Page 206 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 1061561962042052062072082162563067061206 ... LastLast
Results 5,126 to 5,150 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)

And Terminator: Salvation:

Looking pretty solid too for a movie tie-in.
    Grin seems like a developer to watch. First the Bionic Commando remake, then the new BC, plus Wanted (which I hear is fun) and now Terminator, which also looks solid.

Quote Quoting Jeffrey Wells
    Welcome to the commercially flush world of ultra-violent video games. I once watched my son Dylan play Grand Theft Auto, asking him at one point what kind of sick fuck would dream up the violent stuff in that game, but this is far worse. It's satanic. I'm asking HE readers to watch this footage (i.e., which is somehow linked to www.projectmanhunt.com) and try to convey in 25 or 30 words how it makes them feel.
    This is the video he is referring to. And here's the original post from Hollywood-Elsewhere.

Condemning violence in a video game while using language like "sick fuck" and "The guy who created this needs to be put in a damp dungeon, his leg chained to the floor, a pile of straw to sleep on. For life."

Nice.

Gotta love hypocrisy.

Please pay no attention to Jeff Wells.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Something huge is coming to the Wii

What could it bii?? What would it bii??
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Still playing Fallout 3.

God damn, those Deathclaws are walking nightmares! Why must they spawn SO FREQUENTLY? I remember first running into the Giant Radscorpions and thinking those were insane, but they got nothing on the fucking Deathclaws. Most of my weapons barely do any damage to them, missle launchers and grenades are useless because they're on top of me before I can even change my equipment.

Anybody have any suggestions aside from backtracking feverishly and shooting it with my shotgun until one of us dies? (About 50/50 at this point.) My sneak skill is piss-poor, so I need to take them on like a tank.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Still playing Fallout 3.
    Matthew Perry says he ended up having to take medication for the pain in his hands due to playing this so much

God damn, those Deathclaws are walking nightmares! Why must they spawn SO FREQUENTLY? I remember first running into the Giant Radscorpions and thinking those were insane, but they got nothing on the fucking Deathclaws. Most of my weapons barely do any damage to them, missle launchers and grenades are useless because they're on top of me before I can even change my equipment.

Anybody have any suggestions aside from backtracking feverishly and shooting it with my shotgun until one of us dies? (About 50/50 at this point.) My sneak skill is piss-poor, so I need to take them on like a tank.

Yeah, I absolutely hate the Death Claws.

I always just whipped out the Alien Blaster which could kill them in about 2 shots, but I also hated wasting the ammo for that weapon.

Here's an IGN video that shows you where and how to get the Alien Blaster.

Thanks, meg. I also have a plasma rifle. I wonder how that will do against them. I'll go on the hunt for the alien weapon tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Thanks, meg. I also have a plasma rifle. I wonder how that will do against them. I'll go on the hunt for the alien weapon tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah, I levelled up in my ability to repair energy weapons, then collected a bunch of plasma rifles and levelled one up to max.

It was pretty awesome. I love how the enemies turn to piles of green goo

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Something huge is coming to the Wii

What could it bii?? What would it bii??
    I really hope it's the next Zelda title.

Last E3 was really underwhelming, so I hope they actually do have a bigger presence this year.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Yeah, I levelled up in my ability to repair energy weapons, then collected a bunch of plasma rifles and levelled one up to max.

It was pretty awesome. I love how the enemies turn to piles of green goo
    The Fallout wiki strongly recommended using the dart gun to slow the Deathclaw and then shoot it over and over with The Terrible Shotgun. I had the schematics for the dart gun, so I went to the minefield, collected the parts, and built it. I also already have The Terrible Shotgun from cleaning out a Raider camp.

Works like a charm. The Deathclaw slows to a crawl when you shoot it with the dart gun. Then you just blast it in the head over and over.

Speaking of schematics. Most of the weapons I've put together have been novel, but not very powerful. The Nuka-Grenade is probably the most useful schematic I've used. Those suckers pack a punch. The railroad spike rifle is funny, and probably second most powerful. The Rock-It Launcher is, again, novel, but not very powerful and heavy as hell. Admittedly, it's pretty funny to see a guy get his head taken off by a flying plate or bone saw. I was disappointed that the Shishkabob was a burning sword. I had no use for it, although it did seem pretty powerful.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    I really hope it's the next Zelda title.

Last E3 was really underwhelming, so I hope they actually do have a bigger presence this year.

I wonder what the chances are that it might be a new "Resident Evil" game?

My dream come true would be a new "Metroid Prime", but I doubt that'll happen. I was a little disappointed with "Corruption", and I'd love to see it get a truly brilliant Wii entry. Part of me thinks I shouldn't expect a new game in that series any time soon, though.

Didn't Retro Studios say they were done with the Metroid franchise? If it was brought back again, it would be someone else doing that, and you might like that even less.

Also, Capcom just made a whole slew of Resident Evil Wii announcements about a month ago. I wouldn't expect anything on that front.

E3's a weird animal. It's more a trade show at heart than it is a gamer's convention, so the gamers get all pissed off when they talk about sales figures and what's selling instead of the lolhardcore titles "real gamers" want.

Whatever it is, I just hope it's good and isn't rushed out the door. Guess we'll find out in about six weeks' time what's in store.

I did not know that about Retro and "Metroid". That's too bad. I wonder what they'll be moving on to - and whatever it is, I hope they bring the same TLC so we get another supremely high quality game.

I'm stumped as to what this game could be, then.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about a new "Zelda" game.

I am replaying WWF No Mercy on N64.

Best. Wrestling. Game. Ever.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)

Easily.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Easily.
    The Japanese version of it, Virtual Pro-Wrestling 2, is even better.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

The two wrestling games I played like mad on my N64 were "WWF: War Zone" and "WCW/NWO: Revenge".

In the first, I loved making my own wrestlers. My favorite thing was making a massively fat wrestler who could move like a little guy.

And in the latter, I was always Rey Mysterio, Jr.

But the games that got the most play from me overall on the N64 would be...

Goldeneye
    Super Mario 64
    F-Zero X
    Turok 1&2

The best thing about No Mercy is that almost anyone in existance had a template available online, and it would only take about 15 minutes to make them. The Legends of Wrestlemania takes FOREVER to create someone new.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)

I nominate this.

I think when I get home I'm going to start playing through "GTA: Vice City" again.

That's still the very best of the series, IMO. Endless fun to be had there.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)

YES.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Kinda sad that the closest thing we got to a rassling game that used same engine as WWF No Mercy was the first Def Jam game. Nothing since.

I would really love a game that plays like WWF No Mercy, but with more updated graphics, and full stereo surround with which to enjoy the lovely ringing sound of ramming X-Pac's face repeatedly into the ring bell.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Kinda sad that the closest thing we got to a rassling game that used same engine as WWF No Mercy was the first Def Jam game. Nothing since.

I would really love a game that plays like WWF No Mercy, but with more updated graphics, and full stereo surround with which to enjoy the lovely ringing sound of ramming X-Pac's face repeatedly into the ring bell.
    Legends of Wrestlemania has pretty simple controls and comes close, but there's a few annoying bits with the submissions and having to smash buttons fast to get out of a pin.

Nonetheless, it's the best wrestling game since No Mercy.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter