Page 164 of 1266 FirstFirst ... 641141541621631641651661742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 31646

Thread: Video Games...Discuss Them

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    I might know a loophole, but I don't know if it works and you will need 1-month free Live Gold subscription card (sometimes you get these when you buy a game).

What you could try is to create an Japanese Live account to access the Japanese Live marketplace, because I believe the demo is till up that marketplace. The demo was released last week over there. Then you could download the Japanese demo of L4D and just play it on your regular live account.
    It's okay. I managed to find the game at another Blockbuster.

It's pretty fun so far, I'm liking the detail that they threw in.

Some very cool concept art for "Halo 3: Recon".

Sorry for my dumbosity, but what does ODST mean, and why is it called that everywhere as opposed to "Recon"?
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Some very cool concept art for "Halo 3: Recon".

Sorry for my dumbosity, but what does ODST mean, and why is it called that everywhere as opposed to "Recon"?
    IGN has it listed as:

"Halo 3: ODST
    Also known as: Halo 3: Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, Halo 3: Recon [working title]"

If I saw "Halo 3: ODST", I'd probably think it was the "Halo 3" Official Soundtrack.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    If I saw "Halo 3: ODST", I'd probably think it was the "Halo 3" Official Soundtrack.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

This is actually the first time I've heard about the game. I guess it's just an expansion, right?

Either way, "Orbital Drop Shock Troopers" is kind of an awkward title.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

This is actually the first time I've heard about the game. I guess it's just an expansion, right?

Either way, "Orbital Drop Shock Troopers" is kind of an awkward title.

It was announced a few months ago, and it seems to be not just an expansion but a completely new game.

Initial reports say it's a whole new campaign, as well as new multi-player.

Colour me very excited, especially with the trailer and the concept art which shows a very vibrant, colourful world.

I also think it's cool that they're taking it away from Master Chief for a bit. The "Halo" universe is one I want to know more about.

Looking forward to this in 2009, but my #1 most anticipated title of the year is definitely "The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena".

No idea on games that are set for next year, but I doubt any will beat Resident Evil 5.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    No idea on games that are set for next year, but I doubt any will beat Resident Evil 5.
    Let's hope we get that demo sooner than later.

You can already play the Resident Evil 5 demo if you want. Just download it from a torrent site or some other place, burn it as an .iso on a dvd and put it in your 360. Then you just have to sign out from your Live account and launch the game from you game library. You must disconnect from live by signing out because it is region locked.

It's a pretty cool demo, although I think not everyone will like it. It is pretty hard and the controls are very old school Resident Evil-ish. For example you can't walk and shoot. This can be pretty frustrating if you are used to gameplay from games like Dead Space. The graphics are awesome though. The demo has an online co-op part too, but I haven't tried that.

Picked up some games with some Xmas money: Left 4 Dead and Prince of Persia. I'll be upgrading my XBL account to Gold within the next day or two as well. Actually, I think there's a promotion that nets you something like 400 MS points if you go gold before the end of the year. That might land me with enough of a balance to get Mega Man,

I know I'm sorta late to the L4D game, but if any of you guys wanna get together and have a zombie whupass party and need some extra firepower, I'd be game!

(XBL ID = bac1n)
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Valve Teases Left 4 Dead DLC Reveal Soon, Simultaneous Xbox 360 Release

Solid details on the first batch of Left 4 Dead downloadable content should be out "shortly," according to Valve writer Chet Faliszek. But, in true Valve tradition, it appears the announcement has already been postponed, as it was expected "before Christmas."

Though details are light, Faliszek confirmed that the upcoming download will bring new scenarios, as "what we want to do is just deliver more content you can play at this point." Those new scenarios will be released on the "[Xbox] 360 at the same time as the PC," instead of receiving a later Xbox 360 release a la Valve's Team Fortress 2.

Owners of the PC version can also expect the long-promised SDK at some point, which should allow for the creation of custom maps, scenarios and other mods.

"We should be announcing that before Christmas, what the DLC is," said Faliszek in a Kotaku video podcast, seemingly recorded December 15. "The holidays aren't actually so much delaying it as the press guys--[marketing VP] Doug [Lombardi]'s been taking some time. We'll have an announcement shortly, I don't know exactly when."

As for a movie editor that would let users capture and edit in-game footage--something Valve apparently hinted at in an E3 interview--Faliszek merely noted that the team wants to make sure that playable content will be "the first out--after that, I hate to speculate."

