Page 254 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1542042442522532542552562643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    I understand you, but life is ugly, and it's full of disease and heartache and loss and pain and ass-backwards ideologies and bad art and bad games and bad people. To ignore half of all existence seems to me... unhealthy, in some abstract way, and not just on a personal level but for everybody. You won't find anyone who appreciates the beauty of experience more than me, but let's be realistic here.
    I agree. But I wasn't really talking about real life things like hunger, disease, bad people, war, and all that jazz. I was mainly just talking about stuff like games and movies. I don't ignore that real stuff - on the contrary, I do what I can to tackle those things head on.

Is everybody (anybody?) here a member of the ECA?

http://action.theeca.com/t/2858/camp...paign_KEY=2865

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    I ended up canceling my Madcatz joystick order.
    Can't say as I blame ya. SF4 actually works pretty well with the regular Xbox Controller, once you get used to the Hard Kick/Hard Punch being the right trigger and bumper buttons, respectively.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Can't say as I blame ya. SF4 actually works pretty well with the regular Xbox Controller, once you get used to the Hard Kick/Hard Punch being the right trigger and bumper buttons, respectively.
    We'll see how this fight pad works out, until I save the $$$ for a super joy stick.

I just have years of joy stick experience built up, and my muscle memory is very strong with these motions. It's going to take awhile to relearn.

The fight pad seems nice, though. I like the oversized D-pad and buttons.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    They are, for the most part.

I don't see how this is even a debate. 95% of the games that are made and released are shit, just like with films, and just like with books. It's always been this way.

Anyway, my original post was a knee-jerk reaction to Acapelli's own knee-jerk reaction that Pac Man CE somehow isn't "modern." If that isn't modern gaming, I want no part of what is.
    well i assumed it was just the old pac man with updated graphics as these things usually go

Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)
    your views on david lynch invalidate anything you could possibly have to say to me.

so that's a "yes."
    Oooh nooo, the guy who got drugged up and crashed his family's car doesn't think my opinion is valid! Mine life is destroyed!!
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

pushing too many pencils Rowland's Avatar
    I've been playing the original Pac-Man on my DS every time I use the toilet, and sometimes to help me fall asleep. That game is still addicting, especially once you achieve a high score that seems impossible to crack! That's it, I'm getting a new score tonight... possibly while shitting.

Also bought Tomb Raider: Legend for the PS2 tonight, hope it's fun.
    Letterboxd rating scale:
    The Long Riders (Hill) ***
    Furious 7 (Wan) **½
    Hard Times (Hill) ****½
    Another 48 Hrs. (Hill) ***
    /48 Hrs./ (Hill) ***½
    The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (Besson) ***
    /Unknown/ (Collet-Serra) ***½
    Animal (Simmons) **

Quote Quoting Rowland (view post)
    That's it, I'm getting a new score tonight... possibly while shitting.
    Whenever someone accuses you of coming across as too affected/sounding like a rigid movie newspaper advertisement or whatever... you should just quote this.

Banned
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Oooh nooo, the guy who got drugged up and crashed his family's car doesn't think my opinion is valid! Mine life is destroyed!!
    that's a pretty fucking tacky thing to say.

also, i wasn't on drugs, you twit.

Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)
    that's a pretty fucking tacky thing to say.

also, i wasn't on drugs, you twit.
    If he didn't, someone else would have.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

So anyways...

"'Splosion Man" is getting mighty hard. But I am steadfast in my resolve to never skip any levels. I've beaten everything so far, and I'm on level 3-2 now.

Unlike "N+". I think I quit that at about world 4, it got too damn frustrating.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Fat Princess is probably the first online game that grabbed my attention, quick and simple to get into (after Titan Studios solved most connection problems from the first days of course), it feels like a chaotic mayhew at first, but once you get the hang of things and players are acting with a little coordination, it becomes immensely enjoyable.

Hopefully they'll add more content or it may get old pretty fast, though, since it's a small downloadable game it has very few maps and modes.

I don't know. I haven't actually counted everything.
    me neither, i'm too busy playing great games, new and old.

Banned
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    If he didn't, someone else would have.
    oh

arkham asylum is pretty fun, if a little uninspired

Just finished my first speed run of RE5. It took me 4:00:54. Fast enough to be rewarded with the infinite rocket launcher! This will make veteran and professional difficulty a whole lot easier I think.

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    arkham asylum is pretty fun, if a little uninspired
    That's out already?

Anyone got Halo Wars? My roommate got it yesterday. Pretty fun.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    That's out already?
    Demo.

Demo.
    NICE.

Love these demos. If Ghostbusters' demo came out earlier, I don't think I would've bought it. On the flip side, if Halo Wars didn't have a demo, I'd never have recommended my roomie to buy it.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    NICE.

Love these demos. If Ghostbusters' demo came out earlier, I don't think I would've bought it. On the flip side, if Halo Wars didn't have a demo, I'd never have recommended my roomie to buy it.
    Yeah - demos are one of my favorite things of this generation.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I've played maybe one demo in the whole time I've had a 360/PS3. I avoid them for games I'm interested in the same way I avoid when they put up the first ten minutes of a movie as a preview online.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Wow. Gabe (from PA of course) did this epic D&D battle where the party falls straight to the center of the earth while fighting a dragon in free fall.

This is how they did the board:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Wow. Gabe (from PA of course) did this epic D&D battle where the party falls straight to the center of the earth while fighting a dragon in free fall.

This is how they did the board:
    http://www.match-cut.org/showthread.php?t=2140
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Okay, Little King's Story is pretty great. 5 hours in and kind of in love with it. If you have a Wii, you should buy this.

I wonder if one of the characters was Winston*

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

If you've prepped your party for Emerald and Ruby Weapon, Sephiroth is a cream puff, even w/o Knights of the Round Table.

Quadra Slash for the win, yo.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”