Page 188 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 881381781861871881891901982382886881188 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Super Mario Bros. is at number 17. I have no idea what to make of that.

It's basically a list of popular console games in some random order.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    But what's with Outrun 2? Have they been reading Tim Rogers?
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I've hit a wall with "Metroid Prime 3", but the great thing about this series is knowing that you're never stuck for long.

Unfortunately, it's a part of the game where there are no save points from here on in, and my health is constantly draining.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Beat "Metroid Prime 3" this morning. Holy anti-climax, Batman!

I'm not sure if it's the shortest of the three games, or if it went by so fast because I already know the "formula" of the series so well that I just blasted through it.

Fun while it lasted, but the ending boss and resolution to the game was a tad disappointing.

Right after I beat that, I began playing "Super Mario Galaxy" and...holy crap, what a game!

Beautiful visuals, tight, intuitive controls and gameplay that feel natural and easy to use, wonderful musical score - variations on various tunes from throughout the Mario legacy, but done orchestrally and in surround sound.

Every time I completed one of the planet/asteroid things, it felt like it was a new, clever experience.

Similar to games like "Braid" and "Portal", it made me feel like I was figuring things out along with the game, and the sense of satisfaction from these little puzzles really makes the game a rewarding experience.

I've been playing for about 90 minutes so far, and I can already say I love this game.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Resident Evil 4 should be lower and God of War should be higher. Everyone uses QTEs in their games now! How can God of war be so low?!

Halo at number 6 is ridiculous and should be replaced with Unreal Tournament.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

All those FPS games and "Doom" is nowhere to be found.

Resident Evil 4 came out a few months before God of War and also had quick-time events. In fact, games have had QTEs for some time.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    In fact, games have had QTEs for some time.
    Yeah, since like 1983.

Will you guys stop using wiki to reference everything. The QTEs were nowhere near to the extend of God of War.. God of War put them on the map. Even Resident Evil 4s QTEs were few and far from what was to come. Think of Prince of Persia, COD5, Heavenly Sword, Tomb Raider, Quantum of Solace, Bourne, the list is huge.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Will you guys stop using wiki to reference everything. The QTEs were nowhere near to the extend of God of War.. God of War put them on the map. Even Resident Evil 4s QTEs were few and far from what was to come. Think of Prince of Persia, COD5, Heavenly Sword, Tomb Raider, Quantum of Solace, Bourne, the list is huge.

Things evolve, Duke.

The computers I used in grade 2 computer class were "nowhere near the extent" of what we use today, but they were still computers, and if it weren't for those primitive machines then we wouldn't have today's high-end stuff.

Same thing goes for QTE, which harken back to the reflex-testing games on NES and even prior to that.

Think Dragon's Layer and Space Ace.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Things evolve, Duke.

The computers I used in grade 2 computer class were "nowhere near the extent" of what we use today, but they were still computers, and if it weren't for those primitive machines then we wouldn't have today's high-end stuff.

Same thing goes for QTE, which harken back to the reflex-testing games on NES and even prior to that.
    Okay well then God of War was the first to take the ridiculous fully animated QTEs and combine them with an entire sequence of QTEs.

Okay well then God of War was the first to take the ridiculous fully animated QTEs and combine them with an entire sequence of QTEs.
    Shenmue on the DC was probably the first in more modern gaming.

I may be mistaken, but I think the term 'QTE' was made up for that game (I'm almost positive that the term was coined by Yu Suzuki), however the concept of QTEs goes back to Dragon's Layer.

Will you guys stop using wiki to reference everything.
    Hahaha. Oh man.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Shenmue on the DC was probably the first in more modern gaming.

I may be mistaken, but I think the term 'QTE' was made up for that game (I'm almost positive that the term was coined by Yu Suzuki), however the concept of QTEs goes back to Dragon's Layer.
    Are you almost positive because that's what wiki says?

Where's your avatar btw?

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a Game Boy Advance RPG released in 2003, also had long series of QTE battle animations. And I don't believe that kind of chained attack originated there, either (I know there are earlier examples, but can't call them to mind right now).

Where's your avatar btw?
    Hahaha. Oh man.

No - because I remember an interview with NextGen, I think, in which they were discussing Shenmue (then called Project Berkley).

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a Game Boy Advance RPG released in 2003, also had long series of QTE battle animations. And I don't believe that kind of chained attack originated there, either (I know there are earlier examples, but can't call them to mind right now).
    But even that game didn't have the element of surprise like in God of War... You knew it was coming... you could prepare for it... and it usually involved some side scrolling event... You had two buttons to press. In God of War you had 4 + directional.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    No - because I remember an interview with NextGen, I think, in which they were discussing Shenmue (then called Project Berkley).
    Can we all agree then that God of War stepped it up from whatever existed in the years prior? God of War took QTEs, and actually made them fun and (unfortunately) overused in today's games.

Yeah, Shenmue is where I remember it first.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Hahaha. Oh man.
    Hey guys, Duke neg-repped me for this and said:
    dont qutote me if you're not going to explain what the fuck you're saying
    So, let me say this, Duke: The insinuation I got out of this here is that people who know things are just pretentious boobs who source Wikipedia to get all their ideas and knowledge instead of pulling it from wherever you get whatever content ends up in your post. It's so ridiculous. Someone brings up true statements and you're like "Where'd you get that from? WIKI?!!?!?!" as if that is some kind of counterargument.

Can we all agree then that God of War stepped it up from whatever existed in the years prior? God of War took QTEs, and actually made them fun and (unfortunately) overused in today's games.
    I don't think I can agree with this. I love the GoW games - they're freaking awesome - but the QTEs were, for me at least, nothing very special. I mean, I had a ton of fun playing Dragon's Layer and other LD based games in the arcade back in the day.

When I think of GoW, I don't think of innovation, I think of an extremely well-polished and executed action game, and sometimes those qualities are far more desirable than innovation and originality.

So much hostility surrounding a gaming convention!

Let's all cool off and talk about something that really matters, like the jiggling boob physics introduced in Dead or Alive.

Now there's some innovation!