Page 265 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1652152552632642652662672753153657651265 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Who the hell pissed in your cereal today?
    In my defense, since I wasn't being sarcastic (I understand you initially assumed otherwise but I didn't realize that at the time) you can understand how your replies would come off as being smugly indifferent. This wasn't the case, and since it wasn't, I'm sorry for having been too precipitate with my comments.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    In my defense, since I wasn't being sarcastic (I understand you initially assumed otherwise but I didn't realize that at the time) you can understand how your replies would come off as being smugly indifferent. This wasn't the case, and since it wasn't, I'm sorry for having been too precipitate with my comments.

It's fine. I trust we're all good

But seriously, dude, it's a 30 second segment in the game that isn't pertinent to the plot. I really wouldn't worry about it.

And again, my apologies.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

It's fine. I trust we're all good

But seriously, dude, it's a 30 second segment in the game that isn't pertinent to the plot. I really wouldn't worry about it.
    I'm just overly nitpicky when it comes to spoilers and honestly, it's mostly because that part just sounds really cool (even though I know nothing about the context or the details) so that's why I instantly wished I hadn't read about it. No worries, though.

Fuck you, Microsoft.

PS3 is being purchased tomorrow.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    So I'm curious: how does Arkham Asylum handle Batman killing people?
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    So I'm curious: how does Arkham Asylum handle Batman killing people?

You can't actively kill someone. Like, once a thug is unconscious, you cannot hit him anymore.

However, there are situations where you have to rescue someone from being killed. Either it's on a timer, or, say, a room is filled with guys with guns and there's a hostage, and you have to take them all out one-by-one without them seeing you.

If a hostage is killed, you have to start the mission over.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Finished up Arkham Asylum and loved every minute of it. I beat the game on normal and finished up all the Riddler challenges and unlocked everything. The only things I have left to get 100% complete on the game is those challenge rooms and I played a few and didn't really care for them.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Download the Arkham Asylum demo. Everything I've seen makes me think it's not really for me, but you guys seems to be having fun with it, so I'll see what's what.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Download the Arkham Asylum demo. Everything I've seen makes me think it's not really for me, but you guys seems to be having fun with it, so I'll see what's what.
    I never played the demo so I can't say if that's a fair representation or not but yeah I think you would enjoy it. Even if I wasn't a huge Batman fan it would still be a fantastic game. The closest game I can compare it to is Bioshock in which the main focus of the game is on exploration and being immersed in the game world.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I really like those stealth challenge rooms, but I don't care for the combat ones. I can't get a good combo going on. I guess I just suck at it.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    I really like those stealth challenge rooms, but I don't care for the combat ones. I can't get a good combo going on. I guess I just suck at it.

I've gotten a 26 hit combo.

Just get the timing right. Unlike a lot of action games where combos come into play, it's not a case of speed. It's actually a pretty slow rhythm you need to work up the combos.

It's especially awesome when you're upgraded to do the throws and instant take-downs after 5-6 hit combos.

But yeah, still haven't worked my way back to where I was when the game ate my save file :evil:

Astro Boy: Omega Factor is incredible.

So is Mirror's Edge's time trials mode. After spending about an hour doing time trials, my main motivation for doing the story mode will be to unlock more time trials maps.

Bonk returns on XBLA:

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I've gotten a 26 hit combo.

Just get the timing right. Unlike a lot of action games where combos come into play, it's not a case of speed. It's actually a pretty slow rhythm you need to work up the combos.

It's especially awesome when you're upgraded to do the throws and instant take-downs after 5-6 hit combos.

But yeah, still haven't worked my way back to where I was when the game ate my save file :evil:
    Yeah, I know what you mean. But I always screw up when I get in the mid-20's with a combo. When I get those critical strikes going on, I always end up with no one standing anymore and forget to to a ground takedown. Oh well, I think I will just skip the challenges.

I think I will start my second run soon.

Bioshock 2 multiplayer footage. I think it looks horrible. I wish they would've spent this effort in refining the single player campaign.

Arkham Asylum is indeed awesome.

PS3's not bad.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

IGN did this little quick look at "No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle", and it looks fantastic.

Graphics have really been improved. Looks very attractive.

Can't wait!

Finished Wolfenstein today. It wasn't very good.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Finished Wolfenstein today. It wasn't very good.

Yeah this looks like a very bland FPS.

Yeah this looks like a very bland FPS.
    Yep, it was nothing special. I liked it at first, but there's after a while it gets very repetitive. The game is very unbalanced and the boss battles sucked too.

New Left 4 Dead 2 special infected, the Jockey:

So, I think these are all the new infected for now: Charger, Spitter, Jockey and the wandering Witch. Well technically the Witch is not new.

They showed some more of the new campaign Dark Carnival at PAX '09. It has zombies in clown clothing with squeaky shoes that attract other zombies. Can't wait for this game.

I'll just post the awesome teaser trailer too again for those who are interested.

Now THAT'S what I call a trailer!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Yeah, these are fake. But so nice. Especially that last one.

Gosh, it will great when they actually reveal this thing.

Is "Half Life 3" something that's actually going to happen?

Since "HL2: Episode 3" hasn't even released yet, I didn't realize there was even talk of a third full installation yet.

Nah, I don't think there is. They're still planning on releasing Episode 3 and that's about as much as Valve has said in regards to the future of the series, I believe. That logo on the first picture is just something that was slapped onto there by whoever put it together.