Page 651 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1515516016416496506516526536617017511151 ... LastLast
Results 16,251 to 16,275 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

I'd like a game that combines the levels and weapons of Demon's Souls with the armor sets and options of Dark Soul's.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I'm still pretty stoked to try "The Witcher 2" when it comes down in price. A friend of mine at work picked it up and said "if you loved 'Dark Souls', you'll love this". Said the combat is a similar idea, but with the addition of a pretty deep potions system.

I just got three games for insanely good deals on Amazon:

Just Cause 2 - $15
    Metro 2033 - $12
    Assassin's Creed 2 - $15

To those who have played the "Assassin's Creed" games - 2 is an OK place to start, right? I think I've read and heard several times that 1 is pretty "meh", and not really required to enjoy the latter games.
    I would reckon yes. There is some reference to part one, but you could probably look up a synopsis on wikipedia to get you up to speed. I've also got Brotherhood waiting to be played, but part two kinda blew me away. When they make a top ten list of most amazing gaming locations, AC 2 should be mentioned. I'd go with Italian voices and English subs for sheer authenticity.

Metro 2033 was pretty fantastic, ridiculously atmoshperic, scary. It really conveys a strong sense of despair, desolation, but also of the strength of the human spirit. There's a great mid-game moment where you're walking through a tunnel with some other guy who's narrating events to you for like 7 minutes, but it's chilling, creepy, almost supernatural.

Just cause 2!! Let's see you get to 98.32%. took me 110 hours, the longest I've ever afforded a videogame, but the whole world is just a blessing to be in, to traverse, to soak in. I was frequently blown away by the vistas. Ignore the bad acting and story and just blow stuff up. It should have gotten repetitive, but for some reason it never did. This might be one of the few games that really deserve the label "sandbox game."
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223893p1.html

Rayman Legends Wii U leaked trailer!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223893p1.html

Rayman Legends Wii U leaked trailer!
    Looks awesome! I was always a big Nintendo fan and stopped once I had a Wii for about a year because I didn't like the motion controls. I'll definitely be getting the new system though. I'm sure Nintendo is pissed about this trailer because it shows WiiU stuff that they haven't even talked about yet and it's before E3.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So "Rage" continues to...well...not impress me very much.

I don't know that I have ever encountered a game with such poor pacing. Right when it feels like the story is getting on track and I'm making some progress...here are TONS of fetch quests! Oh, and in order to fetch this item, you'll need this car. Which requires a FETCH QUEST to get! And guess what? In order to get the item you need to get the car to get the item...first you need to equip your car with rockets...and guess how you get them? FETCH QUEST.

I've played the game for a little under 4 hours and it feels like an eternity with all these repetitive quests breaking up any and all action the game has to throw my way.

I have the feeling this was a perfectly good 6-8 hour game that the developers decided needed to be fleshed out more. Boy oh boy did they screw themselves there.
    Yup. The game is a massive failure.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Kratos vs. Parappa sounds fun, but Sony's roster looks pretty weak, or at least way less classic, compared to Nintendo's.

Not sold on Dragon's Dogma. That footage seemed pretty blah to me. Maybe it's just because the visuals remind me of Monster Hunter Tri, which I strongly disliked.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Yup. The game is a massive failure.

I wouldn't go that far.

It's just really confused as to what kind of game it's trying to be.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I wouldn't go that far.

That's how I felt. The action parts are AWESOME. Some of the most hard-hitting first person action I've experienced. However, just when I was getting into a rhythm, the action part would end and then I was involved in some super light weight story/RPG/fetch quest nonsense.

It should have been just a straight up shooter. That's what id does well.

I wouldn't go that far.

For Id it is.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Idioteque Stalker (view post)
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale: Kratos vs. Parappa sounds fun, but Sony's roster looks pretty weak, or at least way less classic, compared to Nintendo's.
    It seems weird that they're not leading off with some of their more iconic characters: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Lara Croft, Cloud and Sephiroth. Presumably at least the former two are in there.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    It seems weird that they're not leading off with some of their more iconic characters: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Lara Croft, Cloud and Sephiroth. Presumably at least the former two are in there.
    I'm pretty sure the first three aren't owned by Sony. And all three have appeared on other companies systems. It looks like their going with only Sony exclusive characters.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I'm getting it. That Hades level looks awesome.

[youtube]v1bQSw7FOUQ[/youtube]

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I'm pretty sure the first three aren't owned by Sony. And all three have appeared on other companies systems. It looks like their going with only Sony exclusive characters.
    Hmm. Naughty Dog's owned by Sony so surely Crash Bandicoot is too?

We'll definitely see Drake and Cole put in there. I wouldn't be surprised if Snake is in there too even though he was in the latest SSB game.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Hmm. Naughty Dog's owned by Sony so surely Crash Bandicoot is too?
    Naughty Dog gave up Crash back in the PS1 era. It's now developed by Radical and owned by Activision.
    TV Recently Finished:

Oh.

I will be suprised if they don't get him in the game anyway though. Smash Bros. has third party characters in it and Crash is the closet thing Sony's ever had to its Mario.

Never liked the Smash Bros. games, and this looks about the same. I never got into that frantic style of fighting games.

"Rage" continues to polarize itself.

I just entered the Dead City, and while it's incredibly restrictive corridor shooting, it's so damn good at it. The control, the punch of the weapons, the slow reveal of the freaking mammoth monster. It's fantastic.

But I'm saddened knowing that this is temporary, and just around the corner are more pointless driving fetch quests.

I wish they had just made a really freaking awesome 4-5 hour corridor shooter, and left the open world stuff to others.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with providing a more restrictive game type, when you're capable of pulling it off with such quality.

It feels like Bethesda was brought into the mix to widen the scope, which it really didn't need in the first place.

Bethesda only published the game.

But I agree with everything you said.

Bethesda only published the game.

But I agree with everything you said.
    I know they only published it, but could you not feel their touch there? They must have had some input, creatively, even if it was after the fact.

I know they only published it, but could you not feel their touch there? They must have had some input, creatively, even if it was after the fact.
    I don't think so. It's pretty much the game Id was describing since they announced it.

I love Smash Bros, but I don't get why Sony would want their game to be such a similar-looking clone. Seems like a wasted opportunity to make it, I dunno, a little more fighting-based since the characters are more adult than Nintendo's.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I love Smash Bros, but I don't get why Sony would want their game to be such a similar-looking clone. Seems like a wasted opportunity to make it, I dunno, a little more fighting-based since the characters are more adult than Nintendo's.
    Clayfighter should be redone with Sony characters.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

crash team racing is better than any mario kart game i've ever played

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    crash team racing is better than any mario kart game i've ever played
    It's good but doesn't hold a candle to Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64 or Diddy Kong Racing.
    TV Recently Finished: