Page 219 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1191692092172182192202212292693197191219 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting KK2.0 (view post)
    Dunno if there are fans of ICO and Shadow of The Colossus here, but early footage of the third game leaked at last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4

That dragon-griffon thing is awfully cute, if it dies i'll cry like a baby. :cry:
    Looks good.

Yeah. I'm gonna hafta pick up a PS3 sooner or later. Now I have an idea of when.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    I was thinking of picking up Condemned 2.
    Is it a problem I haven't played the first one?
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting EvilShoe (view post)
    I was thinking of picking up Condemned 2.
    Is it a problem I haven't played the first one?
    Not really. But they're both excellent games. I loved the first and loved the second even more. If you have time, I recommend playing the first though. there's some moments that would really freak you out.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I was up until 1 a.m. last night playing Sacred 2...

Oh this game. Like crack, it is.

"One more level....one more piece of better armor....one more skill....one more weapon....damn, it's 1 a.m.!"

Teaser for Sega's Aliens Vs. Predator:

http://www.gamer.nl/doc/51712/Sega-k...ns-vs-Predator

For some reason, I can't stand the ability to play with the alien or predator. These are villains and they should remain as such period.

So, any news on Colonial Marines?
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

The Fallout 3 DLC will be made available to PS3 players over the course of the next few months. Bethesda, you are no longer of my shitlist. ritch:
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)

For some reason, I can't stand the ability to play with the alien or predator. These are villains and they should remain as such period.

nothing as of late. Im on top of this game like white on rice.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh, I'd loooove to play either as a predator or alien. Definately a predator. Definately.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Damn, there are some crazy good Street Fighter players out there! I made the mistake earlier of letting people challenge me when I was in arcade mode. Didn't even make it to the first opponent before someone challenged me. Someone really good with Dhalsim. They were teleporting everywhere, bonking me in the head, teleporting to safety. Everywhere with the teleporting! I was getting dizzy. I had to shut if off after awhile. I was sick of constantly getting my ass kicked after maybe getting a single shot or two in. Ugh.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

That's the only way to learn!

I usually have challenge turned on - usually for Championship or Ranked play.

I made it to the G2 level of tourney play, and I am finding it very hard to continue winning with Dan. So I know what you mean.

A few days ago, I was totally on my game and squashed about 15 challengers in a row.

The one to beat me?

Blanka, of course!

Damn that green ball of deception! I'm to the point now that when I play as Dan and face a Blanka I just sit there and taunt. There's just nothing I can do. Such a terrible match up. Even the scrubbiest of all Blanka players can best Dan.

A good Dhalsim is very frustrating. You basically have to wait for them to mess up, punish, and run. Most of my matches against Dhalsim end in time outs - with them winning.

I came here to recommend "Sacred 2" to you, D...but I see you already discovered it

Not my cup of tea, really, but I remember you saying how much you love the looting hack-n-slash type games, and I've read a few reviews saying this is a great example of the genre on the console.

So, yeah...glad you're enjoying it!!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Yeah - Sacred 2 is my kind of RPG. Heavy on the role-playing and customization, light on the plot. You create your own narrative by discovering new locales and shaping your character. Like WoW, I haven't even read a single block of text. Hopefully this tides me over until Diablo 3...if not, I also picked up Sacred 1 on Steam for $10.

Oh, that radar sound still gives me goosebumps from playing rebellion's old AVP game, playing as the Marine was the scariest game ever.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    The Fallout 3 DLC will be made available to PS3 players over the course of the next few months. Bethesda, you are no longer of my shitlist. ritch:
    ritch:

Amazon tells me Little King's Story got pushed back another month into July. Dammit. One of the few new games I'm really looking forward to.

Oh, hell. Atlus USA just announced they're bringing over the PS3 game, Demon's Souls, something so tempting, I was considering buying a PS3 and importing the game from Japan just to play it.

My resistance is almost completely worn down. I'm gonna be buying a PS3 soon.

Press release

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Amazon tells me Little King's Story got pushed back another month into July. Dammit. One of the few new games I'm really looking forward to.

I really want to play this one, too.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

There's a lot of hyperbole in that!

If it is half as AWESOME, GROUNDBREAKING, and HARDCORE to the EXTREME as that press release says it is, we're in for a great treat!

I can't help but think of Breath of Fire IV: Dragon Quarter. That game was more of a Western-style dungeon crawler that expected you to die - a lot - and start over multiple times. It was very unforgiving, and reminded me of the most hardcore of Rogue-likes.

Ever play Azure Dreams or Alundra on the original Playstation?

Well, it is a press release. And, actually, the majority of what I've read from people who've played it--many of which are jaded, cynical gamers--have been equally effusive in their praise. It's allegedly like being murdered repeatedly, but awesome.

I actually picked up Dragon Quarter a few weeks ago. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Been thinking about tracking down Alundra as well.

I actually picked up Dragon Quarter a few weeks ago. Haven't gotten around to playing it yet. Been thinking about tracking down Alundra as well.
    Cool.

Alundra is great. Lot's a super cool, logical puzzles that are actually somewhat puzzling, changeling, and rewarding.

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Yeah - Sacred 2 is my kind of RPG. Heavy on the role-playing and customization, light on the plot. You create your own narrative by discovering new locales and shaping your character. Like WoW, I haven't even read a single block of text. Hopefully this tides me over until Diablo 3...if not, I also picked up Sacred 1 on Steam for $10.
    Isn't Diablo hella full of big blocks of text?
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    Quote Quoting monolith94 (view post)
    Isn't Diablo hella full of big blocks of text?
    Sit a while, and listen...
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

i don't understand this sentiment. should we only be allowed to play as "good guys" in games?

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    i don't understand this sentiment. should we only be allowed to play as "good guys" in games?
    If I can venture a response on Morris's behalf, I think it's because of the mysterious and alien nature of these particular villains. They're supposed to be unrelatable, unsympathetic, and inhuman, so the idea of assuming their roles--stepping into their bodies and their psychologies--seems to undermine what makes Alien and Predator Alien and Predator.

Quote Quoting KK2.0 (view post)
    Dunno if there are fans of ICO and Shadow of The Colossus here, but early footage of the third game leaked at last.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF3fED8EXl4

That dragon-griffon thing is awfully cute, if it dies i'll cry like a baby. :cry:
    I haven't extensively played through any of their previous games, but this one looks really good.