Page 708 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2086086586987067077087097107187588081208 ... LastLast
Results 17,676 to 17,700 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Got every trophy in ACII except the two requiring me to get all the feathers. I'm done.
    I'm a video game masochist so of course I have all of them.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Voltage!!!
    I'll attempt to get trophies if it's something that adds to the game, like expanding on the story when the main missions are completed. Otherwise it mostly seems like an artificial way to steal my gaming time and let the developers say that the games takes 60 hours to complete instead of 15 hours.
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Lasse (view post)
    I'll attempt to get trophies if it's something that adds to the game, like expanding on the story when the main missions are completed. Otherwise it mostly seems like an artificial way to steal my gaming time and let the developers say that the games takes 60 hours to complete instead of 15 hours.
    They're usually pretty good about estimating game time by only focusing on the main missions and single player campaigns.

I'm with EWO though. I'm a sucker for those trophies as painful as they are. Finding all those feathers in ACII was more frustrating than pulling off the seamless fight combo in Batman AC.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

And I have to admit, I'm still frustrated with the 37 people on my friends list not wanting to play Borderlands 2 with me, and I am trekking through it solo. It's much, MUCH more enjoyable than BL1. The story and interactions with NPCs are very creative.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Played about 30 minutes of Torchlight 2 last night before I passed out due to suffering from the plague (I've been more sick this week than I ever have in my life), and it was great. I'm at the perfect level of health now to spend some quality time with the game this weekend. I tell you what, being able to level up my character's stats is about a million times more rewarding than Diablo 3's system.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    And I have to admit, I'm still frustrated with the 37 people on my friends list not wanting to play Borderlands 2 with me, and I am trekking through it solo. It's much, MUCH more enjoyable than BL1. The story and interactions with NPCs are very creative.
    BL1 was love/hate for me. I LOVED the aesthetic and the music. I LOVED the world and the characters. What got old was the grind, and I ran into one of those missions where you plod through for about an hour, get to the boss who roundly defeats you, you try again, with less ammo, you get beaten again, until finally I had to revert to a save file because I had deleted all my money and ammo. I tried that again, same result, said fuck it and never touched the game again.

If BL2 addresses this stuff then I'd be happy to give it a try.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Started God of War. Someone give me the consensus rundown on these titles. Thirty minutes into the first and my head hurts from all the awesome.

Started God of War. Someone give me the consensus rundown on these titles. Thirty minutes into the first and my head hurts from all the awesome.
    God of War: AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME FUCK YOU THIS SUCKS AWESOME AWESOME

God of War II: AWESOME

God of War III: AWESOME

The fuck you this sucks portion wasn't nearly as difficult as when I first played it years ago, when I wasn't the most adept gamer.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    God of War: FUCK YOU THIS SUCKS
    The bone wall climb?

The bone wall climb?
    Yessir. I'm sure there was a class Scar 'venting' post in regards to that years ago.

:lol:
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Yessir. I'm sure there was a class Scar 'venting' post in regards to that years ago.

:lol:
    "Yes, yes...I'm making it....almost there...wait...WHAT! NOO. FYUUCJCK> GMDDAMINDTT> FHFAJF. AGHGHHG. FFFUUUCCKKKK!"

Very fun. Haven't played 2. I don't remember this alleged climb... I must've gotten lucky.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I've yet to play the third one, which I own, but the HD updates for parts 1 and 2 blew me away. I think I played them on a higher difficulty and the going was at times brutally tough. You're going to encounter some astonishing sights later on.

@scar: lol, remember that bit also, but it was more tedious. Some of the battles enraged me far more.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

[youtube]d3lB7LC9rXE&[/youtube]

This is mine when it comes out! MINE!!!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Pretty much gave up on finishing "Black Ops" on Veteran. Got about halfway through and officially decided I was just not having fun. I'd rather spend my time with something I genuinely enjoy, achievements be damned.

I'm really enjoying "Binary Domain". It's not without its significant flaws, most apparent being pacing. While the speech gimmick is neat (you hook up your headset and actually talk to the characters, both issuing commands in combat and giving simple answers to banter/conversation in order to develop rapport) there are just too many dialogue breaks that slow everything to a halt. And to add insult to injury, the translation from Japanese is awkward, with much of the dialogue sounding downright silly.

