Page 251 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1512012412492502512522532613013517511251 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    I picked up Resident Evil 5, Far Cry 2 and Street Fighter 4 today. Having a gaming weekend these next few days.
    I might bust out RE5 with a friend on Saturday. Haven't played it in awhile, but I've got plenty of weapons unlocked/maxed out.

And I unlocked the chick's tribal outfit. Oh my.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

I picked up Resident Evil 5, Far Cry 2 and Street Fighter 4 today. Having a gaming weekend these next few days.
    Play SF4 LAST. Once you partake of its awesomeness, all those other mere games will be quickly forgotten.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Well, my copy of Far Cry 2 isn't working. I'll have to go back to the store tomorrow, let's see if it can be exchanged. I'm getting unreadable disc errors when I put the game in, haven't had this error with any games before. Also, the disc looks brand new and has no dirt or scratches on it so it's weird that I get this error...

I also played a bit of RE5, I like it so far. Game looks really good. Just killed 1 enemy so far haha!

As for, SFIV....holy crap I must be the world's worst SFIV player. I cannot beat Zangief with Ryu on medium in arcade mode... he is kicking my ass so hard. I tried for half an hour and gave up! I'm horrible and really in need of some practice haha. I also have to get used to the controls. BTW, how do you guys play it, do you use the analog stick or the little pad on the controller to move?

As for, SFIV....holy crap I must be the world's worst SFIV player. I cannot beat Zangief with Ryu on medium in arcade mode... he is kicking my ass so hard. I tried for half an hour and gave up! I'm horrible and really in need of some practice haha. I also have to get used to the controls. BTW, how do you guys play it, do you use the analog stick or the little pad on the controller to move?
    The Gief is tough. The best advice I have for dealing with him is what Dan Davis told me - keep jumping and stay the hell away from him as much as you can.

I personally use the analog stick. Takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, it's WAY easier to pull off special moves with it. I might eventually pick up a joystick for it, but those are hard to come by, it would seem.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

My arcade stick broke three weeks ago - haven't touched SFIV since. I miss it dearly. I'm probably going to drop the $150 on the pro-stick.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    My arcade stick broke three weeks ago - haven't touched SFIV since. I miss it dearly. I'm probably going to drop the $150 on the pro-stick.
    Are those even in stock yet? Everywhere I checked, they were backordered.

What is a good brand of stick? Is Hori good? What is considered the best one?

What is a good brand of stick? Is Hori good? What is considered the best one?
    I had the Hori EX stick. It was good, but broke after around 200 hours of play. It's affordable (~$60), but all the parts are soldered to the CPU, so you can't replace them when they break (two of my buttons stopped working). The Madcatz standard stick is ~$80, but all the parts are easily changeable. So when the buttons break you can replace them with genuine Sanwa parts. Sanwa buttons are top of the line, and run ~$7 each. I've heard that out of the box the Madcatz stick feels a little cheap, but it is easily modified.

There are also better sticks for about $150 that come with all Sanwa parts.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Are those even in stock yet? Everywhere I checked, they were backordered.
    Amazon has them.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    I had the Hori EX stick. It was good, but broke after around 200 hours of play. It's affordable (~$60), but all the parts are soldered to the CPU, so you can't replace them when they break (two of my buttons stopped working). The Madcatz standard stick is ~$80, but all the parts are easily changeable. So when the buttons break you can replace them with genuine Sanwa parts. Sanwa buttons are top of the line, and run ~$7 each. I've heard that out of the box the Madcatz stick feels a little cheap, but it is easily modified.

There are also better sticks for about $150 that come with all Sanwa parts.
    Thanks for this informative post. I can get a Hori EX stick for about 70 euro here. The Madcatz is about 90 euro. Is it hard to replace the parts yourself if a button breaks? I also saw a couple Mad Catz Street Fighter pads, which look pretty interesting. I think I might get a pad or a stick...not sure yet which one.

Thanks for this informative post. I can get a Hori EX stick for about 70 euro here. The Madcatz is about 90 euro. Is it hard to replace the parts yourself if a button breaks? I also saw a couple Mad Catz Street Fighter pads, which look pretty interesting. I think I might get a pad or a stick...not sure yet which one.
    The Madcatz ones can be modified easily - from what I hear. They have quick release wiring. The stick comes with a square gate (4-way). I prefer square gates, you may not. You can swap it out for an octo-gate.

http://www.eventhubs.com/articles/20...ontroller-faq/

It's Eventhubs, so it's gotta be legit.

Are these sticks easy to modify and replace parts?

