Page 236 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1361862262342352362372382462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 5,876 to 5,900 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    360 > Wii > PS3
    Personally, I would sooner get a PS3 than a Wii. The Wii just doesn't have a single game I can think of that interests me enough to get one, except maybe Mario Kart, but I already have several versions of that game from the various other Nintendo consoles I still have lying around.

I remember being excited about the Wii when I heard it was gonna have that Godzilla game for it, but that game turned out to be a big churd, so so much for that.

The PS3, on the other hand, has MGS4, Little BigPlanet, Infamous, Uncharted, etc... oh, and there's that bluray gizmo too. PS3 wins.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

If I had the time to give them, and the money to spend, I'd have all three of the new systems. There are at least a few games on each that I want to play. But with my limited time and funds, I've chosen the 360 as my system of choice (for now - I'll be buying a PS3 in a year or 2, and a Wii when it hits $99) simply because it appears to have the most games that I want to play and the best online capabilities.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Do you have a PS3?

Nope but have played them many times, many different games. A few close friends have them.

Every game I've played for the PS3 which is also available on 360, is better on the latter.

Games like "inFAMOUS" and "Little Big Planet" are certainly wonderful, but these great titles are few and far between.

Plus, 360 has a much better online network - better content, better online play.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    The 360 seems like the best overall package - good horsepower, a strong library of games, great online capability.

I like my Wii, but its library is full of vaporware, and I'm still angry Nintendo made it such a weak system, graphically. Few of the games look much better than the GCN.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    The 360 seems like the best overall package - good horsepower, a strong library of games, great online capability.

I like my Wii, but its library is full of vaporware, and I'm still angry Nintendo made it such a weak system, graphically. Few of the games look much better than the GCN.

Yeah it's pretty much indisputable that the graphics on Wii are disappointing, but it still has some of the most fun games I've played on this generation of consoles.

"House of the Dead: Overkill" is a riot, especially when you have two people playing and each has a gun. It's great.

I bought a PS3 because it had more games that interested me. Others buy X-Box 360 because it has more games that interest them. Others buy Wii because it has more games that interest them. I don't understand why there always needs to be arguments over which is better.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I bought a PS3 because it had more games that interested me. Others buy X-Box 360 because it has more games that interest them. Others buy Wii because it has more games that interest them. I don't understand why there always needs to be arguments over which is better.

Because it's human nature to be competitive assholes.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I will say that I love how the Wii has unexpectedly gained a shitload of "mature" software. I'm excited as hell for The Conduit, Silent Hill, and Dead Space: Extraction.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    PC only, because apparently part of the function of the game is that it downloads bizarre/morbid news clippings and videos from the internet, which affects your character's reaction... or something. It's supposed to be a very dark game.
    That actually sounds a good deal more innovative than most movie-based games. Though, I guess it would, if someone's crazy enough to adapt a Von Trier movie in the first place.

Speaking of Wiis, I recently finally acquired one. What games do you recommend to someone who loves the Zelda series (already have TP), Mario, survival horror, adventure, RPG, etc? I'm not really into shooter or overly masculine war related games. Unless it's exceptionally awesome and has an intriguing storyline.

Recs appreciated, and will be repped (with all two points!).

Banned
    So far Ghostbusters is a strong candidate for worst game of the year.

Cult, you may wanna check out Zack & Wiki, which is an oldschool point-click adventure-puzzle game. Okami is a good (and pretty) game in the Zelda vein. de Blob is a fun platformer. Resident Evil 4 is more action-shooter than it is survival horror, but it's a fun one.

For my money, the best game on the system is No More Heroes, but I don't know enough about your tastes to actually recommend it to you.

Banned
    Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)
    So far Ghostbusters is a strong candidate for worst game of the year.
    I seriously can't get over how terrible this game is; or more to the point, the fact that I wasted sixty smackers on it. I think every review I've watched has been some guy going "Cool! Ghostbusters: The Game!" and slapping an eight on this hunk of shit.

Quote Quoting trotchky (view post)
    I seriously can't get over how terrible this game is; or more to the point, the fact that I wasted sixty smackers on it. I think every review I've watched has been some guy going "Cool! Ghostbusters: The Game!" and slapping an eight on this hunk of shit.
    Why do you hate it so much? I'm at the Stay Puft Man and think its alright.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Banned
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Why do you hate it so much? I'm at the Stay Puft Man and think its alright.
    The mechanics are completely baffling to me. Every time I die, I don't know why I died. Getting from one checkpoint to the next seems like a total crap shoot: either you or your buddies happen to be killed by some flying object that you can't see 90% of the time, or you don't. There's no satisfying, logical visual or tactile feedback for wearing down ghosts: you hold a cursor over them (or attempt to--they fly around so rapidly and unpredictability it seems impossible to keep on them for more than a few seconds at a time, not to mention that your beam thing will overheat at least three or four times before every capture, leaving you running around helplessly and praying you won't get killed by an off-screen projectile) until the little meter indicating their health ticks down, one segment at a time. The controller doesn't even rumble.

