Page 614 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1145145646046126136146156166246647141114 ... LastLast
Results 15,326 to 15,350 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1218365p1.html

Four new trailers for ME3.

Thanks Puft.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    17 hours in. Still have to recruit 4 more team members. Jack is still the most powerful member of the team. i think they made her too powerful.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    17 hours in. Still have to recruit 4 more team members. Jack is still the most powerful member of the team. i think they made her too powerful.
    I had all the members and played through all the DLC and I would always bring two different people with me on every mission. Just to keep things interesting.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I am really digging Reckoning. The main quest story is pretty cool. I'm a sucker for stories about stories, and that's what this is all about. There's also a faction called The House of Ballads, consisting of a group of story tellers. Their faction quests have you going around and reliving parts of famous myths and ballads. From what I've heard, it's best to be picky about and conservative with the side quests, because they are 1) kind of generic, and 2) it's very easy to out-level the game. And so I"m only taking side quests that sound interesting; in other words, I won't be anyone's mail man, nor will I collect x number of y for some potion, but I will collect the scattered bones of dead warriors to give a proper burial.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I had all the members and played through all the DLC and I would always bring two different people with me on every mission. Just to keep things interesting.
    I'm going to try that. That's a good way to mix things up.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

[youtube]q3g0ZSphEC0[/youtube]

Man, this looks pretty awesome and unlike Pinball FX2, these are actual pinball tables and more are on the way from the legends in the field, Williams, Bally, Gottlieb.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

All right, so I looked at reviews and videos for Darkness II and Reckoning. I knew Darkness II was pretty much a sure-thing. Reckoning, as I'm sure folks here are well-aware, was questionable for me. After watching the videos, however, I've changed my mind. As long as there are consequences for your actions and decisions, I'm in. And it looks bloody enough to grab me.

I'm running out now to pick up both of them. First impressions later!
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on both, Spun!

I was not too impressed with the first "Darkness" game, which was very disappointing because I freaking adored the "Chronicles of Riddick" games. My main problem with "The Darkness" was how much I hated Jackie Estacado. Just an awful character - annoying, grating, unsympathetic, and those load screens listening to him jabber on and on with the most inane bullshit while flaunting his weapons made the elevators in "Mass Effect" look ingenious.

However, the reviews and videos I've been reading/seeing make the second look like a huge improvement in almost every way. It's one I'd pick up when it's $20.

"Amalur" is one I fear might be forgotten about by me at least for a while. I'm eager to play it, but with "SSX" and "Mass Effect 3" coming out very soon - not to mention that I am still addicted to "Dark Souls" - I may not even get to try it until it comes to the $20 bins, as well.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

From the texts I've received from Spun, I think he is quite enjoying it...
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Video game event of the year happens this Tuesday: yes, Never Gonna Give You Up is coming to Rock Band. ritch:
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Looks like Reckoning is finally the game to pull me away from Dark Souls. A few nights ago I was playing it, and I wasn't thinking of playing DS, and today I fired up DS and I wanted to play Reckoning.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I was not too impressed with the first "Darkness" game, which was very disappointing because I freaking adored the "Chronicles of Riddick" games. My main problem with "The Darkness" was how much I hated Jackie Estacado. Just an awful character - annoying, grating, unsympathetic, and those load screens listening to him jabber on and on with the most inane bullshit while flaunting his weapons made the elevators in "Mass Effect" look ingenious.
    Jackie's design lends him more to goth parties than the mob. His voice doesn't quite fit with the character, either. You still listen to him jabber between missions, but you can skip it if you want. He's not sympathetic in this one, either. Not sure he's supposed to be.

Holy crap is it gory. I LOVE it. Nothing quite as satisfactory as ripping a guy's spine out through his stomach. Or tossing car doors at foes and cutting them in half. Or throwing fan blades and lopping off heads. Or throwing pipes and impaling guys against walls. It's ridiculous.

Gonna eat dinner and pop in Reckoning, next.

I ended up playing Reckoning until the wee hours. Very fun. I underestimated it. Probably going to pick it up again as soon as I've finished my coffee. I thought the character customization options were a little thin, but that's my only complaint so far. The load times are much shorter than any given Bethesda RPG.

That's pretty wicked to hear, Spun. Thanks for all the input on both titles.

Bethesda employees go Google on Skyrim during week off and create mods and new content... I WANT ALL OF THIS in the actual game.

Gotta admit, a lot of those seemed like things that should have been in the game in the first place.

Seasonal weather effects and flow-based water shading seem like weird things to have been implemented into the game after completion.

Screw that, I want mounted combat, like, yesterday.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Screw that, I want mounted combat, like, yesterday.

Another one that seems weird to not have been in the game at release.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I ended up playing Reckoning until the wee hours. Very fun. I underestimated it. Probably going to pick it up again as soon as I've finished my coffee. I thought the character customization options were a little thin, but that's my only complaint so far. The load times are much shorter than any given Bethesda RPG.
    It's really a fun game. The House of Ballads questline has been really fun, and I'm still discovering stuff in areas I've been in for hours.

Make sure you pump up the Detect Hidden skill early on - it makes exploring way more fun.

There is something about the game, though, that keeps it just shy of totally amazing. It's a very solid B-tier game, and sometimes that is exactly what I'm looking for. It reminds me a lot of Divinity II in this regard, although it's not quite as flawed as that game is.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Bethesda employees go Google on Skyrim during week off and create mods and new content... I WANT ALL OF THIS in the actual game.
    Read an article on IGN the other day about planned Skyrim DLC and most of the stuff in that video was on the list.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

It's really a fun game. The House of Ballads questline has been really fun, and I'm still discovering stuff in areas I've been in for hours.

Make sure you pump up the Detect Hidden skill early on - it makes exploring way more fun.

There is something about the game, though, that keeps it just shy of totally amazing. It's a very solid B-tier game, and sometimes that is exactly what I'm looking for. It reminds me a lot of Divinity II in this regard, although it's not quite as flawed as that game is.
    Just finished the House of Ballads questline. It was really good. I need to start doing detect hidden next. I'm at level 15 and I've focused on my lockpicking, persuasion and dispelling.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I just got Reckoning on tuesday and I've already put 18 hours in.
    TV Recently Finished:

Twisted Metal tomorrow!

26 hours into ME2; I fucked up (again) and didn't get the loyalty with Jack. The loyalty continues after her mission when she gets into a fight with Miranda. Naturally if you are trying to bone Miranda you’ll side with her, and Jack will get pissed off and not be loyal. I can’t believe I fell for it again.

more hints that we might see a Next-Gen console reveal this year. Mark Rein works at Epic.

Quote Quoting Mark Rein
    people are going to be shocked later this year when they see Unreal Engine 4 and how much more profound an effect it will have.

Reckoning ate up pretty much my entire Sunday. Yeah, terrific game. I'm going for Might/Finesse combination. I love the stealth attacks and the God-of-War-like finishing moves that you can occasionally engage in. Add in a very straightforward RPG system and it's a definite winner.