Page 649 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1495495996396476486496506516596997491149 ... LastLast
Results 16,201 to 16,225 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Finished Force Unleashed 2 last night. Holy hell was that a short game. Maybe 4-5 hours? While the controls were improved from the first game, that is way too short for a campaign.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Okay, so, I just heard about this today. There's an episodic game based on The Walking Dead due out very soon, and some gameplay aspects sound really intriguing.

$20 buys you all five episodes. I think I'm in.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...-pre-purchase/
    God damn PS3... I should just get it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    God damn PS3... I should just get it.
    It's on Steam too.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    It's on Steam too.
    and XBLA.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I decided I was playing too many games at once and have decided to dedicate my time to finishing "BioShock 2" before I continue with "Fez" or "Rage".

It's cool, though repetitive. Feels like the same encounters over and over again with only the locale changing (and even that isn't as varied as it was in the first game).

I also don't like the hacking mini game as much as I did in the first one. I know people say the hacking is more streamlined in the sequel, and that it was occasionally too challenging in the first, but I liked that. I liked having to solve a puzzle. The simplified, timing-based "stop the needle on the right spot" just isn't as fun.

I'm liking the story, with the dueling philosophies of Lamb and Ryan constantly in the background of the action. And I'm genuinely curious about what twists and turns the game will have up its sleeve later on.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Do you know what the best hacking mini-game ever is?

The one in [
    ]

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    With CoD, Steam had a backlog sale over of the holidays and I picked them all up. Of the major releases, only Call of Duty 3 isn't available on PC.

I don't play multiplayer but I find the campaign pretty enjoyable, albeit very repetitive.
    Code:
    Call of Duty			10/29/2003	
    Call of Duty: United Offensive	9/14/2004	
    Call of Duty 2			10/25/2005	
    Call of Duty 3			11/7/2006	Console Only
    Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare	11/7/2007	
    Call of Duty: World at War	11/11/2008	
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2	11/10/2009	
    Call of Duty: Black Ops		11/9/2010	
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3	11/8/2011
    Do you know what the best hacking mini-game ever is?
    http://telehack.com/

Are there really so many "hacking mini-games" to choose from?

I like the ones from the Batman games. You just rotate the joysticks around.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Are there really so many "hacking mini-games" to choose from?
    Something I put together a while ago. My only mistake was putting Uplink on there since it's not a mini-game it's a full release. But my point was the concept behind it. I think Fallout has the best one.

My joke above was Bioware removed the hacking mini game entirely from ME3 because the ones that preceded it were so shitty.

I like the rune dispelling minigame in Amalur.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    and XBLA.
    Is it? Well, hot damn, I just saw that it was from a playstation.com looking website and assumed it was exclusive.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'm really looking forward to Dragon's Dogma. I've been reading that it mixes the epic, open-world exploration of Skyrim, with the tactical combat and feel of Dark Souls. I also love the western-fantasy look of it.

I can't believe I preordered it. But I preordered it.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I can't believe I preordered it. But I preordered it.
    I just pre-ordered the strategy guide on Amazon, and almost did so with the game. However, I figured I'll just pick the game up at a local store that day.

I just pre-ordered the strategy guide on Amazon, and almost did so with the game. However, I figured I'll just pick the game up at a local store that day.
    I'm curious about your decision; Amazon has same day release delivery for $1 (if you don't have prime, otherwise it's free), why not order it on Amazon and it will be at your house when you get home?

I traded NFS: Hot Pursuit in today. They gave me $15 credit for a game I paid $5 for. Jackpot!

I'm curious about your decision; Amazon has same day release delivery for $1 (if you don't have prime, otherwise it's free), why not order it on Amazon and it will be at your house when you get home?
    I have my stuff shipped to my work, and sometimes the release date shipments get here after we close, or after the mail is already distributed to the building's floors (since the post office in our building closed). Not that I need it that day. Also, there is a little mom and pop shop I've been visiting, and so I like to try to give them my business when I think of it.

[youtube]8PdGUZauShA[/youtube]

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    I know the Wii is a dead topic around here, but has anybody played Silent Hill: Shattered Memories? I'm about to move on from Goldeneye 007 and A Boy and His Blob, and I think Silent Hill is going to be my next venture, along with the Klonoa remake. As you can see, I like to play at least two games at a time, usually with a stark contrast in aesthetic and gameplay mechanics. I used to love the Silent Hill series, the last one I played was the uneven but undervalued SH4, after which my impression is that the series has lost much of its credibility. Still, this title seemed to receive some pretty strong marks, so I'm optimistic.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

I was planning on beginning my journey into Uncharted: Drakes Fortune tonight, but then I found this show called Hollywood Treasure...

Just finished "BioShock 2".

Despite it being more flawed from a design perspective, I actually found the overall experience better than the first game. I thought the ending (the one i got from saving all of the Little Sisters and not choosing to forgive the three characters) was even more affecting than the "good" ending for the first game.

I liked that your choices felt like they had some bearing on the way the story turned out - you are shaping Eleanor's view of the world, and ultimately how she deals with what has happened to you and her.

Neat that the game was both more action-oriented and more intelligent than the first.

Some of the dialogue (particularly the V/O's by Lamb) got really repetitive, but I also hunted down every single recording I could find (I even got the achievement for finding 100 of them).

Very good. Now on to "Rage"...
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I'm really looking forward to Dragon's Dogma. I've been reading that it mixes the epic, open-world exploration of Skyrim, with the tactical combat and feel of Dark Souls. I also love the western-fantasy look of it.
    I just watched a bunch of trailers on the official site. I think I'm sold. Been looking for a new RPG to sink into. Thanks, D.

It seems like there's a new medieval open world RPG coming out every week these days.

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    I know the Wii is a dead topic around here, but has anybody played Silent Hill: Shattered Memories?
    No - but I want a Wii to play it. I hear it is amazing.