What else? The voice acting is horrid. The entire cast sounds like they've been pumped full of horse tranquilizers before giving the script a quick read through. The characters look disgusting--I don't want to look at weirdly proportioned middle-aged men with chipmunk cheeks who resemble their real-life doppelgangers just enough to be fucking creepy for ten hours or however long it takes to slog through this abortion. The writing: crap. The animations: crap. The weirdly long loading screens that you have to sit through every time you die: play out like a 4 am infomercial for the game you just bought.

I don't know how such a perfect storm of horrible execution came to be (I'm guessing it can be traced all the way back to the planning stages, when a bunch of washed-up Hollywood actors decided to write a script for a videogame based on the blockbuster they starred in over two decades prior), but it's almost dazzling in what a trainwreck it is.

Banned
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    A repetetive game on the Wii? GET OUTTA HERE!!

(*getting a lot of mileage with that particular smiley*)

Been playing inFAMOUS. I've got my High Fall ability one tick away from full power, but it's still wonderfully damaging. With this power, you jump off a building and hit the square button. Your character charges up and when he hits the ground it goes BOOM!! and sends out a wave that makes cars explode and throws people around like ragdolls. Also, taller building, wider damage radius. It's fricken SWEET. I spent a long time last night looking for groups of cars to High Fall into.
    Yeah, because inFAMOUS doesn't get repetitive at all.

Tekken 6 will have the Carboard Tube Samurai.

http://twitpic.com/7uojn
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Nope but have played them many times, many different games. A few close friends have them.

Every game I've played for the PS3 which is also available on 360, is better on the latter.

Games like "inFAMOUS" and "Little Big Planet" are certainly wonderful, but these great titles are few and far between.

Plus, 360 has a much better online network - better content, better online play.
    I couldn't disagree with you more.

LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Warhawk, MGS4, Resistance, Resistance 2 and God of War 3. Thats pretty awesome.

The 360 has? Halo?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)

LittleBigPlanet, inFamous, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Warhawk, MGS4, Resistance, Resistance 2 and God of War 3. Thats pretty awesome.

The 360 has? Halo?

Yes, Halo is the only good game available on the 360.

Banned
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)

The 360 has? Halo?
    MGS4, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, and Resistance 2 are crap. inFAMOUS is passable. Uncharted is the only good game on your list, and two others haven't been released yet.

Since we're listing off games, here are some great 360 exclusives:

Halo 3
    Dead Rising
    Gears of War
    Gears of War 2
    Left 4 Dead
    Geometry Wars 2
    Earth Defense Force 2017
    Crackdown
    Dead or Alive 4
    Fable 2
    Galaga Legions
    Braid
    GTA IV: The Lost and the Damned
    Pac-Man Championship Edition
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Project Gotham Racing 4

By the way I own all three consoles. I agree that 360 > Wii > PS3.

i thought people at matchcut were above system bashing

i thought that kind of behavior was reserved for teenagers and idiots

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)

To be fair, I don't think any of the current consoles are bad at all. In fact, they're all pretty great.

I just have my preferences

I will say that it consistently drives me nuts when people use the power of a system as some guage of how good the system is. The PS3 is the most powerful of all the systems, there's no debate there - but they also kind of screwed themselves over there because its made with such powerful technology that the game developers are still having trouble adapting games for it. PS3-exclusives are usually pretty fine, and can show off its exemplary graphics capabilities, but anything ported or released on PS3 as well as other systems tends to suffer, because the technology within the system is pretty much overkill for what is being presented.

Each system has some fantastic exclusives, though.

Banned
    Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)

"System bashing" is for delusional capitalist swine who mistake the fetishization of consumer electronics for an enjoyable hobby.

I just like good games and dislike bad games. Some systems have more good games than others.

Condescension over people's taste in video games strikes me as extremely pathetic.

Condescension over people's taste in video games strikes me as extremely pathetic.
    No more than condescension over people's taste in everything else.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    No more than condescension over people's taste in everything else.
    Agreed.