Page 441 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451491541941 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

I really wanted to try that one, DaMU. Another one that's supposed to be a surprisingly decent horror release for the Wii is "Cursed Mountain".

"Bayonetta" - I LOL'd when I noticed the 4-gun set called "Scarborough Fair", and the guns individually are called "Parsley", "Sage", "Rosemary" and "Thyme".
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

I really want to play Bayonetta but I'm afraid it will be too impossible for my feeble brain to handle. I don't want another broken controller.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    The FBI guy was killed because I couldn't push five buttons at the same time. Everyone else lived.
    Oh... Yeah... The father was killed in a rain (heh) of bullets. Sad times.

Pretty mopey all around despite having the kid live.

Killer gets away, dad dies, fbi dies, lady remains alone and haunted...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    I really want to play Bayonetta but I'm afraid it will be too impossible for my feeble brain to handle. I don't want another broken controller.

Have you ever played "Devil May Cry"?

It's pretty much another "Devil May Cry" game, with a different aesthetic.

Think a Japanese "God of War".

It's all just timing-based combos, and they're not particularly difficult to get right. It's quite forgiving, particularly when compared to the more grueling action games like the "Ninja Gaiden" series.

My strategy comes down to "when in doubt, DODGE".

Some of the fights in Bayonetta are so hair-raisingly fast that I'm reeling after, or during, them. Mind, the game is certainly fair and superbly designed in terms of moves etc..., but boy can that shit get frenetic.

But get it right and you'll feel like a million bucks!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Got an Amazon GC for xmas this year from my boss. I just ordered:

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
    Bayonetta
    Enslaved

Very good choices, D. I have heard nothing but great things about "Enslaved".

I know nothing about "Majin", other than I like its cover Is it based on an existing property? An anime or something?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I have not at all had the same problems with Fallout New Vegas that Eyes Wide Open had. They fixed the companion bug, you just need to download the patch that came out like 3 weeks ago, then go to your world map and it should have an indicator showing you where your companion is. One thing which happened to me was my companion collapsed by some deathclaws and I warped away and the game kept my companion near the deathclaws so I had to go save him before I could get it. Also the freezing happened randomly but never in the same place and always many hours apart. The game froze for me the same amount that Fallout 3 did however so all it did was remind me to save often.

It's pretty much the exact same game as Fallout 3 but in a different location, but that's exactly what I wanted. I wanted another Fallout 3 and that's what I got. I actually want them to make another one with pretty much the exact same things. I've always been a fan of that sort of thing. Once there is a game style that you find to be perfect you leave it there. I was a huge fan of the Tony Hawk series and at Underground 2 they perfected it, but then instead of just keeping with that style they had to keep "perfecting" it until it was ruined and awful. I could play that game forever if it continued to just have more levels and more challenges.
    All that patch did was show me the spot where my companion disappeared on the map. ED-E exploded and disappeared. The patch now makes it so the map shows me where he's supposed to be but he's not there. According to the NPC's in the game he is next to me. When I try to choose Rex he growls at ED-E even though he's not there.

This breaks the game for me because there are now quests and achievements I can't do unless I restart my game.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I wonder if that PS3 games "The Last Guardian" is ever going to come out.

I remember looking at shots and trailers for it 2, if not 3 years ago. It looked like it was pretty much finished.

It looks like a beautiful game, and also seems like it'll be utterly heart-breaking.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Very good choices, D. I have heard nothing but great things about "Enslaved".

I know nothing about "Majin", other than I like its cover Is it based on an existing property? An anime or something?
    Yeah, I can't wait to play Enslaved. Really excited to see what they do with the Journey to the West story.

I don't think Majin is based on anything. It looks like a poor man's Ico or something. Heard it's decent.

Man - I love being a year behind on games. I can get the 2010 games I want to play for so cheap now!

Playing Bioshock alone in the dark for my first time was not the best idea. After the first Big Daddy attack, I immediately turned on all the lights.
    Sure why not?

