Page 401 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411451501901 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I posted pages back how good Darksiders is. It borrows from like, 6 games, but it's fun as hell.
    It's a total pastiche, but a very, very good one.

I'm glad you came around to Halo, meg. I remember awhile ago you not really being into these games. They're really fun.

I remember you comparing them to a box of bland cereal once, or something, and complaining about the lack of interesting level design and enemies.

I still need to play ODST.

Playing Halo 3 multiplayer was a total blast. One of the most fun times I've had playing games with my friends.

Ya know, I never got into the Halo series. I never had an XBox, and by the time I finally joined the current gen two summers ago, there was such a backlist of games I wanted to play, that the Halo games weren't even on my radar. The games look pretty fun, tho.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Ya know, I never got into the Halo series. I never had an XBox, and by the time I finally joined the current gen two summers ago, there was such a backlist of games I wanted to play, that the Halo games weren't even on my radar. The games look pretty fun, tho.
    Definitely worth playing. They're really a lot of fun. Just really solid.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    I'm glad you came around to Halo, meg. I remember awhile ago you not really being into these games. They're really fun.

I remember you comparing them to a box of bland cereal once, or something, and complaining about the lack of interesting level design and enemies.

I still need to play ODST.

Playing Halo 3 multiplayer was a total blast. One of the most fun times I've had playing games with my friends.

I have to admit I just kind of got sucked into the "Halo-bashing" myself. Military shooters became the craze, and I definitely started to prefer the "one shot kill realism" of those.

But you know what? Yeah, the "Halo" games are a helluva lot of fun. The universe is very cool, and everything from the writing to the design is just top-notch.

I strongly suggest you try out "ODST". It may be the best game in the series. At least, from a story-telling perspective. It's a mystery and played out in a very unique way.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I strongly suggest you try out "ODST". It may be the best game in the series. At least, from a story-telling perspective. It's a mystery and played out in a very unique way.
    Yeah, it sounds really interesting. I've heard that even the score is different, more noir-like with its use of sax. It looks really cool. I'll definitely check it out at some point.

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Yeah, it sounds really interesting. I've heard that even the score is different, more noir-like with its use of sax. It looks really cool. I'll definitely check it out at some point.

Yeah, I've been re-listening to the score today. Great stuff.

That's something top-notch about every "Halo" game - Martin O'Donnell's music is second to none.

The main Halo theme always gets me.

Halo: Combat Evolved was an immense experience. The story wasn't particularly amazing, but the setting sure was. Which kinda sealed the deal for me. Combat was difficult, definitely required patience, endurance and so on, but I really dug it. Brothers in Arms is a great Halo track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbkQ99OxQJU
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

This track is amazing...

[youtube]oE31xD1b9bA[/youtube]

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I've tried the first three Halo games, both Gears of Wars, the last two Call of Duty's and these type of games are just not for me. I'm not interested in playing competitive multiplayer and these aren't the type of single player experiences I'm looking for.

I actually played all the way through the first Gears and Call of Duty 4 because of people raving about them and I couldn't have been less interested.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    I've tried the first three Halo games, both Gears of Wars, the last two Call of Duty's and these type of games are just not for me. I'm not interested in playing competitive multiplayer and these aren't the type of single player experiences I'm looking for.

I actually played all the way through the first Gears and Call of Duty 4 because of people raving about them and I couldn't have been less interested.

So are you just not much of a shooter fan?

What types of single player games do you like?

So are you just not much of a shooter fan?

What types of single player games do you like?
    I just played 80 hours of Fallout 3 and I love that game. Also have played all of Mass Effect 2 and all its DLC love that.

Other recent games I really liked:

Limbo, Alan Wake, Borderlands, Bioshock 2, Red Dead Redemption, Deadly Premonition, Darksiders, God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 5, Batman: Arkham Asylum.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I just played 80 hours of Fallout 3 and I love that game. Also have played all of Mass Effect 2 and all its DLC love that.

Other recent games I really liked:

Limbo, Alan Wake, Borderlands, Bioshock 2, Red Dead Redemption, Deadly Premonition, Darksiders, God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Resident Evil 5, Batman: Arkham Asylum.

"Fallout 3" really isn't a shooter, though. It's first person and has shooting, but it's an RPG.

So yeah, it seems from your tastes that you're not too into the core shooter experience. Even the few shooter-esque games on your list ("Bioshock" and "Borderlands") are very heavily RPG focused.

A Long Way to Tipperary MacGuffin's Avatar
    Mass Effect is the one game I really regret trading in. I got stuck on the planet with all the snow and now I really want to give it another try because the sci-fi world and the different planets really intrigues me. Probably try to get it from Goozex in the future. Will probably trade in Borderlands (which has some cool guns and little else) and Ninja Gaiden II (which is probably a great game, but I don't really like video games enough to clock hours and hours trying to beat a single boss early in the game).

Man, Darksiders continues to be awesome. I'm just playing it in little chunks, and even though it's a sprawling adventure game it does lend itself well to this style of play. I absolutely love the setting, and the graphics are amazing. Also, the combat, while somewhat simple, is completely satisfying. As a Zelda-clone, I'd say it's on par with Beyond Good & Evil, and I like it more than any Zelda game I've played since the first. It's simply a fantastically well-made game. I hope it sold well, because it deserves to be mega-popular.

Time Crisis remains the best FPS of all time.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Mine mine mine mine mine FUCKING RELEASE IT ALREADY.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I fucking love Ico. I've only played a couple hours of Shadow of the Colossus so I'm looking forward to this collection.
    TV Recently Finished:

"Halo: Reach" is quite an amazing package. An incredible amount of content. I'm going to be spending a lot of time on this one.

On the XBL dashboard there's a limited time only link to get a year of gold for $30 for anyone who was complaining about the price increase.
    TV Recently Finished:

On the XBL dashboard there's a limited time only link to get a year of gold for $30 for anyone who was complaining about the price increase.

Must be USA only. I don't see it on there.

Must be USA only. I don't see it on there.
    It's on the spotlight tab and the advertisements rotate so if you don't see it keep checking back and it should appear. It'll say 40% of gold and a Halo avatar helmet.
    TV Recently Finished:

Is anyone else buying "Halo: Reach"?

I'd really like someone to play Firefight with.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Mine mine mine mine mine FUCKING RELEASE IT ALREADY.

Holy fuck, finally it's official. I never played the originals, but this will be acquired foah shoa!

And yeah, Time Crisis was awesome, especially the sequel. Although it's a pity they always treated these games the same. Three levels, terrible voice acting, pitiful story. It didn't really bother me, but imagine a Time Crisis shooter where every little aspect is of the highest order.

Perhaps Namco could release a Time Crisis collection with also Crisis Zone which I never played.

And then Sega could do the same with a Daytona USA collection.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]