Yes. One unique feature about how the parts are installed on both sticks is that they are connected to the main electronics PCB of the controller via quick disconnect wiring. Quick disconnect wiring is something that has been used in arcades for a long time now and allow for easy replacement of the existing buttons. As long as the measurements are the same (30mm), you’ll be able to easily unplug the existing button’s quick disconnect terminal, pop out the button and replace it with the new one you’d like to install, then plug the quick disconnect terminal back into the new button, and just like that, you have yourself an easy and painless mod.

The arcade stick portion of both FightSticks, have been engineered with a special mounting plate that is compatible with almost all Japanese style arcade sticks. Obviously it fits Sanwa JLF arcade sticks but it will also fit standard Seimitsu LS-32-01 arcade sticks. They connect easily using the standard 5 pin connector into the separate PCB of the arcade stick component.

If most of the terminology here is too geeky and far fetched for you to comprehend… The bottom line is that BOTH Street Fighter IV FightSticks have been designed for easy customization and the ability to swap out parts painlessly. It should be noted that opening up the FightSticks will void your warranty, but if you know what you’re doing you should be fine.

I just ordered the standard Madcatz one (~$72). Should be here next week. I'll let you know how it is.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Every MadCatz controller I've purchased has been a piece of shit. Here's hoping you guys have better luck.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Every MadCatz controller I've purchased has been a piece of shit. Here's hoping you guys have better luck.
    There were supposedly some problems with the first batch of the SFIV sticks (a loose washer on the stick that rubbed the PCB), but I've read that they've been corrected. Plus the fact that they can be modified with genuine Sanwa parts, so I think the price is OK.

But yes, you are correct. Madcatz has historically not been known for high quality,

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Yeah, I've had the same problem. I'll never try them again.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Resident Evil 5 is pretty cool so far, maybe a little bit too easy though. I play on normal at the moment. I just finished chapter 1 and made some progress in chapter 2. But it seems I cannot put stuff from my inventory to my archive? How do you do that? When I select an item and chose to move it I cannot move it to the archive, I can only move it to Sheva. Very weird..

Resident Evil 5 is pretty cool so far, maybe a little bit too easy though. I play on normal at the moment. I just finished chapter 1 and made some progress in chapter 2. But it seems I cannot put stuff from my inventory to my archive? How do you do that? When I select an item and chose to move it I cannot move it to the archive, I can only move it to Sheva. Very weird..
    I believe it is the remove option if I remember correctly that moves items into your archive.

Quote Quoting Justin (view post)
    I believe it is the remove option if I remember correctly that moves items into your archive.
    Ok, thanks! I'll try it later.

Also, in some SFIV news... I finally finished arcade mode with Ryu on medium haha. Zangief gave me less trouble this time. Afterwards, I tried to do arcade mode with Chun-Li but got stuck on the last boss Seth. I gave up after 90 minutes of getting my ass kicked. I got close to beating him a couple times though. Anyone have tips on beating him?

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    I don't know anything about SFIV, but I have to say that in terms of fighting games, I'm greatly enjoying competing with my g/f in our little DOA3 tournaments.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

"Marvel vs. Capcom 2" is fucking wonderful.

Even better on XBLA than I remember it being at arcades.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    "Marvel vs. Capcom 2" is fucking wonderful.

Even better on XBLA than I remember it being at arcades.
    We may have to duke it out on XBL.

recent PSN purchase Shatter - a really cool Breakout variant, much more fun than i thought it would be, adds a bunch of shmup inspired elements and nice variations on the stages (left to right, circular, bosses), the new gravity/wind mechanic to manipulate the ball seemed like a cheat at first but it actually improves the experience, it's much faster paced and less repetitive than other breakout style games. Also, visuals and music are clearly inspired by Mizuguchi san's work, always a plus.

overall a nice surprise.

can't wait to get out of work and try Fat Princess and Wipeout Fury they'll entertain me while i wait for BLAZBLUE to arrive.

anyone here got the Blue? Let's Rebel!!

Finished RE5. End boss was lame. You guys were right...RE4>RE5.

Bioshock is pretty awesome. Scary too. I like how guys try and creep up on you and shoot, instead of it just being a shootout at all times. Plus, TELEKINESIS. Sweet.

I think I'm going to love this.

I don't think I jumped at a game this hard since Silent Hill when I was looking through some cabinets, heard a voice, and panned to the right, only to see someone right there with a wrench in my face. I lit him on fire.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Bioshock is pretty awesome. Scary too. I like how guys try and creep up on you and shoot, instead of it just being a shootout at all times. Plus, TELEKINESIS. Sweet.

I think I'm going to love this.

I don't think I jumped at a game this hard since Silent Hill when I was looking through some cabinets, heard a voice, and panned to the right, only to see someone right there with a wrench in my face. I lit him on fire.

Are you playing on 360?

If so, try to ge your hands on a copy of the first "Condemned" game, subtitled "Criminal Origins".

That is quite possibly the scariest game I have ever played.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."