Page 233 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1331832232312322332342352432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,825 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Tiger Woods for the Wii with Wii Motion Plus is a lot of fun. It is surprisingly responsive and the included frisbee golf mode is great too. My only complaint is that the putting can be very difficult at times, but it seems like with time I may get used to it.

Those Aliens screenshots are unbelievable.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)

Does he get a nerdy sidekick who stars in trendy computer commercials?
    Get out of my mind!

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Max Payne 3?! ritch:

I loved the first two.
    Yeah, bring it on!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Yeah, those Aliens Vs. Predator look really cool. I hope they nail the slithering nature of the xenomorphs, but I still can't muster up any excitement for assuming command of the titular villains. I'd rather play as the marine the whole way through. It seems even more terrifying and immersive that way.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    New Max Payne:
    The story will be set in Sao Paolo this time apparently.

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]

Man, I can't wait for my new GI to come now.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    A recent issue of Game Informer has revealed that the story is set 12 years after the last one, in the ghettos of Brazil. Payne has developed a painkiller addiction by this point, and is employed as a bodyguard for a wealthy family.
    Man on Fire?
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Quoting EvilShoe (view post)
    Man on Fire?
    Whoa, good call. And :lol: at the painkiller addiction.

I always wondered how painkillers is at all effective against bullet wounds. He should've died of gangrene by the end of the night.

Someone should make a more realistic med kit for an action game one of these days. As in, if you get small injuries you can patch yourself up wih a first aid kit, but for big injuries you must call an ambulance to fix you up. Also, you have to pay your medical insurance after every level, or else the ambulance won't come next time.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    WTF. Did anyone already know about this?
    Unfortunately, yes I did.

There was also a school-massacre game on Newgrounds before this one.

Yep. Wow, that takes me back.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Have you guys read the job qualifications for Bungie employees on their website? :lol:

PLAYER DESIGN LEAD

Desired Qualifications
    • At least five years experience doing online community management, UI design and/or AAA video game development.
    • An encyclopedic knowledge of the history, psychology, technology, and current state of online video game communities.
    • Deeply held convictions, totally crazy ideas, exhaustive grand theories, hard-won wisdom, excellent rhetorical skills, intimidating expertise, inspiring vision and a humble, collaborative attitude.
    • Proven ability to direct a large team of smart, passionate, talented, skilled designers, artists and programmers working on very complicated problems.
    • At least seven level 80 WoW characters, Prestige'd eight times in CoD4, 9000+ Twitter Followers, 10k+ Gamerscore, 100% Positive Feedback on eBay [and you're a Power Seller], and no more than five McFarlane toys on your desk.
    GRAPHICS ENGINEER

Plusses

• Experience as a senior engineer on a large team.
    • Previous published games.
    • Console experience.
    • A love of combat on the high seas.
    ANIMATION ENGINEER

Plusses

• Experience as an engineer on a large team.
    • Previous published games.
    • Console experience.
    • A penchant for Piracy on the Briny Deep.
    Movie Theater Diary

"Gunstar Heroes" on XBLA!

Woo-hoo!

EDIT: And I'm totally stoked to pick up a copy of "Little King's Story" on Wii. Looks great.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Just finished Dead Space, man was that finale fantastic, one of the better boss fights in recent memory.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Have you guys read the job qualifications for Bungie employees on their website? :lol:

PLAYER DESIGN LEAD

GRAPHICS ENGINEER

ANIMATION ENGINEER
    It's nice to see Bungie getting back to their old selves after liberating themselves from Microsoft.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

Their relationship with Miscrosoft was nothing but beneficial to both parties. And until they develop a non-Halo title, I'd hardly say they've really been "liberated." With that said, ODST looks and sounds amazing. I love that they've taken a different approach with the game. It should make for an interesting experience.

I don't think Bungie is completely "liberated" anyways. My understanding is that Microsoft has right of first refusal on all of their games.
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Their relationship with Miscrosoft was nothing but beneficial to both parties. And until they develop a non-Halo title, I'd hardly say they've really been "liberated." With that said, ODST looks and sounds amazing. I love that they've taken a different approach with the game. It should make for an interesting experience.

What's the different approach?

Aside from it no longer being Master Chief, I thought the gameplay was supposed to be pretty identical to the original three games, but with a few added perks like the visor you wear indicating enemy presence and so forth.

EDIT: And anybody have any hunches on what "Halo: Reach" will be?

Finished Valkyria Chronicles. RPG or not, I really liked this game.

Playing Braid on the PC now. On the last world, I think. Cool game. Found it weird how the first 4 worlds they have the ability in the game portion parallel the narrative bit but then in the fifth world they have the power ring you use literally in the narrative bit.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)

Maybe it was beneficial to Bungie in the sense that they then had access to incredible resources, but ultimately the partnership was extremely poor for the creativity of the company. Pre-Microsoft, Bungie made its way by being creative in different genres of games, setting trends rather than just rehashing Halo after Halo after Halo. I haven't done too much research on ODST, but what I want to see them do is something other than Halo. Also, the stories they told were never as good as when they were on their own. Seriously, even Pathways Into Darkness was better than Halo storywise. Compared to Marathon 2, Halo's tale was just pathetic.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

I can't wait for Super Puzzle Halo and Covenant Kart.
    Movie Theater Diary

"Halo"'s story compared to just about anything is pathetic. A box of cereal is more intriguing narratively.

This is why I just do not understand plans to make a movie out of it. I mean, I understand from the business point of view - it's a surefire hit. But the story somehow manages to be both non-existent and convoluted at the same time.

And Master Chief is one of the most uninteresting heroes in gaming, and that says a lot.

To be fair, I don't understand the desire to make movies out of games with good stories, either.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    "Halo"'s story compared to just about anything is pathetic. A box of cereal is more intriguing narratively.

This is why I just do not understand plans to make a movie out of it. I mean, I understand from the business point of view - it's a surefire hit. But the story somehow manages to be both non-existent and convoluted at the same time.

And Master Chief is one of the most uninteresting heroes in gaming, and that says a lot.
    Come on, it's not that bad. I think that Halo: Combat Evolved derives a lot of mileage out of its spectacularly original location, the titular construct designed to contain the flood. The idyllic topside environs in no way suggesting the horrors that lurk deep beneath the surface of Halo. I'd like to see that realized on the silver screen. Then there's the covenant oozing more personality than most movie baddies. Sure you could boil it down to soldiers Vs. aliens, but I honestly feel you'd be doing it a disservice. It has more to offer than a lot of summer movies, the potential for thrilling, imaginative eye candy enormous, but difficult choices will have to be made such as will Master Chief be an interesting enough protagonist to carry the adaptation. He is after all a blank slate although there's also no reason why a movie franchise couldn't start with the fall of Reach and the birth of the Spartan army. Perhaps blanks can be filled in. Who was master chief before he became a super combatant?

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]