Page 224 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1241742142222232242252262342743247241224 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

And while having it take place in Africa was nice, I think they could've certainly used the location to their advantage more. The best parts about the game were the safari chase, running from gators, and the opening scene. All of which used the locale.

I was almost hoping that Redfield would stick himself with the Progenitor and have a ridiculous fight with Wesker, instead of him mutating again.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

The game RE5 should have been is that first big cut scene with Wesker. They show the best part to you without letting you play it. A return to a mansion with en evil overlord throwing all kinds of traps, puzzles and minions at you - now that would have been awesome.

Anyhow, Dead Space is the new RE, and it's better than RE5 in every conceivable way.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)

Anyhow, Dead Space is the new RE, and it's better than RE5 in every conceivable way.
    I'd agree with this. And I didn't even like Dead Space that much.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

"The Grinder" has been announced, and looked awesome.

It's for the Wii, and is Nintendo's response to "Left 4 Dead". A 4-player online co-op shooter with vampires, werewolves and zombies.

Sweeeeeeeeeet.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Did you ever get L4D?

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    That's one I could start right after I finish the terrific Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I played about 15 minutes of Dead Space, was certainly encouraged enough, but also dissapointed that the monsters appeared so incredibly soon. I guess I expected more build-up.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Dead Space can be viewed more as a limited-ammo action game, with fantastic atmosphere, and incredible production values. It's a superb game.

Still surprised we haven't had more FPSes on the Wii. While not a hardware powerhouse, my experience with RE4 tells me it could really produce some fantastic results. This Conduit game is an FPS, though, right?

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    as you know, i'm not a video game person. but for some reason, i love and watch zero punctuation regularly.

so can anyone tell me? this video is totally sarcastic, correct?
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

It's for the Wii, and is Nintendo's response to "Left 4 Dead". A 4-player online co-op shooter with vampires, werewolves and zombies.

Sweeeeeeeeeet.
    Uh...

AJ is the sole survivor of a Slasher attack. She knows that it's only a matter of time before the unkillable monster that slaughtered her sorority sisters on a weekend camping trip catches up with her to finish the job.
    This game must be played.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh man, those music scores are awesome.

We want to capture the sound of Trent Reznor and Ennio Morricone in bar room fight after watching Dusk Till Dawn, Dawn of the Dead, An American Werewolf in London, and Tremors and doing copious shots of tequila.
    That's exactly what it sounds like! Awesome!
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I'll have to try Dead Space.

Condemned, I only played the first level, and didn't care for it much. Is it like that the whole way through? I liked the initial prologue level of investigation

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I'll have to try Dead Space.

Condemned, I only played the first level, and didn't care for it much. Is it like that the whole way through? I liked the initial prologue level of investigation
    I don't remember the first level. What did you do again?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)

Sweeeeeeeeeet.
    I'm buying this.

Everyone else here should too.

Friend codes for the win.

Oh shit, you guys. I just got Pokémon Platinum and started it up before bed lat night. I haven't played a Pokémon game since 2005. Have Pokéfever like I haven't had since Yellow.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    I'm buying this.

Everyone else here should too.

Friend codes for the win.
    The studio is saying release in holiday 2010 so you'll be waiting awhile.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Oh shit, you guys. I just got Pokémon Platinum and started it up before bed lat night. I haven't played a Pokémon game since 2005. Have Pokéfever like I haven't had since Yellow.
    It must be Select Button that did it, because I did the very same thing a few nights ago. Haven't had time to get very far, but I look forward to returning to it when I do.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    The studio is saying release in holiday 2010 so you'll be waiting awhile.
    Over the course of five seconds:

:|

:frustrated:

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    It must be Select Button that did it, because I did the very same thing a few nights ago. Haven't had time to get very far, but I look forward to returning to it when I do.
    Yeah, totally.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I don't remember the first level. What did you do again?
    You begin investigating something. Then you hear something happen across the way at another building, and it becomes Silent Hill, but with inmates or crazy people.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    You begin investigating something. Then you hear something happen across the way at another building, and it becomes Silent Hill, but with inmates or crazy people.
    Ah. There will always be crazy people running around. but they get crazier. The investigations get better, and the paranormal gets... paranormalier.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    Coal Badge!
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

No More Heroes Desperate Struggle--new scans and stuff from Famitsu. One of my most anticipated games, even if Suda isn't directing this one..

Geez, the final levels of Sonic Unleashed are frustrating, i said fuck it and traded the rental for Killzone 2.

Game starts very cinematic, but the urban warzone is a lot more corridor-shooter in style than i expected. But i'm still on stage 3 of the single player campaign, and digging it, never been a big fan of online shooters, let's see if this one converts me...

Got Marvel: Ultimate Alliance for $10.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter