Page 183 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 831331731811821831841851932332836831183 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,575 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    I called mine "Kowloon."

I was watching a lot of Hong Kong films at the time.

My cat's name is Spunky.

He's actually a lion in disguise. He could kick all the Thundercats' asses.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

This might be tough to hear, D_Davis, but it has to be said. Your man, the big ol' hurly-burly Russian Zangief is a worse spammer than Abel. He was murderizing me with the spinning piledriver last night. I couldn't even move! I was getting so angry I had to turn the XBox off and walk away.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

I too am a Zangief man, and I will admit, he is a bit too powerful in the game, especially for people that have mastered him.

Director
    Hour 2 in this strip is basically me the entire time I'm playing the game.

[]

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    This might be tough to hear, D_Davis, but it has to be said. Your man, the big ol' hurly-burly Russian Zangief is a worse spammer than Abel. He was murderizing me with the spinning piledriver last night. I couldn't even move! I was getting so angry I had to turn the XBox off and walk away.
    Heh heh.

I used to piss people off at the arcades spamming that.

I'm not so good with him anymore, but I hope to improve.

For the longest time no one ever used him, not knowing he was among the most powerful characters in the game.

Quote Quoting Justin (view post)
    I too am a Zangief man, and I will admit, he is a bit too powerful in the game, especially for people that have mastered him.
    Are you super good with him?

I only got good with him in the original Street Fighter II, and since them he seems to have been changed a little - or maybe I'm just misremembering.

I don't mind losing to a good Zangief player.

You try to jump at him - he bats you away like a tether ball with the spinning lariat. You come within half the game screen of him, he belts you with that radioactive-looking spinning back hand which is deceptively fast, and covers a surprisingly large amount of ground. Any closer to him and he nails you with any one of his arsenal of high-damage grabs. You try and throw a fireball at him, there he goes again with that spinning lariat and the fireball sails harmlessly by.

The guy is my kryptonite!
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

You try to jump at him - he bats you away like a tether ball with the spinning lariat. You come within half the game screen of him, he belts you with that radioactive-looking spinning back hand which is deceptively fast, and covers a surprisingly large amount of ground. Any closer to him and he nails you with any one of his arsenal of high-damage grabs. You try and throw a fireball at him, there he goes again with that spinning lariat and the fireball sails harmlessly by.

The guy is my kryptonite!
    Fighting a good Zangief player is simply a battle of attrition.

Just try to peck at him enough to do slightly more damage than he has done to you, and stay the hell away. Stay in the air as much as possible, and hope the timer runs out.

It's not a pretty win, but who cares.

Winning is winning.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Are you super good with him?

I only got good with him in the original Street Fighter II, and since them he seems to have been changed a little - or maybe I'm just misremembering.

I don't mind losing to a good Zangief player.
    I don't know if I am super good, but I can do any of hit grabs at will. I have a pretty good record with him on live as well. I find him much easier in the newer games than SFII, mainly because the grab isn't as stubborn. I will say that for some reason I struggle against Sagat with Zangief.

Fighting a good Zangief player is simply a battle of attrition.

Just try to peck at him enough to do slightly more damage than he has done to you, and stay the hell away. Stay in the air as much as possible, and hope the timer runs out.

It's not a pretty win, but who cares.

Winning is winning.
    Actually, my tactic when I run into a good Zangief character will be as follows:

1) put down controller
    2) go upstairs.
    3) open refrigerator
    4) get beer out of refrigerator
    5) come back downstairs.
    6) by that time, my guy will have gotten resoundingly beaten, and the Zangief player will have walked away.

Not pretty, but I'm gonna lose either way. I'd rather lose with a beer in my hand than without.

Actually, my tactic when I run into a good Zangief character will be as follows:

1) put down controller
    2) go upstairs.
    3) open refrigerator
    4) get beer out of refrigerator
    5) come back downstairs.
    6) by that time, my guy will have gotten resoundingly beaten, and the Zangief player will have walked away.

Not pretty, but I'm gonna lose either way. I'd rather lose with a beer in my hand than without.
    Might as well spam the taunt while drinking the beer.

I don't know if I am super good, but I can do any of hit grabs at will. I have a pretty good record with him on live as well. I find him much easier in the newer games than SFII, mainly because the grab isn't as stubborn. I will say that for some reason I struggle against Sagat with Zangief.

Sweet - we'll have to play some time.

Man, I really want to put in some serious SFIV time soon.

Ooh, I might have a chance!

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Yeah, that's gonna be awesome.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeah, that's gonna be awesome.
    So awesome. I want those other two Riddick films NOW!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Dan - is this the Street Fighter stick you're talking about? Looks like the SF4 arcade sticks were limited editions and are now going for ridiculous amounts of money, so this might be the best option, if there are any around that aren't ridiculously marked up.

Dan - is this the Street Fighter stick you're talking about? Looks like the SF4 arcade sticks were limited editions and are now going for ridiculous amounts of money, so this might be the best option, if there are any around that aren't ridiculously marked up.

That's the one.

Would someone mind showing me a product page or something for exactly what I would need to run both my 360 and Wii with component cables into the same video input for my TV?

I really have no idea what I'm looking for.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Would someone mind showing me a product page or something for exactly what I would need to run both my 360 and Wii with component cables into the same video input for my TV?

I really have no idea what I'm looking for.
    http://www.amazon.com/ATLONA-COMPONE...5186096&sr=8-1

This is what I use. I've got a brand new one extra (faulty shipping), so if you want I'll sell it to you for like $30 plus shipping.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    http://www.amazon.com/ATLONA-COMPONE...5186096&sr=8-1

This is what I use. I've got a brand new one extra (faulty shipping), so if you want I'll sell it to you for like $30 plus shipping.

That's awesome, man, thanks.

If you don't mind could I get back to you on that in a couple of days? I think my dad's going to check out a couple of places over the weekend and if he can't find what he's looking for I'll grab this one from you.

If you have other people interested in buying it, that's fine.

I want to play Noby Noby Boy so bad, it's making me consider prioritizing the PS3 over the 360.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Nostalgia Nerd Posts Again:

I've been trying to remember for YEARS the name of the perfectly awesome game we had on our very first family computer, and I just found it on a list of all-time best computer games.

And I also found somewhere I can play online. It's called Rogue: The Adventure Game. There are really no graphics to speak of-- scary monsters are represented by letters. (O is an Orc.)
    My favorite variation of Rogue is Nethack. It's crack. Even with just ascii graphics

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    That's awesome, man, thanks.

If you don't mind could I get back to you on that in a couple of days? I think my dad's going to check out a couple of places over the weekend and if he can't find what he's looking for I'll grab this one from you.

If you have other people interested in buying it, that's fine.
    It's whatever. I've had it sitting in a closet for a few months.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I can feel my Honda skills returning...and it feels good.