Michael you find out about a certain doublecross going into it that Trevor doesn't know about. So it's all about switching around to "check in" on the three characters, and sometimes you'll go into a mission knowing more about it than the character you're playing, 'cause you've seen the other side of it as another character.

The cool thing is that, off-mission, you never know what situation you're going to drop in on when you take over a character, because the AI keeps the other 2 characters going when you're not playing them. You could be running around in a gated community as Michael, experiencing domestic nightmare (his wife and teenage kids hate him), so you switch to Franklin on the other side of town, and find yourself in the middle of a turf fight, etc, vice versa.

Apparently it's to avoid those dead spots in the gameplay, since the open world is so big. You're driving around the outskirts of Los Santos as Franklin, nothing to do, bored? Switch to Trevor and fuck shit up. Switch to Michael, play a round of golf, then switch back to Franklin and now he's in the middle of the city and has something to do.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Hehe. I love how you just skip over Morris's post.
    I read that article a couple of days ago. It's a non-issue to me because I don't like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Metro games, and don't care for Eastern European game design in geneal; I usually find the games janky and overly-cumbersome. Witcher 2 is a great example. Good lord what a slogging bore that thing is.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Oh apparently there's a steam sale starting today.
    You are the wind beneath my wings. I logged into match-cut JUST to ask that.

Director
    KOTOR 2 for $2.50. Mmmmm.

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    KOTOR 2 for $2.50. Mmmmm.
    purchased! Thanks.

Skyrim is $40 ($20 off) but I'm finding it difficult to pay $40 for a game that never ends.

Director
    I bought that and The Walking Dead because I'm a huge sucker for Telltale adventure games.

Dishonored is tempting but general rule of thumb for Steam sales is avoid anything that's not a daily or flash deal until the final day.

Is Walking Dead ep. 5 out?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Is Walking Dead ep. 5 out?
    Yeah, released today.

I've been waiting for the season to wrap before jumping in (assuming there's going to be a good deal on a season bundle or something). Looking forward to it, everyone I know has been raving about it.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    All I know is I have 4 Wii U games and they all look great and I'm having a ton of fun playing them. That's ALL I care about. People on the internet who have been hating on Nintendo since the Gamecube days don't effect my enjoyment of the system in the slightest.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    All I know is I have 4 Wii U games and they all look great
    Said no one ever.

[
    ]

Persona 4 Golden is slick on the Vita. Looks great on that screen.

I have pretty much had it with fucking "Advanced" mode in Batman. I'm fighting a room full of people, all with a variety of weapons, and this part shows just how fucking buggy the fighting system is.

Throw your Batarang at the guy standing directly in front of you? HAH! No. You'll throw it at some guy off-screen, and that guy right in front of you will punch you. Fuck you, player.

Wait, you're standing on a balcony ABOVE the crowd? Hey, when these guys below you swing their fists in mid-air, it's gonna fucking hit you anyway. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

You want to disarm your opponent? OK, simply press the joystick in his direction and press these buttons. Nice work! Oh, wait, fuck you, you're going to disarm this guy on the other side of the room with an easily blocked weapon and who would normally pose very little threat.

Had. It.

Walking Dead Ep. 5. God damn.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Thanksgiving has for the last half-decade been a weekend all about video games for me as well. Great time to shut myself up, sit near a window as the scenery winterizes, drink coffee, and play video games in my pajamas. In 2008, I put about 25 hours into Persona 3. But this year, I'm in Tokyo preparing for midterms, so I won't have that luxury.

Still gonna try to get into one or two of these Steam games that I just bought. Kane & Lynch 2 or X-Com, I think.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Well from what it sounds like, it's more like you're choosing perspective rather than story. So the missions are gonna be the same, but you get to choose where you see it from.

In that mission example I posted, the test player activated the mission as Michael, and when he arrived at the mission spot, Trevor's already there in the middle of a fight with the guy who hired them. You don't know how that started, but if you came to the mission spot as Trevor, you would have. But on the flip side, as Michael you find out about a certain doublecross going into it that Trevor doesn't know about. So it's all about switching around to "check in" on the three characters, and sometimes you'll go into a mission knowing more about it than the character you're playing, 'cause you've seen the other side of it as another character.

The cool thing is that, off-mission, you never know what situation you're going to drop in on when you take over a character, because the AI keeps the other 2 characters going when you're not playing them. You could be running around in a gated community as Michael, experiencing domestic nightmare (his wife and teenage kids hate him), so you switch to Franklin on the other side of town, and find yourself in the middle of a turf fight, etc, vice versa.

Apparently it's to avoid those dead spots in the gameplay, since the open world is so big. You're driving around the outskirts of Los Santos as Franklin, nothing to do, bored? Switch to Trevor and fuck shit up. Switch to Michael, play a round of golf, then switch back to Franklin and now he's in the middle of the city and has something to do.
    So you could switch to Michael and see his battered corpse lying on the pavement because you were playing with another character?

Sounds good to me. First thing I'm gonna do is get my bicycle out of the garage and go to the top of Mount Chilliad...without direction markers.

There was a great article a while back about how it would be potentially awesome to experience GTA without the little radar. It forces the player to learn the city and removes the red dots whenever villains pop up to preserve the tension.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Walking Dead Ep. 5. God damn.
    And on a sidenote completing Walking Dead put my gamerscore over 100,000!!!
    TV Recently Finished:

And on a sidenote completing Walking Dead put my gamerscore over 100,000!!!

Cheesy crust!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Persona 4 Golden is a hell of a game. I think it's harder than P3, and definitely more involved. Also, the added network features, while simple, are very cool, and kind of Souls-like. You can check the network to see what other players have done during the day, and in the dungeons you can request help and offer aid to other players - when this happens you basically receive or give bonuses to other people on in the same area as you.

Got it yesterday, and I've already put in about 8 hours.

Persona 4 Golden is a hell of a game. I think it's harder than P3, and definitely more involved. Also, the added network features, while simple, are very cool, and kind of Souls-like. You can check the network to see what other players have done during the day, and in the dungeons you can request help and offer aid to other players - when this happens you basically receive or give bonuses to other people on in the same area as you.

Got it yesterday, and I've already put in about 8 hours.

That happened to me with "Dark Souls" - the day I bought it I put in over 8 hours. I made it to the first fire in the tower (about 15 minutes of actual progress).
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."