Page 707 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 2076076576977057067077087097177578071207 ... LastLast
Results 17,651 to 17,675 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Walking Dead spoilers

[
    ]
    [
    ]
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

[
    ]

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Video I made of the opening of Black Mesa

[youtube]9BCGBpdrhFM[/youtube]
    Sure enough, I watched the whole dang thing again. Poor Meg. This video isn't going to make him feel any better about not yet having played the first game. I hope it'll see the light of day on consoles. It's cool that this is free, but if it were to appear on XBLA, it might well end up as XBLA's crowning glory and I'm sure I would buy it again. I wonder if Valve ever considered including the original Half-Life in the Otange Box. Seemed like a no-brainer and it would have sent the value of that release into orbit.

Lol, did you know about that achievement in the beginning where you press the button under the desk? Looks like you've got everything maxed out as it looks slick and smooth. Nice vid.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    The Walking Dead Ep 1 game is pretty cool. How much do the decisions actually weigh on the game? With so many episodes I can't imagine that there are that many different paths at the end.
    In terms of the short term flow, the decisions are very important. Depending on who you side with, will result in characters helping you in certain situations. It's pretty remarkable.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)

Lol, did you know about that achievement in the beginning where you press the button under the desk? Looks like you've got everything maxed out as it looks slick and smooth. Nice vid.
    I didn't know about the achievement, but I knew that button was there from playing the first game. Keep in mind, when Half-Life was released in 1998 on CD, I probably spent 100 hours exploring that game, trying to find EVERY G-Man sighting, looking at all the little buttons and hints Valve put in.... this is before broadband internet, strategy guides, etc... I'm gonna make another video on some of the other cool things you can do in the first chapter.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Speaking of trophies/achievements, what games have people here gotten everything for?

The only game I have every achievement for (360) is "The Walking Dead", and I have yet to get ep. 3.

I would really love to get everything in "Spec Ops: The Line", and I think it's entirely possible. It'll just take some time.

I also came pretty close with "Halo: Reach".
    Off the top of my head....100% in:

Walking Dead (so far)
    Call of Duty: World at War
    Dead Space
    Burnout Paradise
    Batman Arkham City
    Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection
    Uncharted Drake's Fortune
    Fallout 3
    God of War 3
    Limbo
    Linger in the Shadows
    Prince of Persia
    Infamous

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    [
    ]
    Nope.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Amazon still hasn't even shipped my copy of Borderlands 2 at 4 pm today so I went to best buy and just picked up. The guy asked me if I preordered it and I told him about the amazon issue and he put in that I preordered it so I could get the preorder bonus which I thought was cool of him.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Amazon still hasn't even shipped my copy of Borderlands 2 at 4 pm today so I went to best buy and just picked up. The guy asked me if I preordered it and I told him about the amazon issue and he put in that I preordered it so I could get the preorder bonus which I thought was cool of him.
    So after three days of my game being listed as "shipping soon" I go into cancel item and it says they will try to cancel item. Not two minutes later I get an email back saying they can't cancel and now my item is shipping. That package will be going right back.
    TV Recently Finished:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/18/r...eschuk-retire/

Bioware founders ray muzyka and greg zeschuk retire from videogames. Two legends. Best of luck in the future.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Console players may get a taste of steam soon...

With the launch of Big Picture Mode's beta, the PC is becoming more viable for the TV.
    It’s hard to tell if Valve is always flying by the seat of its pants, or if it’s carefully calculated this “shrug, we’ll figure it out” image to make us think they’re all just hanging out and high-fiving all day.

Anyway, there’s been plenty of speculation about what Valve is up to hardware-wise, whether it’s crafting a cheaper PC box to faciliate Steam purchases for the masses, wearable computing, or something else entirely. (It's probably a bit of everything).

According to an interview with Valve hardware designer Jeri Ellsworth over at Engadget, we’ll have a better idea of what Valve is cooking up next year, when one of its ideas goes beta.

What is this idea? No one knows, but Valve has the resources to do small production runs for a beta test that will likely be figured out through Steam. We do, however, know Valve’s internal motto.

“To make Steam games more fun to play in your living room,” said Ellsworth.

As broad a mandate as that might be, it also gives you a pretty good idea what direction Valve’s headed in. With all these people dragging PCs into the living room, maybe Valve’s got some plans to make that less of a logistical headache. Plus, Ellsworth said it's a few years out before we see anything from them regarding wearable computing.

So Borderlands 2 appears to be pretty amazing. Never played the first one, but I'll probably add this one to the line-up somewhere down the line. The style and character looks really like something else.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    So Borderlands 2 appears to be pretty amazing. Never played the first one, but I'll probably add this one to the line-up somewhere down the line. The style and character looks really like something else.
    I'm playing it. Lvl 10. It's much more polished and less boring for solo runs. There's actually a linear story attached to it. There were 15 people on my friends list last night and every one of them declined my invite to play and each one was playing solo.

WTF is the point?

I'm playing it. Lvl 10. It's much more polished and less boring for solo runs. There's actually a linear story attached to it. There were 15 people on my friends list last night and every one of them declined my invite to play and each one was playing solo.

WTF is the point?
    Once again, not everyone plays games the way you do duke. I played 100+ hours of Borderlands 1 over the 360 & PS3 and only played solo and loved the hell out of it. I, level 11 in 2 and I will only be playing solo again. I DON'T like playing games multiplayer. If someone is having fun that's "the point."
    TV Recently Finished:

Ugh. Playing a 4-player co-op designed game solo is like buying a Porsche a never driving it.

Edit: 100 hours of BL1? How many times did you die? A million?

I've never played co-op. I'm sure it can be very satisfying to do so, but maybe I feel the challenge will be diluted with other players helping out? to be honest, I don't have many friends who own consoles and who are online around the time I am.

I've reached the train level in Half-Life: Black Mesa. "On a rail" I believe it is called. Great game. Such a superbly realized place where every dilapidated office cubicle seems to tell a story of its own even though there's nothing to discover, but grab health and ammo.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

That's my least favorite level in HL. I always hated driving that thing around.

That's my least favorite level in HL. I always hated driving that thing around.
    All the alien levels for me. Game took a massive nosedive here with some ridiculous bosses.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Yeh those levels were not very good either.

Ugh. Playing a 4-player co-op designed game solo is like buying a Porsche a never driving it.

Edit: 100 hours of BL1? How many times did you die? A million?
    It's designed to be played both ways. And like I said I played through the game on both systems along with all dlc and I did everything. That's easily 100 hours
    TV Recently Finished:

Torchlight 2! Cannot wait.

To any "Gears of War" fans (or fans of cover-based shooting in general), I strongly recommend the game "Binary Domain".

Cool high-concept sci-fi story in a neat futuristic world, and you spend the whole time blasting robots to bits in icredibly detailed, gratifying ways.

If you like that style of gameplay, I'd say you shouldn't miss this one.

Got every trophy in ACII except the two requiring me to get all the feathers. I'm done.

Quote Quoting Sven (view post)
    Got every trophy in ACII except the two requiring me to get all the feathers. I'm done.
    I fucked hate those achievements in games. So pointless.