- Stay Puft

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I really wanted to try that one, DaMU. Another one that's supposed to be a surprisingly decent horror release for the Wii is "Cursed Mountain".
    My original post mentioned Cursed. I decided to start over on that one, since it'd been months and months since I stopped playing it. In fact, I bet that my original comments on the game (from months ago) are where you're getting the "surprisingly decent" stuff from.

And I'd say it's up from "surprisingly decent" to "good." I think the team spent a lot of time on the Himalayan environments and architecture, because the cut-scenes are motion comics and the journal entries are screens full of tiny text. Neither does the Wii any favors. Still, the atmosphere in the game is nice and eerie.

I fought a giant spirit bird with my third eye powers.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Playing Bioshock alone in the dark for my first time was not the best idea. After the first Big Daddy attack, I immediately turned on all the lights.

Yeah, it's a pretty scary game. Though I honestly find the splicers a lot scarier than the Big Daddies - those guys are just intimidating.

Some incredible sound design in "BioShock", too. What system are you playing it on? Sorry if you mentioned it before and I'm forgetting.

Quote Quoting DaMU
    My original post mentioned Cursed.
    D'oh!

I've been relatively sporadic on here while I'm in NYC so I'm missing some stuff.

I'm playing it on PS3.

I've already died multiple times fighting the Big Daddies. This game is hard.
    Sure why not?

- Stay Puft

Anyone know how much X-Men Arcade is on XBL?

After sinking 40 hours in Twilight Princess I'm still on video game hiatus. Still debating what to tackle next. Alone In The Dark, Metroid Prime 3...

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Omg. Who's playing Amnesia???
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

A Long Way to Tipperary MacGuffin's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I haven't played it (I have a 10.4 Mac), but I've seen Let's Play videos on YouTube and it looks amazing. I'm all for point-and-click throwbacks!

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting MacGuffin (view post)
    I haven't played it (I have a 10.4 Mac), but I've seen Let's Play videos on YouTube and it looks amazing. I'm all for point-and-click throwbacks!
    This is one... awesomely, spooky, immersing game.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Anyone know how much X-Men Arcade is on XBL?
    It was either 600 or 800, I'm leaning toward 800. I don't remember the conversion to regular monies. 8 bucks?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    It was either 600 or 800, I'm leaning toward 800. I don't remember the conversion to regular monies. 8 bucks?
    Their isn't any games that are just 600 (they go in 400, 800, 1200, 1600 increments), unless their are on sale. It's 800 points which is $10.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

What is it?

And yeah, Bioshock is pretty creepy. The Big Daddies are frustrating, but it's the sound design that makes it terrifying, as well as the occassional guy stalking you. You turn around and he's right there with a crowbar. Good lord...

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Cool. It doesn't matter either way, its frickin' X-MEN ARCADE!

Director
    This is one... awesomely, spooky, immersing game.
    Have you played Penumbra? And if so, how was it in comparison? I got bored before I finished Overture.

I wonder if that PS3 games "The Last Guardian" is ever going to come out.

I remember looking at shots and trailers for it 2, if not 3 years ago. It looked like it was pretty much finished.

It looks like a beautiful game, and also seems like it'll be utterly heart-breaking.
    Ueda's team has the luxury of taken their time to finish it, which is why they haven't locked down a release date. I think it's expected to come out this Fall, in Japan at least.

The first video that hit the Internet was like a prerendered concept video that the game makers were aiming at being able to render in-engine (the same video was effectively remade like a year later running from inside the game). Based on the strength of Colossus and Ico, I can't wait.

IIRC, the first video was effectively leaked so they decided to make it official when they unveiled it. They seem to be intentionally keeping it under wraps so it doesn't life and die its full life in the obnoxious video game press cycle and people get bored with it before they even can touch it.

Director
    I know I'm late to the game but I cannot stop playing Minecraft.

I need help.