Page 222 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1221722122202212222232242322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Always wanted to play SimTower.
    Simtower was ok, but got a bit monotonous. Not enough variety.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Are the "Guilty Gear" fighting games any good?

I like those 2D fighters, and there are a couple of these available for the Wii.
    Yes - they are far more attack-offense orientated than the SF games. That is, the are faster paced, and reward for aggressive fighting than the slower-paced, tactical mind-games of SF.

And they look fantastic.

can recall his past lives origami_mustache's Avatar
    My ps3 just crapped out with the fatal error 80010514.
    Sony charges $150 for service...wtf?
    In Front of Your Face (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    Introduction (Hong Sang-soo, 2021) - 6
    True Mothers (Naomi Kawase, 2020) - 8
    Wheel of Fortune and Fantasy - (Ryusuke Hamaguchi, 2021) - 7
    Wife of a Spy (Kiyoshi Kurosawa, 2020) - 7
    The Power of the Dog (Jane Campion, 2021) - 9
    Don't Look Up - (Adam McKay, 2021) - 4
    The Matrix Resurrections (Lana Wachowski, 2021) - 4.5
    Benedetta (Paul Verhoeven, 2021) - 7

mubi

Quote Quoting origami_mustache (view post)

That really sucks, sorry.

I hate that 360's are so unreliable, but at least Microsoft is good with the repairs.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting origami_mustache (view post)

That really sucks, sorry.

I hate that 360's are so unreliable, but at least Microsoft is good with the repairs.
    They would need to be with that kind of failure rate.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

While you all know I absolutely love the "Metroid Prime" games, I'm a little worried about the announcement of the "Metroid Prime Trilogy" for the Wii, as well as several other GameCube titles being redone with Wii controls.

I hope this doesn't become a trend that makes Nintendo feel they don't need to release good original games for the Wii as much.

I'm not even sure I'll pick up the "Metroid Prime Trilogy". I already own all three games, and I have several GC controllers which I can use on the Wii to play the first two.

The Wii has potential to be an incredible system, but the way it's been marketed just doesn't make sense to me.

I hope this doesn't become a trend that makes Nintendo feel they don't need to release good original games for the Wii as much.
    We'll see at E3.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    You have to be the only person on earth who isn't nostalgic for Punch Out. What kind of kid were you??
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

While you all know I absolutely love the "Metroid Prime" games, I'm a little worried about the announcement of the "Metroid Prime Trilogy" for the Wii, as well as several other GameCube titles being redone with Wii controls.

I'm not even sure I'll pick up the "Metroid Prime Trilogy". I already own all three games, and I have several GC controllers which I can use on the Wii to play the first two.

The Wii has potential to be an incredible system, but the way it's been marketed just doesn't make sense to me.
    Calm down. Muscle March more than makes up for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hcElGydzb8
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

You realize that you are the last person on the Internet to get around to saying this, right? Welcome to 2007 or 2003 or something.

They just released Punch Out!! and there's supposed to be a Kirby game and Sin & Punishment 2 later this year. Then there's Wii Sports Resort. All these are sequels and stuff, but so is the vast majority of what Sony releases. Nintendo also keeps making noise about all kinds of interesting products they haven't announced yet. That's how Nintendo does. They don't show their cards until they're good and ready to, usually a few months before release.

I'm thrilled about the MP trilogy, since I only have the first one. If you have them all already, yeah, you probably shouldn't bother. Not sure Nintendo expects you to.

What Nintendo robot?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

What Nintendo robot?
    What?

What Nintendo robot?
    Go wiki R.O.B.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Calm down. Muscle March more than makes up for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hcElGydzb8
    double you tee eff?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    I liked Sim Farm.
    I had forgotten about this until now. I quite liked SimAnt and SimLife as well. I remember when animals mated in SimLife a voice would murmur, "Ooh La La..." At age 10 or 11 I thought it was completely scandalous and would turn the speakers down every time I anticipated two llamas doing the nasty.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    You realize that you are the last person on the Internet to get around to saying this, right? Welcome to 2007 or 2003 or something.

They just released Punch Out!! and there's supposed to be a Kirby game and Sin & Punishment 2 later this year. Then there's Wii Sports Resort. All these are sequels and stuff, but so is the vast majority of what Sony releases. Nintendo also keeps making noise about all kinds of interesting products they haven't announced yet. That's how Nintendo does. They don't show their cards until they're good and ready to, usually a few months before release.

I'm thrilled about the MP trilogy, since I only have the first one. If you have them all already, yeah, you probably shouldn't bother. Not sure Nintendo expects you to.
    i don't think meg is talking about remakes or sequels, but rather direct ports of older nintendo titles

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    i don't think meg is talking about remakes or sequels, but rather direct ports of older nintendo titles
    I know. Preemptive countering, if it came to that.

People rerelease video games. Nintendo really suffered during the last console generation, so it makes sense to rerelease the good Gamecube games as Wii titles, since the Gamecube originals are out of print and they now have a system people might actually buy them for.

Personally, I really have nothing against video game ports any more than I do new releases and transfers of movies on home video formats.

This Modern Warfare 2 trailer looks like the best video game ever!

Seriously, never seen a video game preview put together so well.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

This Modern Warfare 2 trailer looks like the best video game ever!

Seriously, never seen a video game preview put together so well.
    I'm gonna rep you for this, because that does look like the greatest game ever.

My god!
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

wow. That's like a trailer for a movie. They even have scenes from COD4.

Great trailer, but the Transformers sound effects were a little out of place.

Great trailer, but the Transformers sound effects were a little out of place.
    Well, it is a revenge of the fallen.
    Movie Theater Diary

Goddamn "Castle Crashers" is addictive.

I've now beaten it three times - with the Red Knight (electricity), Blue Knight (ice), and White Knight (arrows). Now working on it with the Green Knight (poison).

Every time I've beaten it I've unlocked new characters. I must have about 10 playable characters now, and apparently beating it with the characters you've unlocked will unlock more characters.

And I love searching around for all the animals and weapons. The Meat Sword is awesome :lol:

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Finished up Fable II and the first expansion, downloading See the Future as we speak. Really fun game, I never played the original Fable but I'm glad I decided to pick it up.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I got Madden 09 for my PSP and Skate for 360 for my birthday.