While pricing was not discussed, the new content is expected to be free for PC owners, continuing in Valve's tradition of providing PC gamers with free post-release support. However, it is uncertain if the Xbox 360 DLC will be free, as Microsoft is apparently forcing Valve to charge for the upcoming Team Fortress 2 DLC on Xbox 360.
    I guess they didn't make the Christmas deadline, but still good news! I think we'll get the first DLC in spring 2009.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    As far as I know, the only game I'll be getting this coming year is The Sims 3.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    You can already play the Resident Evil 5 demo if you want. Just download it from a torrent site or some other place, burn it as an .iso on a dvd and put it in your 360. Then you just have to sign out from your Live account and launch the game from you game library. You must disconnect from live by signing out because it is region locked.
    Whoa. You know all the demo loop-holes, eh?

I didn't think you could do something like that without a chip or something.

Broke out Fallout 3 and started the game over with a new character. Played for several hours on Saturday, and I barely made a dent in the game. How any of you finished it so quickly is beyond me.

Right now I'm "researching" things for the Survival Guide, chapter 2. As long as the research requires me to go out and shoot up a bunch of raiders, I'm a happy camper. I had a ton of fun cleaning out the elementary school, too.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Broke out Fallout 3 and started the game over with a new character. Played for several hours on Saturday, and I barely made a dent in the game. How any of you finished it so quickly is beyond me.

I thought this, too.

There is so much to do and see in the game. People who beat it in the first weekend of owning it, I just think "you're missing out on 90% of the game".

I beat it just the other day, at 55 or so hours of gameplay, and I still have tons to do and see.

I doubt I will ever beat the game.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Apparently this has been around for a few years, but I just came across it today:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Apparently this has been around for a few years, but I just came across it today:
    I remember reading that a while ago. It's still moving.

There is also a YTMND version with music. :sad:

That's an incredibly moving story. Video Games..who knew?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    It's also a fabricated story.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    It's also a fabricated story.
    Doesn't make it any less moving.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Doesn't make it any less moving.
    Well, it does by a bit.

Grenades!! They're an excellent way to kill those giant ants in Fallout 3. Too bad they're so EXPENSIVE.

I've been playing L4D a lot. It's a good game but I'm glad I didn't go out and buy it.

There are too few enemy types. Despite the spontaneity and unpredictability that is concomitant with the director system, things can still get a little blasé. Which is unfortunate.

Still, the atmosphere is top-notch, and this is certainly one of the better multiplayer experiences I've seen on Live. But there are times when things get a bit listless. This isn't a huge, constant problem but I just get that feeling from time to time... especially after you've seen all the enemies. It's still fun when you're being chased by a Tank or you watch one of your team-members get beat down by one, but after a while, it all kind of dissipates into some deja-vu...

Throw two or three Tanks in there. Mix up the zombies so they are both super fast and slow. I appreciate the variety Valve tried to throw in but I want more than the zombie/hunter/tank/witch variations. There should be all sorts of crazy creatures coming out of the woodwork. That way, no one game would ever truly be the same. I mean, you can always expect a Tank or a Witch, but if Valve had developed a larger arsenal of adversaries... then every session would be pretty exciting. Throw in some mammoth Resident Evil 2 style human/creature hybrids and a wide variety of other strange things and then we'd have a pretty stellar game.

As it stands, it has many atmospheric and stimulating moments... that eventually get worn torn by a slight touch of predictability and 'been there, done that'.

There's always the inevitable sequel.

Quote Quoting Amnesiac (view post)
    I've been playing L4D a lot. It's a good game but I'm glad I didn't go out and buy it.

There are too few enemy types. Despite the spontaneity and unpredictability that is concomitant with the director system, things can still get a little blasé. Which is unfortunate.

Still, the atmosphere is top-notch, and this is certainly one of the better multiplayer experiences I've seen on Live. But there are times when things get a bit listless. This isn't a huge, constant problem but I just get that feeling from time to time... especially after you've seen all the enemies. It's still fun when you're being chased by a Tank or you watch one of your team-members get beat down by one, but after a while, it all kind of dissipates into some deja-vu...

Throw two or three Tanks in there. Mix up the zombies so they are both super fast and slow. I appreciate the variety Valve tried to throw in but I want more than the zombie/hunter/tank/witch variations. There should be all sorts of crazy creatures coming out of the woodwork. That way, no one game would ever truly be the same. I mean, you can always expect a Tank or a Witch, but if Valve had developed a larger arsenal of adversaries... then every session would be pretty exciting. Throw in some mammoth Resident Evil 2 style human/creature hybrids and a wide variety of other strange things and then we'd have a pretty stellar game.

As it stands, it has many atmospheric and stimulating moments... that eventually get worn torn by a slight touch of predictability and 'been there, done that'.

There's always the inevitable sequel.
    Wouldn't it be great to do something like a hallway full of witches in that game? Or like you said, two-three Tanks at once.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter