Page 451 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551951 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Nah, the ones that blow up when you hit them too many times.

I figured it out. I'm in the first dungeon now. Is there anything particular combos I need to buy? I've bought a few and the scythe, though I'm not sure I use it as much.

I bought the scythe because it looked cool but honestly I ended up never using it. It's not nearly as powerful as the sword, and later on you'll get secondary items/weapons that will push it to the back of your list of priorities.

Just buy any and all sword moves that you can. There are two moves that go really well together and I max'd those out first - the first is where you uppercut the enemy into the air with your sword, and the second is when you hold the attack button for a second and you do this giant jumping spin attack where you drill them back down into the ground and hit them like 10 times.

Also, there's a dash move that's great, where you thrust your sword forward and spear them with it. It's very strong.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Nah, the ones that blow up when you hit them too many times.

I figured it out. I'm in the first dungeon now. Is there anything particular combos I need to buy? I've bought a few and the scythe, though I'm not sure I use it as much.
    The scythe is useful for area attacks, though.

Platinum games' next game Max Anarchy:

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/platinu...ls-max-anarchy

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I only occasionally read IGN reviews, but this is really weird. I've never read a review like this. It's like it wasn't even proofread.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I'm so looking forward to Shadow of the Damned, it's not even funny.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I'm so looking forward to Shadow of the Damned, it's not even funny.
    I want a neck tattoo like that guy...

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I only occasionally read IGN reviews, but this is really weird. I've never read a review like this. It's like it wasn't even proofread.
    As someone in those comments adequately put it, IGN is not journalism, it's advertisement.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I actually like IGN and visit it quite frequently, but not for the reviews (though I do look at them).

I use it as more of a "gaming news" website.

Though if I could only ever visit one gaming site for the rest of my life, no question about it, it'd be GiantBomb.

I'm really not sure what I think of the "Bulletstorm" demo.

I hope the full game is more varied and has more techniques to add to the combo mechanic.

As it is, the demo is only 5-10 minutes long and it felt repetitive. I felt like I was just doing the same one or two combos over and over and over, with the occasional environmentally-based kill thrown in once in a while.

made it to chapter 5 in dead space 2. meh. a lot of the same from the first game. unimpressed so far.

made it to chapter 5 in dead space 2. meh. a lot of the same from the first game. unimpressed so far.

You weren't much of a fan of the first one either, if I remember correctly?

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    You weren't much of a fan of the first one either, if I remember correctly?
    Good memory. I bashed it hard on it's unoriginality. But I did beat it 3 times and enjoyed my time playing it.

I'm hating sequels right now. Every single one of them. They're all disappointing me. Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2 and now Dead Space 2.

Good memory. I bashed it hard on it's unoriginality. But I did beat it 3 times and enjoyed my time playing it.

I'm hating sequels right now. Every single one of them. They're all disappointing me. Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2 and now Dead Space 2.

I honestly cannot understand how someone could bash "Dead Space" for unoriginality, yet be so in love with "Darksiders".

And wow, you have to be the only person I have ever heard of not liking "Mass Effect 2". Even people who hated the first game seemed to love the sequel.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I honestly cannot understand how someone could bash "Dead Space" for unoriginality, yet be so in love with "Darksiders".

And wow, you have to be the only person I have ever heard of not liking "Mass Effect 2". Even people who hated the first game seemed to love the sequel.
    Good point. But the way I see it DP is one dimensional. It sets out on one purpose. A survival horror in space horror game. To do this, you need to have some good ideas? So what did they do? Stole the gemaplay from Resident Evil 4, the story from Alien and the Thing, Event Horizon, System Shock, etc etc etc/

What is Darksiders? It's a combination of 9 different games thrown into a package that the developers were not really trying to hide. They wanted to combine the best parts of their favorite games. Not to mention, War is a cool anti-hero.

I know we've been down this path before about how every story is a copy of something. I just think they were really trying to pass off their game as an original where as Darksiders comes right out and is totally not trying hide the fact the portal aspect in their game was stolen directly from portal! (or Prey )

And yes, ME2 to me was one of the worst sequels of 2010. Right next to Bioshock 2. This is coming from someone who thinks ME1 was, by far, in the top 5 of best RPGs ever created.

shit!!!

[youtube]T9e3c0k3SrQ[/youtube]

Can't really fathom how one could have completely different opinions on Mass Effect.

Can't wait for 3.

I agree on Dead Space though. Didn't dig it at all. I won't even bother with 2.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Frankly, I don't mind reboots in video games. Excited for Tomb Raider's, and I wish they'd reboot Silent Hill.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

The first real pics of Platinum Games' next offering, Anarchy Reins:

Looks like Multiplayer will have a strong focus according to some reports.

To be honest, I'm not sure this looks so hot.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Can't really fathom how one could have completely different opinions on Mass Effect.

Can't wait for 3.

I agree on Dead Space though. Didn't dig it at all. I won't even bother with 2.
    Mass Effect 2 was a dumbed down RPG. That's why. I want RPG qualities in my RPG game. I don't want upgrades to be automatic. The game was smaller in scale. The entire game was recruiting your team and one finale mission that pertained to the main plot. It beat it twice... but I played it for the story. The game itself is a poor sequel and the scanning of the planets was and still is the worst thing in all of video game.

Well, I just jumped into Mass Effect 2 and although I've no doubt it'll be quite a ride, I have to admit that what was the most boring part of the original, was oddly enough also, somehow, memorable. I'm talking about the huge planetscapes that could be traversed with the Mako. Barren, not particularly much to see, which is of course exactly how it's supposed to be. I think that made it feel really exciting, every probe found hardly relevant to the main quest, but it made me think. Who launched it? Why? Or an escape pod. Who was this person/creature? Did he or she (it?) survive? Stuff like that.
    I understand the planetside action in ME2 is more focused, planets are smaller. Perhaps that will result in an experience which is merely different rather than inferior. I believe that's how I'll feel at the end. But I'm not even close to the end.

@Duke: Are upgrades really automatic? This cannot be switched off? I'm pretty certain I've carried a few of them out myself.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

David Milch is writing a Heavy Rain movie.

WAT.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    The first real pics of Platinum Games' next offering, Anarchy Reins:
    Wow, looks kinda neat and HOLY CRAP CHECK OUT THE TURD CUTTER ON THAT BROAD.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    David Milch is writing a Heavy Rain movie.

WAT.
    Ha. Where's that info?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter