Page 214 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1141642042122132142152162242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Ahh

Well it sucks that 3DRealms shut down. Now we'll never see DNF.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

So is there any doubt at all that "Red Dead Revolver" is going to be awesome?

I can't wait for that game to come out.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Rented and completed Mirror's Edge. What I have learned from this, Prince of the Persia and Assassin's Creed is that running fast and jumping between high buildings is the best thing you can do in a video game and the ability to do so will let me forgive most any flaw within the video game.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Rented and completed Mirror's Edge. What I have learned from this, Prince of the Persia and Assassin's Creed is that running fast and jumping between high buildings is the best thing you can do in a video game and the ability to do so will let me forgive most any flaw within the video game.

I really liked "Mirror's Edge". It wasn't perfect by any means, but like you said, it's exhilirating to jump between buildings, climb up the sides of sky-scrapers and do other incredible acrobatic feats.

I thought the graphics looked really nice, too. The super-clean future world they created made the vertigo even stronger - I got that sinking feeling in my stomach when jumping large gaps, as if I was really doing it.

One of the biggest flaws in the game for me personally was that it had a few instances where you had no choice but to resort to gun-fighting. It wasn't even the fact that the gunplay was mediocre, but I found it really cool when the game emphasized less violent ways of getting by armed guards. Knocking them out, taking their gun and chucking it off the building, or disassembling it.

I enjoy a "kill everything you see" shooter as much as the next guy, but being that you're a petite woman going up against heavily armed and armored SWAT guys, I thought this made a little more sense, and also opened the game up for a whole other level of strategy.

If they ever make a sequel, I hope they capitalize on this a little more. Maybe even reward the player somehow for non-lethal takedowns and more stealthy approaches.

I completed the whole game without killing anyone.

I completed the whole game without killing anyone.

Really?

There were a few areas where I just could not get past the guards without taking one of their guns and using it. That indoor section with the various walkways scaling higher and higher - I needed a gun in that part, I just could not beat it unarmed.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Really?

There were a few areas where I just could not get past the guards without taking one of their guns and using it. That indoor section with the various walkways scaling higher and higher - I needed a gun in that part, I just could not beat it unarmed.
    I would run past the guard wherever possible and if not I would disarm them. I died a fair bit.

Why did they do the cut scenes in this game in what appears to be Flash? What a strange decision to make. Also, the story is awful, they really should've ditched it all together and made the entire game doing runner missions.

I can't wait for that game to come out.
    Hopefully it is better than the last game. While I liked some of it, I was hoping for a more serious game, and some of the tech just wasn't very good.

Why did they do the cut scenes in this game in what appears to be Flash? What a strange decision to make. Also, the story is awful, they really should've ditched it all together and made the entire game doing runner missions.
    Did you play the DLC? It's just a series of timed events taking place in levels totally removed from reality. It's very cool. All running and jumping, no enemies, no story.

Yeah, I didn't kill anyone in Mirror's Edge either.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Some doubt, since the first game in the series was mediocre at best. I hope there's a lock-on feature this time around. I won't bother with it unless there is.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    I'd really like some Half-Life 2: Episode 3 news. It's been a while since I last heard anything about it.

Indeed.

Will there be further "Half Life" games after that?

"Half Life 3" perhaps?

Or will this be the end of the franchise?

The first Red Dead Revolver was meh.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I never played that one. I actually forgot it even existed.

I think this new one looks pretty neat.

Riding up beside a train on horseback in order to highjack it looks really fun.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Indeed.

Will there be further "Half Life" games after that?

"Half Life 3" perhaps?

Or will this be the end of the franchise?
    Gabe said in a recent interview, (recent being a few months ago) that they were going to reevaluate their episodic content.

I think they feel they can't produce an episode as fast and at the quality they were expecting. I would love another full game based on the new Source 2 engine they're secret developing.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    So I played about 2/3 of the way through Butcher Bay before I couldn't do it anymore. Boring story, glitchy gameplay and bad voice acting combined in to one mediocre package.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    So I played about 2/3 of the way through Butcher Bay before I couldn't do it anymore. Boring story, glitchy gameplay and bad voice acting combined in to one mediocre package.

Are you talking about "Butcher Bay" or "Dark Athena"?

Because "Butcher Bay" is one of the best action games from the original X-Box. Hell, from that generation of console gaming.

I hear that "Dark Athena" is pretty meidocre, though.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Are you talking about "Butcher Bay" or "Dark Athena"?

Because "Butcher Bay" is one of the best action games from the original X-Box. Hell, from that generation of console gaming.

I hear that "Dark Athena" is pretty meidocre, though.
    Butcher Bay. I was so bored with it I'm not gonna waste my time with Dark Athena.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Butcher Bay is amazing. Loved every second of that game.

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Butcher Bay. I was so bored with it I'm not gonna waste my time with Dark Athena.

Does. Not. Compute.

Finally popped in Tombraider: Underworld tonight. I've had it for some time, but SFIV happened.

The first real level is, so far, totally awesome.

I'm very impressed.

Been playing Lego Star Wars with my son. It's really fun to play a co-operative game with him that is challenging enough for me, but not frustrating for him. I love how they paraphrase the scenes from the films. Lots of laughs.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Been playing Lego Star Wars with my son. It's really fun to play a co-operative game with him that is challenging enough for me, but not frustrating for him. I love how they paraphrase the scenes from the films. Lots of laughs.
    It is a super fun game.

Last night I played through the first 2 levels of Dead Space again, mainly because I wanted to get a fresh comparison to RE5. I am not liking RE5 at all, and I wanted to see if it was the game, or if it was me; maybe I don't like these kinds of games any more. Well, that's not the case. Dead Space blew me away - again. My God, those graphics! Dead Space looks amazing. The atmosphere on board that ship is incredible. And being able to move and shoot at the same time does make the game better - that is a fact. In my estimation, DS is the new RE, and I hope the DS franchise continues.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Awesome. My wife became really addicted. She bought the guide to it and everything, trying to complete every menial task the game had to offer. It was pretty funny.