Page 187 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 871371771851861871881891972372876871187 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,675 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

EDIT: nevermind there isn't GC hardware in there but it's a nearly identical CPU and GPU. The emulation is probably nearly all in hardware.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Killzone 2 is out. Will be picking it up tomorrow morning. Can't wait.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Megladon
    Then you look at upcoming games...

MadWorld
    The Conduit
    Ghostbusters
    Dead Space: Extraction
    new Mario, Zelda and (possibly) Metroid games

PLUS you have the huge selection of NES, SNES, SEGA and other classic games.

Yeah, it's a system worth having. I'm officially converted.
    Only Mad World looks truly unique, Ghostbusters will appear on other systems as well and it's from a movie (aka alarm bells going off in my head), The Conduit might have some interesting game mechanics, but with the great first-person shooters clearly appearing on other systems, doesn't look like it'll mean much in the grand scheme of things. As for Dead Space: E, I know little about it, but sounds derivative already except with a few Wii controls thrown in for good measure.

All those classics you mentioned I've got on my hard drive and they're emulated flawlessly. Plus, I don't have to wait for them to be released. I simply press a few buttons and presto!

I'll admit though. If a new Metroid sees the light of day on the Wii and it's heralded as yet another classic, I'll probably shed a tear or two.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Only Mad World looks truly unique, Ghostbusters will appear on other systems as well and it's from a movie (aka alarm bells going off in my head), The Conduit might have some interesting game mechanics, but with the great first-person shooters clearly appearing on other systems, doesn't look like it'll mean much in the grand scheme of things. As for Dead Space: E, I know little about it, but sounds derivative already except with a few Wii controls thrown in for good measure.

All those classics you mentioned I've got on my hard drive and they're emulated flawlessly. Plus, I don't have to wait for them to be released. I simply press a few buttons and presto!

I'll admit though. If a new Metroid sees the light of day on the Wii and it's heralded as yet another classic, I'll probably shed a tear or two.

The "Ghostbusters" game actually isn't from the movies, it pretty much is what a third installment of the movie series was going to be. And preliminary reviews/previews have been surprisingly good.

And as I was saying before to D_Davis, I think the Wii has great potential with the shooter market, and I wouldn't be surprised if it begins to capitalize on this in a year or so.

And as for the emulators you have for classic games...

Controller >>>>>>>>>>>>> keyboard
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    With a PS3 and an Xbox 360, something has to give I suppose. Speaking of PS3, I got Killzone 2 today.
    I want that more than anything right now.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    And as for the emulators you have for classic games...

Controller >>>>>>>>>>>>> keyboard
    You do know they make controllers for the PC, right? I actually use a 360 controller and arcade stick on my PC. I've had a PC game pad since, forever.

Okay, I've been on a video game nostalgia kick, and I'm impressed by how many of the old games are online.

So, I'm trying to find a game that I used to play at my cousin's house, but I cannot remember the name of it. It was primarily text-based, but there would be a stationary picture at the top half of the screen, showing a landscape or something as you moved around.

The main thing I remember is that the bad guy you wanted to avoid was a huge snake, very scary. If you wandered into his territory, the picture screen showed a rearing snake head, he killed you, game over. It was a puzzle game for children.

Any of this sound familiar? I'd love to see if I can find it, but "big snake" isn't getting me very far.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    The "Ghostbusters" game actually isn't from the movies, it pretty much is what a third installment of the movie series was going to be. And preliminary reviews/previews have been surprisingly good.
    Problem is they're going to to be using a lot of scenes from 1 and 2 in the video game. I hate it when they do that....
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    You do know they make controllers for the PC, right? I actually use a 360 controller and arcade stick on my PC. I've had a PC game pad since, forever.

Yes, I am aware of game pads.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Okay, I've been on a video game nostalgia kick, and I'm impressed by how many of the old games are online.

So, I'm trying to find a game that I used to play at my cousin's house, but I cannot remember the name of it. It was primarily text-based, but there would be a stationary picture at the top half of the screen, showing a landscape or something as you moved around.

The main thing I remember is that the bad guy you wanted to avoid was a huge snake, very scary. If you wandered into his territory, the picture screen showed a rearing snake head, he killed you, game over. It was a puzzle game for children.

Any of this sound familiar? I'd love to see if I can find it, but "big snake" isn't getting me very far.
    Sounds like a King's Quest game to me.