The action is exhilirating and over-the-top, and the robots blast apart beautifully. Blowing a robot's legs off and having it crawl towards you full-on Terminator-style is really neat and surprisingly creepy.

It's one of the more "meta" games I have played lately, and the intelligence on display in both design and execution puts it in the "must play" pile for me, regardless of its shortcomings.

I would love to see a polished sequel.

God of War: AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME FUCK YOU THIS SUCKS AWESOME AWESOME

God of War II: AWESOME

God of War III: AWESOME

The fuck you this sucks portion wasn't nearly as difficult as when I first played it years ago, when I wasn't the most adept gamer.
    That's pretty accurate.

Torchlight 2 is so good.

Torchlight 2 is so good.
    Played a bit earlier today. Not really a fan of this sort of game, but this is really fun.

Still enjoying the heck out of "Binary Domain". I think it's one I'll definitely replay in the harder difficulty.

Love the robot designs. And the game continues to get more and more "meta" (I hate using that term, but it applies here). Love that the most likable, colourful and, well, human character on your team is a robot - a French cowboy robot named Cain, that is.

After this I think I may head back to "Spec Ops: The Line" for a bit, then on to either "Max Payne 3" or "Syndicate".

Finished "Binary Domain" and, despite a lackluster final boss who seemed like much less of a threat than most of the stuff to come before, it was a great time.

Incredibly convoluted and melodramatic (as is the case, I find, with many Japanese video games), but the gameplay makes the whole thing a blast.

I have to say, though, that Japanese philosophy with regards to telling a story in a video game is just about as far removed as possible from what I like. There is often an enormous disconnect between story and gameplay, and in the case of "Binary Domain", the switches from story telling to game mechanics feel very dated. The game completely stops for minutes at a time and it's annoying. Through my first play I watched all the cutscenes and interactions so I could get the whole experience, but on replays (and I've already started playing on the hardest difficulty!) I will be skipping them all together.

I have not yet played Binary Domain, but it was created by the same folks that do the Yakuza series so i guess the storytelling must follow a similar design, which means slightly dated even though I love the Yakuza games. I've played the demo and liked it though, I may pick it up someday.

Speaking about japanese games, I'm around 40 hours into Tales of Graces F and having a lot of fun, yes it's linear and lighthearted like most jrpgs and feelings of 'I'm too old for this' creep up from time to time, but whatever, gameplay is great and the story is surprisingly fluid and engaging, cliches and all, combat system is perhaps a little confusing at first but very deep and satisfying mix of strategic and action. Graphics aren't the most impressive (it's a wii port on PS3) but the colorful presentation and scenery design are very pleasing. Now i'm pretty hyped for the english version of Tales of Xiliia that will be out next year.

Anyone played the public demo of Resident Evil 6? I enjoyed the old demo that came with Dragon's Dogma, but this time I have to agree with some of the complaints, they tryed for a more frantic warzone action but the mechanics are so clunky that it gets more annoying than fun.

Quote Quoting KK2.0 (view post)
    Anyone played the public demo of Resident Evil 6? I enjoyed the old demo that came with Dragon's Dogma, but this time I have to agree with some of the complaints, they tryed for a more frantic warzone action but the mechanics are so clunky that it gets more annoying than fun.
    Weird how I haven't downloaded this yet. Probably because I am already planning to buy it day 1.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting KK2.0 (view post)

Speaking about japanese games, I'm around 40 hours into Tales of Graces F and having a lot of fun, yes it's linear and lighthearted like most jrpgs and feelings of 'I'm too old for this' creep up from time to time, but whatever, gameplay is great and the story is surprisingly fluid and engaging, cliches and all, combat system is perhaps a little confusing at first but very deep and satisfying mix of strategic and action. Graphics aren't the most impressive (it's a wii port on PS3) but the colorful presentation and scenery design are very pleasing. Now i'm pretty hyped for the english version of Tales of Xiliia that will be out next year.
    That's funny. I'm about the same amount of time in also. I just stopped playing due to Borderlands 2 taking up most of my time but I'll definitely continue in a week or so. I feel pretty much the same way you do about it.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+