Page 260 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1602102502582592602612622703103607601260 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Shadow Complex continues to blow my mind with awesomeness.

If you have a 360, this is the game you should be playing. The amount of polish and craftsmanship put into this game is incredible. It's going to give SFIV a run for the money when it comes to my game of the year.

It is absolutely perfectly paced. Each new carrot is dangling just out of reach from the last, making it nearly impossible to put down. The devs have spaced things the optimum distance apart from one another. Every 5-15 minutes you're discovering something new, something awesome, and something that keeps you wanting to play. The only other game I've ever played that understands pacing as well is Diablo 2.
    Yesterday the base appeared completely flooded and I had just acquired the scuba gear. Restoration soldiers were floating everywhere, classical music was playing. Yeah, that was incredible. The game still doesn't pose much of a challenge, but it is tons of fun.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

ack! too many games, too little time! and here I am wanting to get one of those PS3 slims too.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Yesterday the base appeared completely flooded and I had just acquired the scuba gear. Restoration soldiers were floating everywhere, classical music was playing. Yeah, that was incredible. The game still doesn't pose much of a challenge, but it is tons of fun.
    Yeah - the flood part was awesome. Great use of music to add to the atmosphere.

It's not very challenging, no, but that's cool. I've died a few times.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    ack! too many games, too little time! and here I am wanting to get one of those PS3 slims too.
    Its only a matter of time before a Wii graces the Scar household.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

What's this about a new Final Fantasy game coming out this week?
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    What's this about a new Final Fantasy game coming out this week?
    It's a fighting game. All the main characters and villains from FF 1-12.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    It's a fighting game. All the main characters and villains from FF 1-12.
    Ew.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Ha:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It's a really weird fighting game. Running around buildings, flying in the air, stealing "bravery" to do high HP damage. I played the demo. I didn't quite know what to make of it.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    It's a really weird fighting game. Running around buildings, flying in the air, stealing "bravery" to do high HP damage. I played the demo. I didn't quite know what to make of it.
    i remember's square's fighting game for the psone ehrgeiz was pretty weird too. and that one had characters from ff7

Finished Prince of Persia for the 360. I liked the casual platforming a lot and the artstyle, but that was about it. I think this game has the worst combat system I have ever experienced in a game. The prince is supposed to be an agile guy but he moves like a tank and all the fights in the game are QTE fests. The button input doesn't alway register and the time you get to click a button is way too short.

There's must've been another reprint of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. If you want one of the greatest RPGs ever made, you can snag this one now on Amazon new for $30.

There's must've been another reprint of Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. If you want one of the greatest RPGs ever made, you can snag this one now on Amazon new for $30.
    Nice!

It's strange that things such as video games, things printed on digital media that can be reprinted indefinitely, wind up being "collectors" items. It's really silly. Especially when the original devs and publishers don't see any of the money being made on the secondary market.

So it's good to see a quality game back on the market for an affordable price.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    Finished Prince of Persia for the 360. I liked the casual platforming a lot and the artstyle, but that was about it. I think this game has the worst combat system I have ever experienced in a game. The prince is supposed to be an agile guy but he moves like a tank and all the fights in the game are QTE fests. The button input doesn't alway register and the time you get to click a button is way too short.
    Agreed on the combat system. It's bad.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Nice!

It's strange that things such as video games, things printed on digital media that can be reprinted indefinitely, wind up being "collectors" items. It's really silly. Especially when the original devs and publishers don't see any of the money being made on the secondary market.

So it's good to see a quality game back on the market for an affordable price.
    Yeah, I actually picked up a second copy. Not to squat on it and turn a profit, but rather to have a second copy to lend and I think sell to someone I know who wants it but hasn't had the money for it recently.

I would totally buy all those "Shin Megami Tensei" games if I had a PS2.

I was very disappointed when I read that PS3 is not backwards compatible, because I was hoping to stock up on all the PS2 games I missed.

I refuse to buy both the PS2 and PS3, so I dunno. Maybe I'll just get neither and continue enjoying my 360 and Wii.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Man, if I had to get rid of every system I owned but one, I'd save the PS2.

Man, if I had to get rid of every system I owned but one, I'd save the PS2.
    I'd save my PS3 since it also plays PS2 and PS1 games.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I'd save my PS3 since it also plays PS2 and PS1 games.
    My original PS3 took a shit awhile back, and needs its hard drive redone by Sony, according to the engineers at my wife's work. They can do a lot to fix PS3's, 'cept for redoing the harddrive. I'll be damned if I'm gonna send it in to Sony, and pay $150 just for them to look at it, plus whatever else its gonna take to take care of the hard drive.

So, my current PS3 does not play PS2 games, but I have a PS2 hooked up to the TV downstairs.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I hear Sony is working on some firmware to make all PS3's backward compatible.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    That would dominate.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    My original PS3 took a shit awhile back, and needs its hard drive redone by Sony, according to the engineers at my wife's work. They can do a lot to fix PS3's, 'cept for redoing the harddrive. I'll be damned if I'm gonna send it in to Sony, and pay $150 just for them to look at it, plus whatever else its gonna take to take care of the hard drive.

So, my current PS3 does not play PS2 games, but I have a PS2 hooked up to the TV downstairs.
    Very unfortunate. I've logged maaaaaaaannny hours on my 60GB PS3. Works wonderfully.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Very unfortunate. I've logged maaaaaaaannny hours on my 60GB PS3. Works wonderfully.
    Oh, many an hour was logged into my old tank. Took a shit during RE5.

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)

I guarantee if my PS3 shits itself, I will not buy another. I may buy a Blu-Ray player, but I will not get another PS3. (This is not me saying, "I'll go buy an Xbox instead!" It's me saying I'm tired of the general direction these video gaming companies are going.)
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Has in the past week been denied by a Sony Head honcho as "ain't gonna happen."

http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/20/koll...-be-returning/
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]