Sounds like a King's Quest game to me.
    No... I freaking love King's Quest, and I own all those games on disc. And yes, I still play them. In set-up, this was more like the very early incarnations of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? Like this.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Yes, I am aware of game pads.
    And as fate would have it, I own one. As for the Ghostbusters game, there's always the chance they're going to capitalize on the name alone, although considering that Ghostbusters has been out of the limelight for a long time, perhaps the developers are dead set on delivering a solid/great/game.

You should perhaps also know that I own a PS3, Xbox 360 and a Wii. So as you can perhaps imagine, that is becoming a bit too much. I don't see its value any longer although ironically, Metroid Prime 3 was better, or at least as good, as anything I've played on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

And yes, the Wii still has untapped potential.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    No... I freaking love King's Quest, and I own all those games on disc. And yes, I still play them. In set-up, this was more like the very early incarnations of Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? Like this.
    Man - there are so many games like that....

Hard to think of just one!

Maybe you could browse through:

www.mobygames.com

You know those times when you just can't win a SF match, no matter how poor the other player is playing?

I'm sure all you SF vets know what I'm talking about.

I had one of those nights last night. It was terrible. I lost like 400 BP and my w-t-l ratio dropped 2%.

Ugh.

I feel so ashamed!

I faced 2 El Fuerte players who spammed the same damn move over and over again - it looks like people are finally figuring out how to make that dude annoying as hell. I can't think of any way to break the cycle once you get hit by the move. It's this crazy move where he jumps at you and hits you - and it goes through everything. Even if you are blocking it flattens you. And then, if the player is good, he can time it perfectly so that it hits you right at wake up. Once you get slammed, there is no way to recover. So basically, you have to never get hit by El Fuerte. I expect a ton of people to start using this. One of the guys I fought had like 4000 BP, and I imagine he was simply using this technique. Crazy! I've got to figure out a way to counter this.

Yeah, I don't care for the SFIV much. I'll probably return it for Project Fear.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Tomorrow night I'm having an epic SFIV party - so all you all with the game need to be logged in so we can all play.

It's going to be....amazing.

Picked up "Super Mario Galaxy" and "Rayman Raving Rabbids" today.

At the grocery store, of all places. They had $10 off all video games, and the prices were low to begin with.

Total came to $50.

Tomorrow night I'm having an epic SFIV party - so all you all with the game need to be logged in so we can all play.

It's going to be....amazing.
    What time?

On a related note:

SF4 guys I seem to have the most success with:
    • Blanka
    • Fei Long
    • Ryu

SF4 guys I have the most fun playing:
    • Sagat
    • El Fuerte
    • Zangief
    • Fei Long

Almost completely mutually exclusive, those two lists. *sob*
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    SF4 guys I have the most fun playing:
    • Sagat
    • El Fuerte
    • Zangief
    • Fei Long
    If you learn what those two El Fuertes I faced last night were doing, you'd also be kicking but with them.

Man - they were tough!

We'll be starting around 6 pm Pacific time.

I seem to only be good with Abel, who is full of cheap moves. Haven't played with everyone yet though.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

If you learn what those two El Fuertes I faced last night were doing, you'd also be kicking but with them.

Man - they were tough!

We'll be starting around 6 pm Pacific time.
    That'll be 8 my time. Probably the earliest I could show up would be around 7:30 your time. I'll try my best to show up!

As for El Fuerte, I imagine you're talking about his habanero dash variations. He has a few deceptive moves that come out of that one that I'm trying to get the knack of so I can pull them off consistently, and then, LOOK OUT. I imagine he would give Zangief a VERY hard time.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

I've been puzzling over this list since it was posted yesterday. I still have no idea what the hell it's trying to convey.

Yeah, I don't really see how Mario Kart really influenced anything spectacular. Except maybe that Crash Bandicoot racing game.

And why is Ocarina of Time ahead of A Link to The Past but Grand Theft Auto is ahead of Vice City & San Andreas. I mean, I buy Ocarina having more influence than Link to The Past but under the same logic, one could say the same for Vice City and the original GTA. The influence was more potent in the later installments rather than the original installment, I mean.

I don't know. Weird list, indeed. Some great titles in there, no doubt, but the alleged "influence" that they associated with some of them is a bit dubious.